Todd Peat No Longer with Team

QMany

We have been expecting Todd Peat to fit into the rotation ever since he finished his redshirt freshman year, but it never happened because there was a health issue or something. So to say that he would have been expected to fit into the rotation next year, is no different when folks said he was gonna fit into rotation this year and last year.

Seemed like the writing was on the wall when he didn't make the roster after summer practice, injury or not

Bigger picture I wonder if other schools have had this many "highly recruited" guys transfer in the last few years? Or does it just seem worse because we follow the huskers

I'd say they do, but ours are magnified (in our minds) because we have fewer of those nationally recognized "highly recruited" guys to begin with.......

Seemed like the writing was on the wall when he didn't make the roster after summer practice, injury or not

Bigger picture I wonder if other schools have had this many "highly recruited" guys transfer in the last few years? Or does it just seem worse because we follow the huskers

Welcome to the board. :thumbs

And our paper thin Dline depth just got worse

I dont know how it can be worse when we lose a guy who never played a down on the field and was riddled with injuries. I hope Todd the best in the future, but he was a guy who was taking up a scholarship on the roster.

This, this, this, and THIS.

here come the "we didnt need him anyway" people

Did/do we really? Us possibly moving to a 3-4 defense could be a bigger reason he left. This rumor of the 3-4 comes even closer to being true, because that is why JUCO Gregory Davis committed with us. We have enough DTs/DEs for a 3-4. Almost too much actually. Valentine, Randle, Rome, Ankrah, Curry, McMullen, Moss and Williams. Did we really need Peat? Someone who didn't even give anyone any hope during practice that he would be good? All we have is his high school tapes, because he has been a sitting duck since then. Its not his fault, and I wish him the best and hope he has at least one year of his collegiate career to play. He was just a sitting duck on a scholarship that someone else could have. I said a couple months back that Peat Jr was possibly leaving the team.

I like your optimism but i think it maybe a little more difficult than that, i'm not sure if any of those guys have ever played in a 3-4 defense, plus besides gregory i dont know who would play OLB and please dont say Brown the dude is 210 pounds he'd need to beef up

here come the "we didnt need him anyway" people

Did/do we really? Us possibly moving to a 3-4 defense could be a bigger reason he left. This rumor of the 3-4 comes even closer to being true, because that is why JUCO Gregory Davis committed with us. We have enough DTs/DEs for a 3-4. Almost too much actually. Valentine, Randle, Rome, Ankrah, Curry, McMullen, Moss and Williams. Did we really need Peat? Someone who didn't even give anyone any hope during practice that he would be good? All we have is his high school tapes, because he has been a sitting duck since then. Its not his fault, and I wish him the best and hope he has at least one year of his collegiate career to play. He was just a sitting duck on a scholarship that someone else could have. I said a couple months back that Peat Jr was possibly leaving the team.

I like your optimism but i think it maybe a little more difficult than that, i'm not sure if any of those guys have ever played in a 3-4 defense, plus besides gregory i dont know who would play OLB and please dont say Brown the dude is 210 pounds he'd need to beef up

Michael Rose?

I know he has been banged up, but anyone know what "other things" is?

If I had to guess: work ethic, overweight, overrated. Not necessarily in that order.

I've heard this several times, but whenever I've crossed paths with Mr. Peat he never struck me as being fat. Not even close to the size of some D Tackles I've seen. In fact, last week when I saw him, I thought he looked undersized for the position.

Not sure where this "overweight" rumor came from, but I'm not buying it.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Bo Pelini confirmed to me on Friday that DT Todd Peat is no longer with the program and has been released from his scholarship. #huskers

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Injuries and several other things held Peat back from being the player most expected him to be. I'll be curious where he ends up.

Just curious, but was this a mutual release or did Pellini cut him and pull his scholarship. I'm asking because if it was based on injuries he could stay in school on a medical scholarship and that won't count against the numbers.