T-Mart: 15-1 Odds for 2013 Heisman

If Taylor wins the Heisman, Nebraska will have the record as the only school who has 50% of their Heisman winners constantly trashed by their own fan base.

If he wins the heisman we also won't be 9-4 or 10-4 IMHO

We will have to be in the National Championship hunt for him to even be looked at, IMO.

if we are undefeated when we go back to Indy and TM has a "heisman moment" at some point next season its possible.I would put the percentages in the single digits for now but Lets just hope TM improves the way he did last year! If the defense is even close to as good as the offense is next year it should be very exciting! Im putting my money on Teddy Bridgewater they have a great shot at going undefeated in the regular season next year!

I want him to win just so I can hear that acceptance speech. Lord knows that would be a doozy...

KISS

if we are undefeated when we go back to Indy and TM has a "heisman moment" at some point next season its possible.I would put the percentages in the single digits for now but Lets just hope TM improves the way he did last year! If the defense is even close to as good as the offense is next year it should be very exciting! Im putting my money on Teddy Bridgewater they have a great shot at going undefeated in the regular season next year!

He had at least two of those this year at UCLA and in the CCG.

If Taylor wins the Heisman, Nebraska will have the record as the only school who has 50% of their Heisman winners constantly trashed by their own fan base.

If he wins the heisman we also won't be 9-4 or 10-4 IMHO

We will have to be in the National Championship hunt for him to even be looked at, IMO.

That wouldn't stop some fans from constantly talking down about the kid. Heck, there are still Husker fans who claim they never liked Crouch and he didn't deserve any of the recognition he got, including the Heisman.

I will never figure out some fans.

Never going to happen unless he does a MUCH better job with ball security.

Agreed and NU would have to end the regular season at least 11-1 if not 12-0

Why does everyone think this? Did Baylor have this kind of season? Did they even play in a BCS game when RGIII won? No they didn't on both cases

Did TAMU go 11-1 or 12-0 when Menzeil won? No, they had a two loss year as well.

As long as Taylor plays better, as in keeping the ball off the ground and being smart when he throws it, he will have a very good shot, despite if we only lose more than one game. For once, the Heisman has moved on from "who is the best player on the best team", to who is the consistent player who can still find a way to win that doesn't put their team in jeopardy.

Taylor would have been in the spotlight this year, if he wasn't leading the nation in fumbles this year and didn't have an INT on the first drive of two games. Smart, decisicive and skilled kids when it. Not turnover machines.

Now I do agree if we lose more than 3 games, he won't be considered, but the loss margin is more than one, if your a great athletic kid.

Fair or not, I think players from certain schools, i.e. Nebraska, Alabama, USC, etc... are held to a higher standard. You put up big numbers at Baylor, A&M, K-State, etc... and win more games than usual then you are considered a hero. Just putting up big numbers at the first mentioned schools is not a big deal without some hardware. So I think Taylor can put up all the numbers he wants, but if there is not a championship of some sort to show for it, he will not be considered in my opinion.

I want him to win just so I can hear that acceptance speech. Lord knows that would be a doozy...
KISS
He had at least two of those this year at UCLA and in the CCG.

Notice I also said go undefeated.

Why does everyone think this? Did Baylor have this kind of season? Did they even play in a BCS game when RGIII won? No they didn't on both cases Did TAMU go 11-1 or 12-0 when Menzeil won? No, they had a two loss year as well. As long as Taylor plays better, as in keeping the ball off the ground and being smart when he throws it, he will have a very good shot, despite if we only lose more than one game. For once, the Heisman has moved on from "who is the best player on the best team", to who is the consistent player who can still find a way to win that doesn't put their team in jeopardy. Taylor would have been in the spotlight this year, if he wasn't leading the nation in fumbles this year and didn't have an INT on the first drive of two games. Smart, decisicive and skilled kids when it. Not turnover machines. Now I do agree if we lose more than 3 games, he won't be considered, but the loss margin is more than one, if your a great athletic kid.
Fair or not, I think players from certain schools, i.e. Nebraska, Alabama, USC, etc... are held to a higher standard. You put up big numbers at Baylor, A&M, K-State, etc... and win more games than usual then you are considered a hero. Just putting up big numbers at the first mentioned schools is not a big deal without some hardware. So I think Taylor can put up all the numbers he wants, but if there is not a championship of some sort to show for it, he will not be considered in my opinion.

I think a big part of it has to do with the conference. In the Big 12, offenses are known for throwing up big numbers. In the SEC or Big 10, where offenses don't tend to score a lot due to the nature of the offense and stronger defenses, it probably shows something when a player is putting up obscene numbers.

• Fire 1
Why does everyone think this? Did Baylor have this kind of season? Did they even play in a BCS game when RGIII won? No they didn't on both cases Did TAMU go 11-1 or 12-0 when Menzeil won? No, they had a two loss year as well. As long as Taylor plays better, as in keeping the ball off the ground and being smart when he throws it, he will have a very good shot, despite if we only lose more than one game. For once, the Heisman has moved on from "who is the best player on the best team", to who is the consistent player who can still find a way to win that doesn't put their team in jeopardy. Taylor would have been in the spotlight this year, if he wasn't leading the nation in fumbles this year and didn't have an INT on the first drive of two games. Smart, decisicive and skilled kids when it. Not turnover machines. Now I do agree if we lose more than 3 games, he won't be considered, but the loss margin is more than one, if your a great athletic kid.

I think a big part of it has to do with the conference. In the Big 12, offenses are known for throwing up big numbers. In the SEC or Big 10, where offenses don't tend to score a lot due to the nature of the offense and stronger defenses, it probably shows something when a player is putting up obscene numbers.

This is a great point.