DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

So how far is the gap between Foster and Phillips as far as us wanting them. And is this just a position need based decision. We need OLinemen way more than a Dlinemen that may be down our list of Dline offers. How many Dlinemen do we want for this class and how many OLinemen?

Just read what I typed. Makes sense..... Kind of...... To me!

The gap between Foster and Phillips is pretty substantial. We need interior OL, and he's the best one not only in Nebraska but probably the midwest. As far as DL goes I've seen anywhere from 2-3 and OL 3-4. IMO, you should take at minimum 2-3 OL per class.

glad to see that Nebraska is atleast keeping tabs.. on him.. i hope they have a game plan and dont dick him around too much if they are in fact going to offer... cant afford to lose the in state kids.... with that said i think with our amounts of slots we have this year why not offer the guy and give him a chance and build up some good will

glad to see that Nebraska is atleast keeping tabs.. on him.. i hope they have a game plan and dont dick him around too much if they are in fact going to offer... cant afford to lose the in state kids.... with that said i think with our amounts of slots we have this year why not offer the guy and give him a chance and build up some good will

They have a plan. They're just being careful. Phillips, Stultenberg, and Cotton will get evaluated thorougly at camp next month. Staff should be able to make an educated decision then.

i agree that they have a plan... i just the locals boys get an offer.. would be a shame if a lot of kids out of local high schools feel burned by not getting offers while in their opinion kids from around the country with perhaps in their mind lesser talent (true or untrue?!) get offers.....

They have a plan. They're just being careful. Phillips, Stultenberg, and Cotton will get evaluated thorougly at camp next month. Staff should be able to make an educated decision then.

it's not a matter of does this guy have football talent and can he play at NU. I think it's more of a matter of is this guy one of the best options we have at this point. The staff knows most of the NU guys will jump on an NU offer as soon as they get one. So unless the kid is crazy good, the staff will extend offers to the big time kids far away that most likely wont jump right on an NU offer before they will offer him. It's kind of a we know we can get Harrison so he is our safety if we don't get one of these other guys who really have a little more (fill in the blank) speed, quickness, strength, coachability, height, weight, experience against higher level talent, winning program, etc.