Gun Control

Roark

I am all for waiting periods for background checks. If you feel you absolutely need a gun right now, you absolutely do not. Felons and the mentally ill have no rights to weapons of any kind.

I would be all for having a police officer at schools, but like others have said getting the funding for it would be next to impossible. School funding is the first thing that gets cut every time a state comes in to 'cut spending.'

Health care and education are things we should not be cutting, but better funding to better set our society up for the future.

I am all for waiting periods for background checks. If you feel you absolutely need a gun right now, you absolutely do not. Felons and the mentally ill have no rights to weapons of any kind.

I would be all for having a police officer at schools, but like others have said getting the funding for it would be next to impossible. School funding is the first thing that gets cut every time a state comes in to 'cut spending.'

Health care and education are things we should not be cutting, but better funding to better set our society up for the future.

I'm mentally ill. Do I not have the right to protect my family? Do I seem like a threatening person?

Gun Control, get the illegal guns and the guns that are owned by criminals and those with violent criminal backgrounds first. Dont' bother your average joe and berate him because he is a gun owner...

Great policy. And you would define an 'average joe' how?

I'm mentally ill. Do I not have the right to protect my family? Do I seem like a threatening person?

If you are suffering from a mental illness, then no you do not have a right to a gun. Sure, it might sound harsh, but by definition the mentally ill are not in a position to clearly make life altering decisions.

Gun Control, get the illegal guns and the guns that are owned by criminals and those with violent criminal backgrounds first. Dont' bother your average joe and berate him because he is a gun owner...

No criminal record and no mental illness. Very simple.

If you are suffering from a mental illness, then no you do not have a right to a gun. Sure, it might sound harsh, but by definition the mentally ill are not in a position to clearly make life altering decisions.

So you're just going to blanket everyone with any form of mental illness and say they cannot own a firearm? I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to kill anyone. I'm more cautious about sh#t than anyone I know and I feel terrible if I run over a squirrel with my car. I should have the right to protect my family, no?

What age limit? Seems like all the nutbars that kill people are under 25. Should we not impose an age limit as well?

Tighten and change background checks. I read somewhere that it is easier to buy a gun than adopt a pet.

That is pretty much true. How about we give out free condoms to f'ing idiots so they don't reproduce. I'm all about solving the root cause instead of adding Band-Aids.

What age limit? Seems like all the nutbars that kill people are under 25. Should we not impose an age limit as well?

And any of this would of stopped the massacre in Newtown how? He tried to buy a gun and was stopped, by current laws. If I read it correctly he murdered his mother and took her lawfully purchased guns. Please explain how anything you are talking about would of helped.

And any of this would of stopped the massacre in Newtown how? He tried to buy a gun and was stopped, by current laws. If I read it correctly he murdered his mother and took her lawfully purchased guns. Please explain how anything you are talking about would of helped.

I don't think it would have. That's the point I've been trying to make. It just pisses me off when people oversimplify the issue (Stigori).

I don't think it would have. That's the point I've been trying to make. It just pisses me off when people oversimplify the issue (Stigori).

No worries, you posted as I was making mine. Crossed wires.

Edited by Canttakeitanymore