Fullback Mike Marrow to the NFL?

ESPN's B1G blog has Husker Jr fullback Mike Marrow on their Big 10 Post-Bowl draft outlook list as the #5 rated fullback. Has he declared or is this just wishfull thinking by me. The guy is simply too big and slow to play fullback. He can't lead on pitch plays and he doesn't do much when leading plays between the tackles.

Honeslty Marrow should move to the other side of the ball and play defensive tackle.

ESPN's B1G blog has Husker Jr fullback Mike Marrow on their Big 10 Post-Bowl draft outlook list as the #5 rated fullback. Has he declared or is this just wishfull thinking by me. The guy is simply too big and slow to play fullback. He can't lead on pitch plays and he doesn't do much when leading plays between the tackles.

Honeslty Marrow should move to the other side of the ball and play defensive tackle.

He is not big enough to play DT.

He is not big enough to play DT.

I don't think Marrow putting on weight is the problem, in fact it's been deterimental to him playing fullback IMO.

morrow was hurt all year as well give the guy a fair chance he might just surprise us, but Janovich looked very good for a freshman walk on

From what I saw out of Marrow, I was unimpressed. He whiffed on blocks when leading Rex through the hole. And he didn't show a lot of power on the 3rd-and-short downs when we handed him the ball. Cross is a much more powerful back, and is faster as well. And Janovich and Zimmerer both appear to be better blockers that him.

I'm all for guys proving me wrong when I doubt them, but from what I saw out of him this year, it was nowhere near the caliber of player that I expected.

Marrow could get away with his slower speed and bigger body in HS, but he has no toughness in him to be a FB. Janovich has no problem hitting someone.

I don't think that I've seen enough of his runs to decide how he is gonna do in that regard, but if he can add some weight and run and possibly catch as well as he blocks, he is gonna add another dimension to the offense for the next 3 years.