T-Mart: 15-1 Odds for 2013 Heisman

Baylor did win 10 games though. And Griffin had numerous Hiesman moments, from his performance in the season opener against TCU, to their win against Oklahoma, to a blowout win over Texas. I think Griffin was an easy pick for Hiesman. No, a team does not have to be a top 5 BCS team for a player to win the Hiesman, but in the case of Taylor, that's probably what it will take.

As long as he plays to his fullest capabilities, and uses his legs (which I see happening, since it is his last year and we have a back-up), he has a very decent shot, even with 2 losses. BUT thats if he isn't a turnover machine. He needs to limit those before anything. We can go 10-2 in regular season (no B1G appearence) or 11-3 with winning the B1G CCG for him to be a legitimate contender for it. He just can't turn the ball over like he does and performs with limited mistakes in important situations.

He would have to be in the running the whole year, and beat an undefeated Ohio State in the CCG with an unreal game like 400yrd total offense, then he would have a pretty good shot at it.

I honestly don't see tOSU going undefeated next year. Braxton won't last that long. By the beginning of conference schedule or towards the middle, he will be either out, or limited due to an injury. Meyer runs him way to reckless.

He would have to be in the running the whole year, and beat an undefeated Ohio State in the CCG with an unreal game like 400yrd total offense, then he would have a pretty good shot at it.

I honestly don't see tOSU going undefeated next year. Braxton won't last that long. By the beginning of conference schedule or towards the middle, he will be either out, or limited due to an injury. Meyer runs him way to reckless.

I was really shocked that they ran him as hard this year, beins they really had nothing to play for. I also understand Ohio St's emphasis of going undefeated because the result is an easy top 5 ranking to start next year off with.

Probably not. He couldn't play terrible but the CCG is so late in the season that many of the ballots are already submitted before the game and most voters will probably have their minds made up already. If the race is very close a great game could win it and a poor game could lose it but it will be much more about the stats he accumulates during the regular season and what the Huskers' record is.

I'm already excited to see how much he will improve next year. With another year out in Cali he will be an even better passer and i would not be surprised if he hits the 70% mark this year according to our schedule and lack of defenses we will be playing.

If you didn't watch him every week - would you think he's really improved that much since his freshman season? He's obviously improved, and we all see it. But I also saw a lot of the same exact things in the Georgia game as I did in Washington 2.0. Taylor is not as far along today as I had expected him to be mid-way though his freshman year. I'm not necessarily an advocate for having a dedicated QB coach - but if Taylor had a good one from the time he was a freshman...I think he'd be a lot farther along. I don't believe we are going to end up getting Taylor to his full potential during his time here.

I'm already excited to see how much he will improve next year. With another year out in Cali he will be an even better passer and i would not be surprised if he hits the 70% mark this year according to our schedule and lack of defenses we will be playing.

If you didn't watch him every week - would you think he's really improved that much since his freshman season? He's obviously improved, and we all see it. But I also saw a lot of the same exact things in the Georgia game as I did in Washington 2.0. Taylor is not as far along today as I had expected him to be mid-way though his freshman year. I'm not necessarily an advocate for having a dedicated QB coach - but if Taylor had a good one from the time he was a freshman...I think he'd be a lot farther along. I don't believe we are going to end up getting Taylor to his full potential during his time here.

honestly i think the biggest thing that went wrong was the process, or lack of, which was from his freshman year to his sophomore year. There was not a lot of improvement there. However if you look at this improvement from his FR/SO year to his junior year it's night and day. Maybe he could be a little further than he is, but he has made dramatic improvements. And it's not just the things you hear on T.V. ESPN will rave about how he doesn't lean back when he throws, and his footwork has gotten better. it's more than that. He has been throwing to an area rather than a person, he has been dipping out of bounds rather than taking a big hit. The biggest things he needs to work on IMO are throwing the ball out of bounds when there is too much pressure and he can't escape the pocket, and ball protection. And we may not get Taylor to his full potential, but i fully believe he will once again make big improvements and be in the Heisman talk at the end of the year.

That'd be nice, but with the glut of talent at the skill positions matched with our schedule it seems to me 2013 would not be a year where Taylor should have to single handedly win many ballgames. If we end up in the NC picture (that one's on the defense) it would be hard to imagine he wouldn't at least be in the conversation. But as some people have said, ball security is really his downfall. High risk/high reward player.

Nice to see him make the list, I think that he has the tools to go a long way he has showed flashes now he needs to show the poise that a 4 year starter in a big program (or any program) should show. Of course the odds are all about evening out the money and I am sure some of us in Husker Nation are willing to toss a few bucks to vegas.

Never going to happen unless he does a MUCH better job with ball security.

I agree with this.

Secure the ball, make better choices...

If he has some ridiculous game against one of the lower tier dregs in our division, it'll get the talking hairdoo's on ESPN all riled up until he has a lackluster game and the same guys that built him up the week before, will just turn around and say, see, told you he wasn't that good...

I have been a suporter of Taylor since his first game, but I do not feel there is a chance of the Hypsman, nor do I think he is Hypsman type player. He is great kid, trying his guts out. Fast in a straight line, and maybe has developed a little scrambling ability. Just not what they will be looking for. The kid from Louisville will get some votes I think. Or does he graduate.

I have been a suporter of Taylor since his first game, but I do not feel there is a chance of the Hypsman, nor do I think he is Hypsman type player. He is great kid, trying his guts out. Fast in a straight line, and maybe has developed a little scrambling ability. Just not what they will be looking for. The kid from Louisville will get some votes I think. Or does he graduate.

Teddy Bridgewater... From what I saw, that kid looked pretty good, and have a pretty easy schedule next year which should mean wins and good numbers...