Els mentioned that we are currently recruiting a few HS TEs but if they don't work out there are plenty of options right now. He specifically mentioned a player or players on the team who could or will move to TE, though he didn't mention any names. Speculation on other boards is that Pirman is at least one of those he is referring to. Here is a highlight film from Pirman's Senior year. He plays mostly a stand-up rush end or OLB role but there are numerous plays of him lined up at TE or even split out wide. He definately has the speed, atheleticism and tenacity to be a good TE. He has some good blocks at TE, mostly at the end of the clip. His route running needs to improve greatly and he needs to work on catching the ball with his hands and his blocking fundamentals need to improve but overall looks to have all the tools necessary to become a good TE for us. I for one hope that this move happens, unless he will be seeing the field at LB this year, which right now seems unlikely with the flood of talent we have gotten there the last two years.

That would work. I could also see Mike Marrow playing the Ben Cotton role and Quincy Enunwa playing the Kyler Reed role.

Quincy is a wide receiver and nothing else. And Mike Marrow playing TE is laughable. His hips are extremely stiff, he isn't necessarily a good blocker, I personally can't comment on his ability to catch the football, but my guess would be it's nothing great. Despite what they are listed on the athletic website (list Cotton at 255 and Marrow at 250), Marrow is plenty heavier than Cotton but is 4-5 inches shorter.

Enunwa is on the small size to be a TE. Unless he has a 3" growth spurt to go along with a 30lb weight gain I dont see it happening. Marrow has the weight but still doen't have the height.

Jake Long should have the 1 spot locked down. I'm hoping that Sam Cotton was watching his brother & is ready to step into his shoes. If not hopefully David Sutton will be ready to go.

If we are just throwing out crazy ideas. I will go with 6th year Sr Sean Fisher. He at least has the needed size & played RB & was the KR/PR at Millard North.

Enunwa is on the small size to be a TE. Unless he has a 3" growth spurt to go along with a 30lb weight gain I dont see it happening. Marrow has the weight but still doen't have the height.

Jake Long should have the 1 spot locked down. I'm hoping that Sam Cotton was watching his brother & is ready to step into his shoes. If not hopefully David Sutton will be ready to go.

If we are just throwing out crazy ideas. I will go with 6th year Sr Sean Fisher. He at least has the needed size & played RB & was the KR/PR at Millard North.

Just announced he's going to medical school.

Any other crazy ideas? Kinda fun, isn't it?

Just announced he's going to medical school.

Any other crazy ideas? Kinda fun, isn't it?

Maybe my post will make him reconsider.

^does that count?