Scott Frost

i wouldnt mind sending some of our coaches over to oregon in the off season to see how they do thing maybe for a coaching clinic or something like that, i've heard however they practice is just insane some announcer was quoting a NFL executive and said he had never seen such a disciplined high tempo practice even for an NFL team couldnt hurt to see how one of the best prepare their players

i wouldnt mind sending some of our coaches over to oregon in the off season to see how they do thing maybe for a coaching clinic or something like that, i've heard however they practice is just insane some announcer was quoting a NFL executive and said he had never seen such a disciplined high tempo practice even for an NFL team couldnt hurt to see how one of the best prepare their players

Supposedly they dont have an actual conditioning session during practice. The team sessions are run at such tempo, that that is their workout. So, they get more conditioning AND more team sessioning by running practice that way.

No doubt. I think Kelly knows what he's doing as a coach and with practice.

Supposedly they dont have an actual conditioning session during practice. The team sessions are run at such tempo, that that is their workout. So, they get more conditioning AND more team sessioning by running practice that way.

This is somewhat true and untrue.

They do conditioning drills on occasion to wear out the players to prevent them from making mistakes late in the game, game on the line, situations in addition to some other conditioning - a lot of them doing conditioning on their own before, during and after spring practice. Really shows true freshman where there conditioning level needs to be.

They also get off about 120 plays in practice scrimmages and they also run 4 groups instead of 2. A lot going on.

I would guess the Dr. Tom/Frost rift stems from an incident involving Lawrence Phillips and a woman.

Plus the 19-0 loss to ASU.....and no it's not the loss, it's some behind the scenes stuff that lead to it. Scott was lucky to stay on the team after that one.

Yep. Spot on.

I would guess the Dr. Tom/Frost rift stems from an incident involving Lawrence Phillips and a woman.

Plus the 19-0 loss to ASU.....and no it's not the loss, it's some behind the scenes stuff that lead to it. Scott was lucky to stay on the team after that one.

Yep. Spot on.

What's the story there? If you don't want it on the board would someone please PM it to me?

Yep. Spot on.

What's the story there? If you don't want it on the board would someone please PM it to me?

Same here. All I remember is Scott bailing to 3 safeties.

Sounds like Oregon's OC would be in line to take over so he might see a promotion if that happens. Either way, there is no place for him on the staff full time here unless someone leaves and I would be willing to bet he does not want to make a lateral move so that would mean Beck is gone.

Not happening

That may be a good thing if Frost becomes the OC of Oregon. I could see Beck leaving in a few years if he continues to improve. That openning mixed with maybe Head Coach in waiting may be enough to lure him away from Oregon if he is still successful & a target for NU's future.

The other option I see is if Chris Peterson takes over at Oregon. He may bring in his own staff & leave Frost without a job. That may also get NU to move Cotton in the offices & open up a spot. Maybe a QB coach job & let Garrison take over the line completely.

These are both streches to happen to say the least.

Sounds like Oregon's OC would be in line to take over so he might see a promotion if that happens. Either way, there is no place for him on the staff full time here unless someone leaves and I would be willing to bet he does not want to make a lateral move so that would mean Beck is gone.

Not happening

That may be a good thing if Frost becomes the OC of Oregon. I could see Beck leaving in a few years if he continues to improve. That openning mixed with maybe Head Coach in waiting may be enough to lure him away from Oregon if he is still successful & a target for NU's future.

The other option I see is if Chris Peterson takes over at Oregon. He may bring in his own staff & leave Frost without a job. That may also get NU to move Cotton in the offices & open up a spot. Maybe a QB coach job & let Garrison take over the line completely.

These are both streches to happen to say the least.

The HC in waiting thing doesn't work if the current HC has no plans to retire.

Not anytime soon, but someday, we need to get Scott Frost back here as the Head Coach of NU.

His parents would love that.

They just took possession of his old house in Lincoln again. They had been renting it out for a couple of years.

Yup, they walk their dog in front my house all the time. Highlands.