Bo in for the long run?

Bo has already been in for a fairly long run. He is finishing his 5th season and must at this point be considered an established coach. He is not new any more. He has already had a long run (or, at least a substantial start to a long run). What you have seen is pretty much what you can expect in the future (he could improve, I suppose).. but generally it takes 2-3 seasons to know what a coach has to offer (for the most part) and after that it is usually pretty much established what the coach (for his part) is capable of.

Will he stay much longer? Who knows?! Unless there comes some unexpected success of some sort, either he will tire of NU or NU of him... but that is probably a couple of years out. But that is just a guess. No one knows, really.

I think it's pretty easy to make this more complicated that it needs to be. All coaches want their teams to be as salty as possible and have as much depth and as many play makers as possible, whether they're making plans for the NFL or spreading out roots to stay for a while. Guys who didn't play this year did so because Bo felt they needed time to develop. If they would have had the look of freshman all american candidates, they would have played.

In honesty it did not appear they needed to be freshmen all americans. Just a warm body to get in the way might have helped. We keep saving for a rainey day. I think the CCG counts towards that number.

We now have nothing but freshmen to man the trenches or a possible JC transfer if we can dig one up.

Now the freshmen we are depending on have zero experience. Personally I would rather have a wet behind the ears player that has seen the field than what we are going to be prancing out there. Now if they just are not as good as needs be that is a difference maker, but most are placing a 12 win season on these kids now. Easy schedule you know. Some playing time might have helped that next year, you just never know. But I must say Bo has done everything so perfectly it is hard go question, yea right.

• Fire 1

Its not like the red shirts haven't been working on the scheme all year. Going into next year won't be a complete surprise for them. Early schedule only has one tough game, and the overall schedule, is a lot easier than last couple. Bo could have looked at that, and knew he had plenty of time, to get these kids up to real playing time speed. If they did their home work last season, getting their feet wet, is about all that should be left.

As far as Wis game, we got out coached. Happens to the best of them, from time to time.

GBR!!!

Whether he stays or goes I don't think Bo is the kind of guy who will sabotage the future of his team. Two of the coaching staff he came with to "turn this around" ,his brother and Marvin Sanders, were supposedly fired for girl chasing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bo was offered by some other program and took it. I'm sure his wife's opinion factors into it heavily as well.....maybe someone should ask her?

You know, Bo never was clear that he wanted to coach for the next 20 plus years at any level or any place. I believe he was either talking about Coach Osborne or Coach Paterno, i can't remember. Bo is more of a here and now kind of guy, he doesn't look back into the past and he doesn't look far out ahead either.

In honesty it did not appear they needed to be freshmen all americans. Just a warm body to get in the way might have helped. We keep saving for a rainey day. I think the CCG counts towards that number.

We now have nothing but freshmen to man the trenches or a possible JC transfer if we can dig one up.

Now the freshmen we are depending on have zero experience. Personally I would rather have a wet behind the ears player that has seen the field than what we are going to be prancing out there. Now if they just are not as good as needs be that is a difference maker, but most are placing a 12 win season on these kids now. Easy schedule you know. Some playing time might have helped that next year, you just never know. But I must say Bo has done everything so perfectly it is hard go question, yea right.

I can see the logic on not throwing them in at the CCG. Sure they would have gotten 1 game's worth of experience but who know what the outcome would have been, and they would have been able to play in the bowl game. So 2 games

never been one that wanted freshmen to play unless they earned the playing time.

I can see the logic on not throwing them in at the CCG. Sure they would have gotten 1 game's worth of experience but who know what the outcome would have been, and they would have been able to play in the bowl game. So 2 games

never been one that wanted freshmen to play unless they earned the playing time.

Exactly. VV was stated to be a starter at the beginning of the season, but an injury set that back, and they figured to RS him, let him heal 100% and let Curry do what VV could have done. Unfortunately Curry substained an injury during the season as well, but he will have a Medical Hardship in his pocket if he wanted to stay that 5th year. Same with Moss.

1-2 games experience isn't going to make a difference, and it would have been costly for us, but even more for Valentine, if we would have burned his RS early on and he would have re-injured himself, making a career or season ending, where he couldn't apply for a Medical Hardship.

Exactly. VV was stated to be a starter at the beginning of the season, but an injury set that back, and they figured to RS him, let him heal 100% and let Curry do what VV could have done. Unfortunately Curry substained an injury during the season as well, but he will have a Medical Hardship in his pocket if he wanted to stay that 5th year. Same with Moss.

1-2 games experience isn't going to make a difference, and it would have been costly for us, but even more for Valentine, if we would have burned his RS early on and he would have re-injured himself, making a career or season ending, where he couldn't apply for a Medical Hardship.

Talk about bad luck....we needed one of those guys to get some solid PT.

And what if he had stepped up like Freshmen all accross the country. The sky can not always be falling. We needed help this year, you use what you have to do the job.

Would I prefer them rippen on the tree, sure, but as bad as we are this year on the DL, any semblance of help would have gone a long ways I think.

Or you can recruit like Stoops, if they are a project, he does not want them, same as Saben, although most turn into projects, but have the ability to play according to him. Building a war chest has not paid well over the last ten years. Maybe it is time to get the youth and the supposed talent out there. We need help I think, and we are going to need it again next year, as lite as we are with depth now.