Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Read it CN. Thorough. Detailed. It has to be true. You literally can NOT make that stuff up. I dont see how it's not true.

Seems pretty obvious, right?

There is no Lennay Kekua, but the woman whose image was used to create Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend appears to be one Diane O'Meara, a marketing executive in Los Angeles. Yes, she has a lawyer, and, no, she won't be telling her side of the story right now. The New York Post,Inside Edition, and local Los Angeles news stations are just some of the many outlets scrambling for interviews with O'Meara, whom they have identified as the woman Deadspin called Reba in its account of the hoax concocted around the Notre Dame star and the woman whose private Facebook and Instagram photos were used on national TV and appeared on Kekua's fake Twitter account.

http://www.theatlant...nd-photo/61160/

Side note: Diane would get it.

O'Meara? So now we have an Irish name directly connected, which correlates with my connection between the Irish and Samoan mafias as stated above. Irrefutable!

I liked the story. Was it Bourne or The Departed? Or neither or both?

Te'o can't be completely absolved here, though. He claims he knew on 12/6/12 that he was the victim of a hoax, but he gave an interview on 12/10/12 where he talked about "my girlfriend" in reference to this fictitious person. If he knew when he says he knew, then he perpetuated the hoax himself in this interview.

Here's a timeline of the events compiled by... ahem... TIME.

He can't be absolved even if you give him benefit of doubt for that.

Dude knew her for four years, dated her for one year, she was in a car accident and subsequent coma, was diagnosed with leaukemia, and then died. He never visited her and was hooking up with other girls ... while putting on sob stories for ESPN and Notre Dame is putting together pep rallies and wearing leis. Jesus.

Well gee, you can't visit someone that doesn't exist. In the normal version of this scam, the woman never quite makes it to the meeting due to unforeseen problems. Often said problems require the man to send her more money.

Te'o can't be completely absolved here, though. He claims he knew on 12/6/12 that he was the victim of a hoax, but he gave an interview on 12/10/12 where he talked about "my girlfriend" in reference to this fictitious person. If he knew when he says he knew, then he perpetuated the hoax himself in this interview.

Here's a timeline of the events compiled by... ahem... TIME.

Yeah I know how it looks in hindsight now that we have a large supply of media articles to review on our own time. I think we're both saying "He knew" when we should be saying "He was first alerted that something was fishy." Could teo have figured it out in an instant and then came forward? Maybe. Is that what a 22 year old does when he was a scam victim and is facing national attention, final exams, and the biggest football game in his life? No, he doesn't act perfectly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes Freedom fans, the boxes will be empty. But that's where fan imagination can run wild and individual unique stories about what the bobblehead should really look like can begin.

To add to the imaginary fun, section 115 will be blocked and reserved only for fans to sit with their imaginary friends, girlfriends/boyfriends or spouses. There will also be a make pretend kiss cam, air guitar contest and an imaginary food fight outside the Airheads Kids Zone.

That's F'ed up

I never had too much against Notre Dame. Never really understood the hate for them that seems to run rancid throughout the country. But this thing is mind boggling for them to 100% hitch their wagon to Manti, to do it so fast, when even then, it was obvious he is X% in wrong on this ordeal regardless. I just dont get it. Yes, it has been and is the most bizarre sports story.

It's a mix of a lot of things. They set themselves up on a moral pedastal as *the* Catholic university. Such marketing has paid off in a big way as they get a huge tv contract that does not reflect the product they (usually) put on the field, which they do not have to share with anyone. They get sweetheart deals from bowls, the revenue from which they do not have to share with anyone. They're more than happy to dump their non-revenue sports into the revenue sharing schemes represented by conferences, but keep football to themselves. They are in a word, greedy. This is not to say that other athletic departments are not greedy, but Notre Dame has the means to really be obnoxious about it, and so they are.

And then there's the moral hypocrisy. When you set yourself up on a pedastal as a religious institution, you are rightly expected to follow through on those moral tenets. From big things like turning a blind eye to the crimes of football players, to little annoying things like changing the pronunciation of players' names to win them votes in the Heisman race and hiring a red-faced f-bomb dropping head coach, it's hard to make the case that Notre Dame is ethically any different from Penn State or Alabama or any other big time sports program. Which again, isn't to say that Notre Dame's conduct is especially bad relative to other major programs, simply that its kind of grating to see them pretend that they hold superior values to the aforementioned schools.

I guess I shouldve said that I do understand. I just dont contain it myself. Notre Dame's complete irrelavancy in basically every sport in my lifetime of paying attention to sports contributes to the fact that I simply dont pay attention to them. I dont really notice anything they do. They do not matter. I'm too busy worrying about actual threats to my Husker Elitism, like ESPN, the SEC, and Texas.

There are some teams that just get attention and are the focus of the sport. In the NFL it's the Cowboys who get way more headlines than they're W-L record warrants. A lot of money and a large fan base are required but not sufficient by themselves. Now ND just went through 20 years of medocrity but we were still all over the news and our AD was treated as an equal among the conference commissioners. That suggests that we'll always be around.

Someone research and elaborate. Coachman just relayed that the girl who acted as Lennay told a Hawaii reporter that she had to fake her death in order to avoid drug dealers?

Edit: Ok. I must have misheard it. http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/january/manti-te-o-talked-about-his-girlfriend-passing-away-at-the-heisman-trophy-presentation.html

Ulty's theory is starting to come together.

Yes Freedom fans, the boxes will be empty. But that's where fan imagination can run wild and individual unique stories about what the bobblehead should really look like can begin.

To add to the imaginary fun, section 115 will be blocked and reserved only for fans to sit with their imaginary friends, girlfriends/boyfriends or spouses. There will also be a make pretend kiss cam, air guitar contest and an imaginary food fight outside the Airheads Kids Zone.

That's F'ed up

agreed. that is cold. he is a college kid, they are a professional corporation. even if he was in on it or whatever, that is immature and in poor taste.

That's F'ed up

agreed. that is cold. he is a college kid, they are a professional corporation. even if he was in on it or whatever, that is immature and in poor taste.

Then we actually disagree. I find the imaginary bobblehead giveaway hilarious!

That's F'ed up

He's literally months away from making millions to play a game. Too bad.

Someone research and elaborate. Coachman just relayed that the girl who acted as Lennay told a Hawaii reporter that she had to fake her death in order to avoid drug dealers?

Edit: Ok. I must have misheard it. http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/january/manti-te-o-talked-about-his-girlfriend-passing-away-at-the-heisman-trophy-presentation.html

Ulty's theory is starting to come together.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/lennay-kekau-told-manti-te-o-she-faked-222952624--ncaaf.html

it just seems... busch league.

good point. just when i first heard on the radio my thoughts were 'that's cold' and 'will it still be topical then?' i suppose i was being oversensitive, but it does seem rather elaborate for a joke that is funny in theory (reading it in an article), but rather cumbersome to execute.

anyway, it's friday and time to drink. good night to all!

it just seems... busch league.

good point. just when i first heard on the radio my thoughts were 'that's cold' and 'will it still be topical then?' i suppose i was being oversensitive, but it does seem rather elaborate for a joke that is funny in theory (reading it in an article), but rather cumbersome to execute.

anyway, it's friday and time to drink. good night to all!

I guess I'm just a hard ass. I dont have any sympathy for pro athletes anyway. I know he's still in college now, but that doesnt mean anything to me. He's 22 frickin years old. If Te'o knew what I was doing at 22 instead of playing game in exchange for a college education, it would make his head spin, and my situation was probably very mild compared to a lot of other people.

My point being that if they make millions to play a game, they should have enough strenghth to not let anything that is said and thought about them to get to them. He better have the understanding that this little bobblehead joke thing is just the first. He's gonna be a butt for a LONG time.