WR Monte Harrison

Nexus

Slot money doesn't guarantee that is what he will get offered, just keep that in mind. It is possible that if a team underdrafted a prospect higher in the draft and made a deal with that prospect to sign for below the slot money they can then overdraft later and give larger bonuses to prospects further down the draft.

• Fire 1

Slot money for first pick in 2nd round is still 1.35M

Typically (or what's been discussed) is that it's not the salary we need to worry about. It's the signing bonus.
That is the signing bonus

Yeah, that's what I said....

:D

Gotcha, read it wrong

Fwiw pick 57 goes below 1M

We are at 44

Slot money for first pick in 2nd round is still 1.35M

Typically (or what's been discussed) is that it's not the salary we need to worry about. It's the signing bonus.
That is the signing bonus

Yeah, that's what I said....

:D

Gotcha, read it wrong

Fwiw pick 57 goes below 1M

We are at 44

Hahahah no you were right. I was just denying it. Thank you for the correction.

I mean you feel terrible for the kid, because it's probably embarrassing to be sitting there like that, but... keep sliding... We need you Monte...

This kid and Stringfellow on the field together?

Hell, this kid in the same outfield as Ryan Boldt and the Puerto Rican recruit we have?

Slot money doesn't guarantee that is what he will get offered, just keep that in mind. It is possible that if a team underdrafted a prospect higher in the draft and made a deal with that prospect to sign for below the slot money they can then overdraft later and give larger bonuses to prospects further down the draft.

This. Everyone that thinks signing bonuses are set in stone in set ranges per round need to read this.

MH didn't go 45th so he can come on to Lincoln for all I care now.

• Fire 1

This. Everyone that thinks signing bonuses are set in stone in set ranges per round need to read this.

MH didn't go 45th so he can come on to Lincoln for all I care now.

They do have a pool though they can't go over without penalties, some as stuff as forfeiting draft picks.

This article explains things pretty well

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/2014-draft-assigned-pick-values-for-top-10-rounds/