SIGNED DT Kevin Maurice

Amac3309

Nate Clouse

#Nebraska commit DT Kevin Maurice makes Florida 1st Team 8A All State Team. #Huskers

http://www.cbs12.com...cbs12.com.shtml

JoJo Kemp made First-Team, too.

This is probably the most important ranking of all. In the highest class in florida he was good enough to be voted first team by people that saw him play!!!

Crazy how this always seems to happen when we recruit guys that the uninformed call reaches....bam a few days later the kid is named all state in the highest class in Florida. But hey, hes just a 2 star. Now watch Miami or Florida offer and steal him.

If this doesnt prove the coaches know talent and can turn over all the rocks to find the gems, i dont know what does. Well see in 3 years how he ends up doing.

Nate Clouse

#Nebraska commit DT Kevin Maurice makes Florida 1st Team 8A All State Team. #Huskers

http://www.cbs12.com...cbs12.com.shtml

JoJo Kemp made First-Team, too.

This is probably the most important ranking of all. In the highest class in florida he was good enough to be voted first team by people that saw him play!!!

Crazy how this always seems to happen when we recruit guys that the uninformed call reaches....bam a few days later the kid is named all state in the highest class in Florida. But hey, hes just a 2 star. Now watch Miami or Florida offer and steal him.

If this doesnt prove the coaches know talent and can turn over all the rocks to find the gems, i dont know what does. Well see in 3 years how he ends up doing.

Just an FYI, this kid popped up on HuskerBoard on January 3, at around 4:24 in the afternoon. So, this kid is pretty new to everyone on this board. If I understand correctly, post #13, even you state in a post (that I agree with and +1 your rating) ... that "Other more recent reaches include Avery Moss" ... to which you imply that this kid is a reach.

So now, I'm "bumping" your post for the kudos of getting a kid that two days ago ... none of us knew about ... and that also includes you if I understand correctly. It would really suck if he does get stolen from us by a Florida school. Hopefully he is impressed with what our staff sees in him and we can snatch a gem here.

This message is for the folks who are having a fit over star rankings and position rankings. No matter what position a recruit is ranked at, there is no guarantee they will succeed at the college level. Why? At the high school level if you are faster and more athletic than the players around you you can dominate without have any grasp of the offense that your team is running or no understanding of the defensive scheme your team is running. Thus, such a player can be rated a 4-star or 5-star but may lack the mental aspect of the game. There are recruits that fit into that description every single year. Some high school coaches will warn colleges about it and some will not (want to market their recruit numbers....like

some programs in Alabama).

Some players play well at a position and then move to a different position and play at a much higher level. Often times that recruit will go unnoticed among the college recruiters, but not the coaches. Why? The coaches will vote that player to an All-State team and the local media folks will vote them to the same team as well (with some variances).

Some recruits are not flashy but are solid football players and exceed at the next level. Some recruits are flashy but never see the field at the next level.

Some recruits DO fly under the radar. That is the reality of college football recruiting. When there are over 3,000 high school football players singing LOIs on February 6th, there will be some recruits who only had one offer that will end up a starter in the NFL. There will be recruits we watched at the All American games that never see the field.

In the state I live in, out of the top five recruits the state has produced over the last 10 years only one of them became a regular starter at the college level. Over the last 25 years the most successful player from our state that went onto the NFL was a guy that the head coach refused to take a look at even after every local high school coach told him to take a look at the player as he was legit. So this high school kid show sup at the campus and kept asking for a chance to show his speed to the college coach. Eventually the college coach gave in....many, many years later he started in the NFL as a safety for many seasons. Guess what happened to the last 5-star recruit my state produced? Didn't start until his 5th year in the program.

We all know recruiting is not an exact science. Not every recruit that is a legit player is going to have offers from all of the major local schools. Some times players fly under the radar and that is the reality of life. We found a player that flew under the radar and recruited him hard after the coaches evaluated the senior film. The success of such a recruit is up to the recruited player....continued development and work ethic.

Most people assume that Wisconsin is a big running team because they have such great offensive lineman and running backs. That is actually false. The real reason is the QB and WR recruiting has been so bad for a few seasons now.......you may have heard of "recruiting" graduated players from other programs to be the QB.

• Fire 2

Wisconsin has focused on a powerful running game since the alvarez years, even when they had Russell Wilson, toon and abbredaris last year. Hardly a deficiency of passing and receiving talent in that group. I agree though that they've largely struggled with quarterback recruiting in recent years, I just don't think that is the reason they focus on a ground game. In fact, it's more likely that their focus on the ground game has led to their struggle to recruit good quarterbacks.

This message is for the folks who are having a fit over star rankings and position rankings. No matter what position a recruit is ranked at, there is no guarantee they will succeed at the college level. Why? At the high school level if you are faster and more athletic than the players around you you can dominate without have any grasp of the offense that your team is running or no understanding of the defensive scheme your team is running. Thus, such a player can be rated a 4-star or 5-star but may lack the mental aspect of the game. There are recruits that fit into that description every single year. Some high school coaches will warn colleges about it and some will not (want to market their recruit numbers....like

some programs in Alabama).

Some players play well at a position and then move to a different position and play at a much higher level. Often times that recruit will go unnoticed among the college recruiters, but not the coaches. Why? The coaches will vote that player to an All-State team and the local media folks will vote them to the same team as well (with some variances).

Some recruits are not flashy but are solid football players and exceed at the next level. Some recruits are flashy but never see the field at the next level.

Some recruits DO fly under the radar. That is the reality of college football recruiting. When there are over 3,000 high school football players singing LOIs on February 6th, there will be some recruits who only had one offer that will end up a starter in the NFL. There will be recruits we watched at the All American games that never see the field.

In the state I live in, out of the top five recruits the state has produced over the last 10 years only one of them became a regular starter at the college level. Over the last 25 years the most successful player from our state that went onto the NFL was a guy that the head coach refused to take a look at even after every local high school coach told him to take a look at the player as he was legit. So this high school kid show sup at the campus and kept asking for a chance to show his speed to the college coach. Eventually the college coach gave in....many, many years later he started in the NFL as a safety for many seasons. Guess what happened to the last 5-star recruit my state produced? Didn't start until his 5th year in the program.

We all know recruiting is not an exact science. Not every recruit that is a legit player is going to have offers from all of the major local schools. Some times players fly under the radar and that is the reality of life. We found a player that flew under the radar and recruited him hard after the coaches evaluated the senior film. The success of such a recruit is up to the recruited player....continued development and work ethic.

Most people assume that Wisconsin is a big running team because they have such great offensive lineman and running backs. That is actually false. The real reason is the QB and WR recruiting has been so bad for a few seasons now.......you may have heard of "recruiting" graduated players from other programs to be the QB.

+1 good post