What did we learn

That this will be the norm as long as Pelini is head coach. 10 wins/year, terrible post-seasons. Never being able to take it to the next level.

I do not agree. We have a lot of young coaches... We will be better in time. AA's timely fumble as well as other things out of the coach's control occured. It was a frustrating game that Nebraska should have won. We had them wore out and driving and we fumble... Do you make this same post if we had not fumbled and won?

If we hadn't fumbled we'd have won? You're deluding yourself! We were gassed! Georgia had complete control from the end of the 3rd quarter on.

I think you have it backwards, before that Abdullah fumble we had the Georgia defense completely on their heels gashing big runs one after another. That fumble killed our momentum, but the most important thing to take away from that play is when Sirles got hurt and Andrew Rodriguez had to come in to play right tackle the next drive. He was beat every play he was out there (which was only for about 3 plays) which single handedly killed our next possession after our defense forced a 3 and out.

A few things I took away from this game:

1) Burkhead will be missed. I know we have 3 guys behind him right now who look really good, and besides the fumble Abdullah had a very solid game, and Heard may have only had one carry for 5 yards, but it was a tough run where he laid his helmet right into the defender for a first down. That said Burkhead is a very special player as we all know, and it's a shame we weren't able to get him a bowl win for his last game as a Husker. I wish him the best in his NFL career (please draft him San Diego!)

2) Our receivers had their worst game of the year. Started with Enunwa's drop on the 1st possession and on the second interception when Martinez launched it downfield, our receivers (I believe it was either Turner or Bell) have to become defenders on that play. Instead of running up to tackle Swann or at least make an attempt to knock the ball loose anything to stop the interception. They waited back and just let Swann have at it. Our receivers have been great all year, they struggled this game.

3) Georgia's receivers were unreal! This may be why I feel our receivers did so poorly is because of how the Georgia receivers played. Able to get separation and make great catches all game long.

4) I won't comment too much on the defense because I'm sure there will be plenty of new threads made about it. Same old same old, we looked slow out there, and couldn't contain Murray who would scramble out of the pocket which allowed him to launch it downfield for big plays. Missed a lot of sack opportunities today.

Overall let's face it most of us here thought the Huskers would get steamrolled today. And they didn't we hung in there for the most part, and just had a bad 4th quarter. Some may not agree but I thought this was a very good season, and we are closer to being back than people think. We didn't have a Lavonte David, Amukamara, Suh, Hagg, or Dennard on our defense this year. This is Bo's first real senior class, and let's face it since his first year he's recruited much better. Our offense is explosive and has potential to be even better next year with all the playmakers we have coming back. This team was gritty, and never gave up, and I look forward to another season of Husker football next year. Go Big Red!

Simply being in a bowl game isn't enough. Anybody with a record better than 50/50 gets into a bowl games these days.

And 10 wins aren't that impressive when you look at who we beat. Two teams weren't even in our division. Iowa? Minnesota? Didn't Iowa lose to a junior college or something this year?

I'm not really all that impressed. Sure, we played Georgia well for a half, and nobody expected us to do even that. But at the end of the day, it is still another loss and another bowl game didn't win.

I hope the recruiting improves. Perhaps a few coordinator changes. This programs future includes, "not much."

For all the sunshine pumpers, here's a tweet from Kevin Kugler that should clarify things: "Nebraska's 4 losses this year...opponents scored 53.5 ppg, and averaged 595 yards of total offense."

While the offense averaged 32.5 points a game in our losses. It's totally on Bo and his defenisve coaches. The only thing that needs to change on offense is the Barney needs to go, but that gets said after every year....hopefully this will be the year it acually happnes.

This is the worst defense in school history. Say what you will about that 2007 team, but they played a MUCH tougher schedule than this team did. Next year's schedule is so easy, that if Bo still finds a way to lose 4 games, then idk how even the strongest sunshine pumper can defend him anymore. We have a defensive coach and a horriable defense, that is pretty daming. Bo NEEDS to break that glass celing of 10-4 next year or he deservidly will be gone.

Never seen a Nebraska quarterback literally assaulted on the field for the last five minutes of a game and not one of our players stood up for him. Not one!!! As much as I am disappointed in the UCLA, OHIO ST. , and BTC game, I am more disappointed in the lack of passion by this team. If you would have assaulted a Nebraska QB like ha back in he day, somebody would have gladly got their ass ejected while beating th puss out of that mother f u c k e r .

Uh-oh..... Use the "_______".... :wasted

Thanks Rollin Rock. I knew you would have my back. By the way, I can't wait to see you at the next Huskerboard tailgate, Gonna be awesome to have you there.

When do these happeN?

I think they having an annual Huskerboard tailgate now. At least that's what I'm in favor of. I'm sure the discussion of when will be frequent here on the board over the off season. Especially considering Knapplc and PaulCrewe literally threw it all together in no time. I'm sure the next one be even better. You should be at the next one. I'll be there again. I was at the last one. It was a blast.

1. That Burkhead is a beast. Taylor not so much.

2. That we need a pipeline like we used to have. We need to focus on recruiting both "O" and "D" lines.

3. That our secondary is good.

4. That our receivers are good.

5. That we probably won't legitimately contend for the MNC next year.

6. That we need to start thinking about the next Nebraska quarterback and getting enough snaps for the backup to make a difference.

7. That our team discipline was better but still needs work.

8. That the Jimmies and Johnies matter more than the X's and O's(all things being equal)

9. That we need to focus on practice, practice and more practice.

10. That until we win up front consistently, we will not contend for national championships or BCS bowl victories.

11. That I still root for and love the big red. I am going to deck out my office with Husker gear in San Antonio.

I can't even know how you think that after watching today's game. Honestly.

It was not just based on today. I give our secondary a C+ today. They were up against an NFL quarterback and had to cover receivers for extra seconds because of the terrible D-Line play. The front 7 own the passing game when they can't get enough pressure up front even with blitzes. That is my opinion. Thanks for yours...

The Husker played well today. Yeah there were mistakes, yeah our defense is the worst it's been since the Billy era, but you have to give these kids credit. They hung with a team that was just seconds from playing in the national title game. This game even though we lost showed us that there may be light at the end of this tunnel. Next year we have a serious shot at the Rose Bowl provided we do some serious development over the off season. I think 2013 could be a very good year for the Huskers. 2014 though will turn out to be a nightmare that will make Bill's worst year look like a dream season. Mainly because Bo hasn't developed any tallent over the last couple years that can step up once next seasons seniors are done.

Seeing this game really gives me hope for breaking 10 wins next season.

I think it's clear that the coaching is good, but we need better recruiting.

Pollack and Palmer were right all day long - Nebraska hung in there with slower, smaller and less talented players. Yes, there are a few playmakers on this team, but Georgia simply had more talent.

Pollack and Palmer were right all day long - Nebraska hung in there with slower, smaller and less talented players. Yes, there are a few playmakers on this team, but Georgia simply had more talent.

Recruiting is a huge part of coaching, so although I see what you are saying, you can't say that they are good coaches with the poor recruting that they are accompishing.

• Fire 1

Abdullah ... sorry, not a baller.

How do you justify that with a response....

There is no way to justify that. Over reactive fan, I'm sure we will see a lot of it.

It's a good thing "The Snork" decided to log on, and give us his very astute assessment of Abdullah... Makes the board a better place...

Thanks, And to think there's people who've said you were incapable of learning anything.

• Fire 1

Recruiting is a huge part of coaching, so although I see what you are saying, you can't say that they are good coaches with the poor recruting that they are accompishing.

Agreed. Should have been more specific.

1. We went toe to toe with one of the premiere teams in the country for a good three quarters

2. It was refreshing to see Bo put some other kids in. It makes one hopeful for next year. We have some tough kids coming up.

3. Rex will be missed but hopefully we'll see him on Sundays!

4. I'm dang proud of our boys!

A big 'thank you' to our seniors! We hope to see many of you on Sundays-especially, you Superman! You made the game fun to watch!

• Fire 1