Taylor Martinez comment

UGA_X

Wow, he just shouldn't have said that. If there was any question that the UGA players weren't fired up for this game, that's now gone.

What did he say that will get them fired up? That Georgia's D is good because it is comparable to the rest of the stout defense's in the B1G?... Ouch, what an insult.

You know for all the Husker fans on here questioning whether Georgia is smack talking them or not...2 things.

First, you guys are doing a pretty good job of smack talking on their program as well, I haven't seen any Georgia trash talking whatsoever, and Georgia won a BCS Bowl game in 2008, Nebraska hasn't been to one in over a decade. And if we are this great program why haven't they destroyed us in ticket sales, we're the best fans in college football right, win or lose we travel to games, yet we've only sold about 4,000 and Georgia has sold about 10,000? Interesting....

I'm sure going to the same game again has something to do with this. Also when your defense gives up 70 points in the previous game would you be uber excited about it either?

Point is a lot of people expect the same results as the BIG championship game and I personally am confident that it will be a well fought close game. This team is going to come out with the something to prove mentality and play with a purpose. Sorry if I won't be one of the few that just lays down and crowns them the winner before the game starts.

I'm all for having a little fun and a good discussion with the Bulldog fans but don't be surprised if I don't exactly see eye to eye with their point of view.

Wow, he just shouldn't have said that. If there was any question that the UGA players weren't fired up for this game, that's now gone.

What did he say that will get them fired up? That Georgia's D is good because it is comparable to the rest of the stout defense's in the B1G?... Ouch, what an insult.

He called them a "typical Big1G defense." Statistically, that might be accurate, they'd be 5th in Total Defense in the Big1G. However, if there was any team that responded to "words" well this season, it was UGA. Sheldon Richardson from mizzou called them out and said they play "old man football." Jarvis Jones then proceeded to eat their lunch that game. Then their safety, Shawn Williams, called the whole defense out as, "playing soft," and they had their best defensive game against Florida. This is a team with a ton of talent, that has had motivation problems for part of the season. They just lost their best shot at a MNC in 32 years, they have a bunch of players going pro and it's not even a BCS game, so their projected effort was questionable. The word, "typical" is rarely if ever used as a compliment. So why give these guys any bulletin board material to get them fired up?

He called them a "typical Big1G defense." Statistically, that might be accurate, they'd be 5th in Total Defense in the Big1G. However, if there was any team that responded to "words" well this season, it was UGA. Sheldon Richardson from mizzou called them out and said they play "old man football." Jarvis Jones then proceeded to eat their lunch that game. Then their safety, Shawn Williams, called the whole defense out as, "playing soft," and they had their best defensive game against Florida. This is a team with a ton of talent, that has had motivation problems for part of the season. They just lost their best shot at a MNC in 32 years, they have a bunch of players going pro and it's not even a BCS game, so their projected effort was questionable. The word, "typical" is rarely if ever used as a compliment. So why give these guys any bulletin board material to get them fired up?

Bulletin board material is way over rated. Emotions might last for a series or 2 and then it comes down to the Jimmies and Joes. Nothing more, nothing less.

And if those comments get them "fired up", they need to learn to get some thicker skin................

And for the record, Michigan State's D is #5 overall and UGA's is 27th. IIRC, it was in ref to MSU D. Seems like a compliment, but I guess that went over their heads...............

Bulletin board material is way over rated. Emotions might last for a series or 2 and then it comes down to the Jimmies and Joes. Nothing more, nothing less.

And if those comments get them "fired up", they need to learn to get some thicker skin................

And for the record, Michigan State's D is #5 overall and UGA's is 27th. IIRC, it was in ref to MSU D. Seems like a compliment, but I guess that went over their heads...............

:lol: Does that surprise you?

You know for all the Husker fans on here questioning whether Georgia is smack talking them or not...2 things.

First, you guys are doing a pretty good job of smack talking on their program as well, I haven't seen any Georgia trash talking whatsoever, and Georgia won a BCS Bowl game in 2008, Nebraska hasn't been to one in over a decade. And if we are this great program why haven't they destroyed us in ticket sales, we're the best fans in college football right, win or lose we travel to games, yet we've only sold about 4,000 and Georgia has sold about 10,000? Interesting....

I'm sure going to the same game again has something to do with this. Also when your defense gives up 70 points in the previous game would you be uber excited about it either?

Point is a lot of people expect the same results as the BIG championship game and I personally am confident that it will be a well fought close game. This team is going to come out with the something to prove mentality and play with a purpose. Sorry if I won't be one of the few that just lays down and crowns them the winner before the game starts.

I'm all for having a little fun and a good discussion with the Bulldog fans but don't be surprised if I don't exactly see eye to eye with their point of view.

And then add in the fact that Nebraska is in the Midwest and Georgia is the state next to Florida, where the bowl game is.... If anything, I'm sure that has the most to do with ticket sale discrepancies.

And then add in the fact that Nebraska is in the Midwest and Georgia is the state next to Florida, where the bowl game is.... If anything, I'm sure that has the most to do with ticket sale discrepancies.

Or the fact the even "away" games for UGA are an easy drive away save for Mizzou this year. NU has proven that they travel and travel well, but I would guess the distance, 2nd year to the same bowl, traveling to the B1G CC game and the pending fiscal cliff might also have something to do with it as well.

I still hope that the team is not as scared of UGA as some fans on this board......................

Wait a minute.... now it's coming back to me.... this Martinez quarterback fellow...

He's the criminal kid with the tattoos.... right? Runs real good, supposedly?

Trying to understand what you mean by "criminal" kid.... can you explain, or is this just based on the fact that he has tattoos? If this is the case, then I am assuming that you consider about 80% of ALL college or pro football and basketball players are criminals..... the more you talk, the more I can tell that you know absolutely nothing about Nebraska, and you are just here to spout bullsh!t..

I respect Georgia and have always (and will) be a Mark Richt fan. I bleed Husker Red, but honestly think that Georgia has the talent to make this game ugly....

Do us a favor, and at least know a little bit of football before talking trash. I love the stereo-typically "nebraska insults" that also fly from posters..... I can't believe that the State of Nebraska gets to host the CWS, NCAA volleyball (numerous times), NCAA wrestling, Olympic Swim trials (more than once), on and on and on..... this place sucks. Nothing here.... but we do have dentists.

Wait a minute.... now it's coming back to me.... this Martinez quarterback fellow...

Trying to understand what you mean by "criminal" kid.... can you explain, or is this just based on the fact that he has tattoos? If this is the case, then I am assuming that you consider about 80% of ALL college or pro football and basketball players are criminals..... the more you talk, the more I can tell that you know absolutely nothing about Nebraska, and you are just here to spout bullsh!t..

I respect Georgia and have always (and will) be a Mark Richt fan. I bleed Husker Red, but honestly think that Georgia has the talent to make this game ugly....

Do us a favor, and at least know a little bit of football before talking trash. I love the stereo-typically "nebraska insults" that also fly from posters..... I can't believe that the State of Nebraska gets to host the CWS, NCAA volleyball (numerous times), NCAA wrestling, Olympic Swim trials (more than once), on and on and on..... this place sucks. Nothing here.... but we do have dentists.

and I believe it is still illegal to have your sister be the mother of your children

I want to make sure that I make myself clear !! In my previous post, I made a derogatory comment at the end.... this was only in jest, directed at the Georgia fans who have come onto the board and tried to "insult" Nebraska players and fan base. We can play the insult game all day if you would like to take it THAT direction......

BUT, to the Georgia fans who have actually come onto the board to talk football and are NOT going above and beyond the normal school spirit, trash talk....please understand that comment was not directed at you. I think that most of the Neb fans on the board have done a nice job of trying to stay civil and even calling out other board members whenever some think they have crossed a line.

Take this discussion which ever direction you want...... real football talk, good natured pride and trash talk , or idiotic-stereo typical uneducated trash talk..... game for any of the above...but would prefer the first two

I want to make sure that I make myself clear !! In my previous post, I made a derogatory comment at the end.... this was only in jest, directed at the Georgia fans who have come onto the board and tried to "insult" Nebraska players and fan base. We can play the insult game all day if you would like to take it THAT direction......

BUT, to the Georgia fans who have actually come onto the board to talk football and are NOT going above and beyond the normal school spirit, trash talk....please understand that comment was not directed at you. I think that most of the Neb fans on the board have done a nice job of trying to stay civil and even calling out other board members whenever some think they have crossed a line.

Take this discussion which ever direction you want...... real football talk, good natured pride and trash talk , or idiotic-stereo typical uneducated trash talk..... game for any of the above...but would prefer the first two

I'm glad you retracted that, HANC. Because your comment about the dentists was awful harsh towards the UGA fans. It probably made them cry on their mother/sister's shoulder.

Not to mention it's a tattoo honoring his step mother, who is more of a mother to him than his biological one. At least it has some real meaning behind it, unlike 99% of the tats on other kids these days. Maybe before you attempt to troll next time you could do this thing called a google search and use the actual tattoo not Jerel Worthy's.

3) We know that your day will come when the NCAA finally drops the hammer. A coach that "doesn't like oversigning" but is looking to sign 36(?) guys screams liar to me.

How many kids have you had kicked off the team in the past 5 years? Lift your droopy bulldog eyes and see if you can count them on one hand.

Early enrollees can count toward last year or next year's cap. UGA doesn't grayshirt kids like Bama. It's not oversigning when every eligible kid gets his scholarship. There's a difference between what Richt does and what Saban does. Saban gets more commits than he has room for, and cuts them on signing day or even after. You can take that Richt Oversigning sh#t and get the hell on.

On the subject of dismissing kids from the team, do you think it's interesting that UGA recruits the same kids that Bama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, etc etc all recruit? The fact UGA dismisses them left and right is a sign that we actually enforce rules and expectations set forth by our program.

Spurrier didn't dismiss Garcia until his 8th DUI/bar fight.

Richt dismissed Mettenberger on strike 1, bar fight.

LSU wasted no time picking him up.

Auburn wasted no time picking up Cam after he was dismissed from Florida for grand larceny.

If you want to talk about trashy SEC teams, leave UGA out of it.