Nebraska Fan talking to Bama Fan

C N Red

Lmfao, thats pretty funny!!!

"On second thought, I hope Notre Dame kicks the living f*ck out of these morons"

I hate Notre Dame, and I still can't get myself to root for them. If you ask a 'Bama fan now, they will already tell you that their franchise is better than the Husker 90's. We know better than that :)

(then again, we are Husker fans lol)

• Fire 1

I would say Alabamas run is a dynasty but not quite as good as Nebraskas run in the 90s. One of the most overlooked dynasties in college football in my opinion is Florida State in the 90s. I think people forgot how good they were for that 10 year stretch because they were in the shadows of Nebraska. I'm not exactly sure on this but I thought I remember reading that they never finished outside the AP top 3 from 1990 or 91 to 2000. Nebraska was the team of the 90s but I bet if you do some research that Florida State could possibly claim themselves as the team of the 90s as hard as that is to believe....atleast for arguments sake they could

I would say Alabamas run is a dynasty but not quite as good as Nebraskas run in the 90s. One of the most overlooked dynasties in college football in my opinion is Florida State in the 90s. I think people forgot how good they were for that 10 year stretch because they were in the shadows of Nebraska. I'm not exactly sure on this but I thought I remember reading that they never finished outside the AP top 3 from 1990 or 91 to 2000. Nebraska was the team of the 90s but I bet if you do some research that Florida State could possibly claim themselves as the team of the 90s as hard as that is to believe....atleast for arguments sake they could

This was on ESPN the other day.

This was on ESPN the other day.

I would consider them to have something of a dynasty in the 90's, but I definitely wouldn't use them as a litmus test for what a dynasty "is" like the author implied. FSU was consistently good, they just weren't THE dynasty of the 90's.

If Florida State's unprecedented performance in the 1990s isn't considered a modern-day college football dynasty, then what program can possibly be remembered as one?

Thought it was funny how he's a bit choosy with the facts he presents. In the paragraph before he says they didn't win back to back titles like Nebraska did in '94, '95 but neglects that they didn't even win 3 titles in the decade within question like Nebraska did.

Florida State didn't win as many national championships (two) in the 1990s as Miami did in the 1980s (three), but no program played as well for as long as the Seminoles did in the '90s.

Sure the 3 NCs in 4 years is something to puff your chest out at (a great feat no matter what). You really don't enter the picture until you're playing for a NC in 4 out of 5 years and go 60-3 in those 5 years.

The one thing Bama' has on it's side is the fact that their conference has won the NC the past several years. They've faced greater conference competition than we did back then. The other thing is that they will have won three outright NC in four years rather than two outright and one tie in four years if they win January 7th. It's all subjective, but they do have a legitimate argument especially if one believes the parity argument that's been floating around the past decade.

After watching the bowl games thus far, I'd say Bama' faces a much tougher challenge than most previously thought. The SEC while winning a majority of their bowls have looked extremely vulnerable. While I don't want to take anything away from Clemson, LSU completely laid an egg.