Only 4 Teams With 9+ Wins Each Season Since 2008

Over time, if Bo stays for 15-20 more years and never wins less than 9 we'll look at it like we look at osbornes list of 9 win seasons. As a WHOLE of the sum. I impressed being on the list.

I don't think there's much chance he'll be here that long if he doesn't win something significant. And it would be nothing like T.O.'s 9 win seasons, with conference titles sprinkled in there.

Winning 9 games is great and all, but it's like being excited about not losing to Georgia as bad as we lost to Wisconsin.

It's a moral victory. We need to start winning championships at some point. And no, division titles don't count. Unless you're Missouri.

TO didn't win a conference championship for like 11 yrs.

BUT he still won 9 games during that stretch. It's still part of the whole TO package.

False. TO won a share of the title in 1975 and 1978. Even if you wish to not count those in this discussion, which is fair, Nebraska was still a perennial top 10 team, and never lost more than 3 games. To compare what TO did in those days to what is going on right now is a huge stretch.

Also bear in mind that OU was an absolute Juggernaut during that run also. There was a single team that TO just could't get past. And that team would the equivalent of Bama right now. OU didn't finish worse than 7 from '71 to '81 and most of those were 3 or better.

And it was a different time as well. Osborne did not have the competition to face either. There was Oklahoma and then 6 other mediocre to bad teams. If it were today, it would be like playing 1 Ohio St, and then 7 Minnesota's, Indiana's, and Illinois. Occasionally Missouri would equal today's Northwestern. If you can't compare to the Osborne era to support the positives, then you cant do it to support the negatives. either.

The main point that most people miss is that it's not us that is putting pressure on Bo it is the newer coaches that are having success much sooner than 5 years. Then it becomes that we look at Bo and then we see no improvement and start expecting more of Bo.

LOL I needed that laugh.

Whatever. Go ahead and laugh but at the end of the day the only thing we can say about Bo is that he wins 9-10 games a year. Meanwhile Charlie Strong is still celebrating his BCS bowl victory, not that getting to a BCS game isn't important though.

sh#t you get but hurt easily. since you dislike the program that much, go be a fan of CS. (because you know he won that BCS game) pathetic.

how is that me being butthurt?

simple, just read what you posted. it's not hard to figure it out. and if i have to draw you a picture than it's not worth trying to explain it to you. you won't get it.

IBTL

yes you did.

I will say also that it is nice to be recognized for something that only 3 other teams have accomplished in that time frame. People want to bitch about not getting championships but we have played in 3 of them in the 5 yrs Bo has been coach. To me, that is a pretty damn good thing. We didn't win them but atleast we got to them.

I don't think there is one person one this board who doesn't expect us to be fighting for championships every year or most years. That doesn't mean we can't have a little satisfaction when we have accomplished something only 3 other schools have done.

False. Winning 9+ games each season since 2008 is not an accomplishment, it's an arbitrary statistic.

There are no trophies involved.

That is very close to the most stupidest post I've read in a long time and their are quite a few of them.

False. Your post about the defense playing well against Georgia makes my post look like some brilliant f'ing Mark Twain sh#t.

Also,

most stupidest

False. It's "most stupid" or "stupidest".

• Fire 4

simple, just read what you posted. it's not hard to figure it out. and if i have to draw you a picture than it's not worth trying to explain it to you. you won't get it.

yeah so anytime anyone disagrees with you sunshine pumpers it's being butthurt? yeah don't talk about sh#t you know nothing about.

yeah so anytime anyone disagrees with you sunshine pumpers it's being butthurt? yeah don't talk about sh#t you know nothing about.

Fail. as normal :ahhhhhhhh

Fail. as normal :ahhhhhhhh

you're the one getting all emotional like a girl.

All this statistic tells me is that we've been consistently good, but NOT great. Not elite.

This season was thrilling, with all the story lines. TMart's improvement, Ameer taking care of business for an injured Rex, the receivers' dominance (specifically Turner busting out), EMart wreaking havoc, all the comebacks.

But continue to pee our pants in huge games. We're starting to win some of them, like the game with Michigan for the division. But I don't consider that game on the same level with a showdown with an undefeated OSU or the championship game vs Bucky.

Bo continues to let his team get blown out in those games, the ones that would get us over the proverbial hump. FACT.

And what is even more disturbing is how sloppy the play is in those games. We're talking about breakdown of fundamentals, terribl angles on D, bad ball security..: you all know what I mean. And, the worst fact of all.. In those losses, the team straight quits. They quit in the Wiscy game.

Now, This point is countered by how they would NOT give up in all the comeback games, but still begs the question... Why give up I'm thenB1G championship with all that was on the line?

Giving up and loss if fundamentals are not acceptable and lead to blowout, embarrassing losses on national TV like we've all seen too much the last few years.

I love Bo. He's doing all the little things, and is doing them right, the Nebraska way, to bring this team back to prominence. Our offense looks terrific (minus the fumbles) and I'm stoked to see what he can do with the influx of young athletic talent coming on the D next year.

But we continue to be our own worst enemy and implode in the biggest games, the ones we most need to win to take the next step forward. And as much as I like Bo as a person and a coach, and for all he does right, if he continues to lose those games and in the fashion he has been, I truly don't think any of that will matter.

I've asked this before: So what can they do about this? We were so close to beating Georgia-GEORGIA! The same team that was only .15 seconds away from being able to play for the national championship!! Yet to read some of the garbage on this board you would think we are the worst team that ever played the game! Our defense is NOT horrible. They played well against Georgia. If Ameer hadn't fumbled we could've very well upset them. We had them sweating for 3 quarters.

I'm proud that we are in this group of teams that have won at least 9 games since 2008. That IS elite company. Ok, so we have a lot of work to do but it's getting done. Just think how much Taylor has improved since he started! I don't mind CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of our team but I get so tired of people coming on to the board and dissing our team because they rarely have suggestions as to who we could get to come here and do better and they seldom make any suggestions as to what they think would make this team better. So, I'm asking again: What can they do about this problem of implosion?

Did you just say the defense played well against Georgia?

They did play well against Georgia.

Um, no they didn't.