SIGNED DT Kevin Maurice

Amac3309

"[Papuchis] said he doesn't know how I slipped through the cracks," Maurice said. "They felt like they found a diamond in the rough with me. They think I'll fit in their system. They're not looking for big guys that'll fill holes, they need someone who has juice."

http://www.orlandose...,0,2453974.post

For someone more hip than me what does "someone who has juice" mean?

Actually Kevin's family owns an orange grove. The athletic department will save a ton of money by not having to buy oj for the players. His scholarship was predicated on the fact that he bring the juice.

Good one!! I hope the juice is worth the squeeze. :)

In 2 or 3 years, we're still thin at D-line and only 2 out of 8 D-linemen recruited in this class and nexts are playing, and this guy isn't one of them, there is going to be a sh*t storm.

First Team 8A at DT in the state of Florida is nothing to sneeze at. That is one of the highest levels of competition in the country for high school football.

In 2 or 3 years, we're still thin at D-line and only 2 out of 8 D-linemen recruited in this class and nexts are playing, and this guy isn't one of them, there is going to be a sh*t storm.

First Team 8A at DT in the state of Florida is nothing to sneeze at. That is one of the highest levels of competition in the country for high school football.

Usually UF, FSU, and Miami are all over those guys among other SEC schools.

Usually UF, FSU, and Miami are all over those guys among other SEC schools.

He likely flew under their radar. It happens. This was his first year playing DT. Do not be surprised if some offers coming flying in after being named to that first team.

Now that we know he made the first team watch the recruiting services reevaluate his star ranking. So, who wants to predict the new ranking? I am going to say 4-star and a top 50 for his position.

Wasn't Thad Randle all state in 5A Texas ball? He remained a 3 star. I would imagine he ends up 5.6 3 star. I could see Maurice even playing some Interior OL thanks to his first step and pad level.

Ben Bradley was a 5.5 the lowest 3 star u can be. He had offers from west Virginia, NC state, and UCF. But we are dying to get him on board. Give this kid a chance. He spent most his high school career at o line and has a lot of potential as a d tackle.

True, he really didnt play DT until his senior year. Word is he is a hard worker and very coachable.

That's always a plus especially in the trenches.

I think time in the weight program and at the training table coupled with hard work will allow him to succeed at DL. Plus if it doesn't work out on the DL which I think it will if he works hard enough, he could always switch over to OG. He looked decent at guard and would be good in space. He kind of reminds me of Justin Jackson.

Now that we know he made the first team watch the recruiting services reevaluate his star ranking. So, who wants to predict the new ranking? I am going to say 4-star and a top 50 for his position.

thats way to big of a jump they have to move to many guys back to do that that and i doubt there are 50 4 star defensive tackles

thats way to big of a jump they have to move to many guys back to do that that and i doubt there are 50 4 star defensive tackles

Sorry...meant 3 star top 50 in his position...my bad

Jumping up to 3 stars might be enough, would need a 5.7 to move into the top 50 for DT. Or 86 rating on 247 to get in the top 50.