Todd Peat No Longer with Team

QMany

I don't mean to be negative, but is it safe to say that we got absolutely no recruiting boost from all the Suh hype? If anything it looks like we took a dip at DT. I think we were all expecting his Heisman caliber year to lead into some big time recruits. As it turns out, it doesn't look like any DT recruits from the following years made any kind of on field contribution. Let me know if I am missing someone though.

A profound observation.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Bo Pelini confirmed to me on Friday that DT Todd Peat is no longer with the program and has been released from his scholarship. #huskers

Injuries and several other things held Peat back from being the player most expected him to be. I'll be curious where he ends up.

Just curious, but was this a mutual release or did Pellini cut him and pull his scholarship. I'm asking because if it was based on injuries he could stay in school on a medical scholarship and that won't count against the numbers.

Most likely mutual release. Pelini is very loyal and doesn't pull scholarships. We had a senior (Antonio Bell) quit earlier this year and Pelini let him keep his scholarship to finish out his education.

Bo Pelini confirmed to me on Friday that DT Todd Peat is no longer with the program and has been released from his scholarship. #huskers

Injuries and several other things held Peat back from being the player most expected him to be. I'll be curious where he ends up.

Just curious, but was this a mutual release or did Pellini cut him and pull his scholarship. I'm asking because if it was based on injuries he could stay in school on a medical scholarship and that won't count against the numbers.

Most likely mutual release. Pelini is very loyal and doesn't pull scholarships. We had a senior (Antonio Bell) quit earlier this year and Pelini let him keep his scholarship to finish out his education.

Maybe you should read Facebook. Peat left because Pelini is a jerk and treats his players like sh#t :lol:

Maybe you should read Facebook. Peat left because Pelini is a jerk and treats his players like sh#t :lol:

You on the Faceplace G? :D

You on the Faceplace G? :D

Unfortunately I am. Corn Nation made a post about Peat leaving and I was getting a good laugh at the comments over lunch.

Lot of players leaving this year.

Anyone know how many scholarships we have on the team as of right now?

Sports Nightly said something about 26-27 available towards the end of November. This is why I had a huge hunch Peat was one of the kids who was leaving. Not too big of a deal. One more scholarship that a walk on can achieve if they can compete at the higher level.

Sports Nightly said something about 26-27 available towards the end of November. This is why I had a huge hunch Peat was one of the kids who was leaving. Not too big of a deal. One more scholarship that a walk on can achieve if they can compete at the higher level.

Or one more scholoarship that can be used on a incoming defensive lineman recruit.... Like Kaz said, we need bodies....

Or one more scholoarship that can be used on a incoming defensive lineman recruit.... Like Kaz said, we need bodies....

We have over 10 open scholarships I believe. I know we never fill them for walk on reasons, but I think next year will be a better year for Kaz with recruiting. Especially if we can produce at least an above par defensive line next year, which is possible.