Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Me putting my complete dislike for Neuter Dame, and my dislike for Te'o, not because of this whole ordeal, but because he was the most underachieved over rated LB who got too much credit because of his story.

At this point, just like at the beginning of this breakout, I don't know what to think. At the beginning, I was leaning towards Te'o being in on it, but now I am starting to think he really was duped.

Tuiasosopo supposedly admitted to this Shelly girl he made it all up at the beginning of December and Te'o had no idea.

Tuiasosopo has now went into hiding and no one can find him.

Tuiasosopo also allegedly did this same thing to one of his family members back in '08, with the same name and same description of the real girl, O'Meara.

At this point, I am not sure what to believe, even more than before. Evidence was pointing at Te'o this whole time, but now its pointing away, like he is the victim.

Did Te'o get so wrapped up with how he felt about this girl that he thought some of his wishes were true stories? We all grieve differently. Especially when you have your grandmother passed, then this girl you were "in love" with. There are many cases where people start to think some of their thoughts have occurred. Not saying this is the situation, but you honestly never know.

I think you missed the point of my post. I theorized that he did meet a real girl initially.

I don't think he could have. With pictures of Lennay on TV, and twitter, at least Manti would've seen it. It's come out now (apparently) that this girl had no idea she was being used in that way. Although I also find that hard to believe.

Te'o is going to have the worst Awareness rating in Madden history.

Does that really matter though? If he has awesome ratings in the other categories, you can easily make up for it by just controlling him. That would actually work for me, for I like to control the middle backer on defense anyway.

Awareness doesn't matter in Madden, does it? Players gain awareness. They don't gain other ratings. In fact, only the speed ratings matter. Actually, nothing matters. Just tweak the sliders :lol:

Me putting my complete dislike for Neuter Dame, and my dislike for Te'o, not because of this whole ordeal, but because he was the most underachieved over rated LB who got too much credit because of his story.

At this point, just like at the beginning of this breakout, I don't know what to think. At the beginning, I was leaning towards Te'o being in on it, but now I am starting to think he really was duped.

Tuiasosopo supposedly admitted to this Shelly girl he made it all up at the beginning of December and Te'o had no idea.

Tuiasosopo has now went into hiding and no one can find him.

Tuiasosopo also allegedly did this same thing to one of his family members back in '08, with the same name and same description of the real girl, O'Meara.

At this point, I am not sure what to believe, even more than before. Evidence was pointing at Te'o this whole time, but now its pointing away, like he is the victim.

Did Te'o get so wrapped up with how he felt about this girl that he thought some of his wishes were true stories? We all grieve differently. Especially when you have your grandmother passed, then this girl you were "in love" with. There are many cases where people start to think some of their thoughts have occurred. Not saying this is the situation, but you honestly never know.

Could be. I think the only thing to argue then is who was the person that supposedly visited him in Hawaii a few times like be said and that he met at the Stanford game when their "eyes met." And then also when manti found out it was a hoax (if he even "found out," he could have already been in on it) on dec 6th or whatever, how come he made that passionate speech about his grandmother and girlfriend a few days later? He may be more of a victim than we think, but there are ways he's involved and things he's hiding IMO

Te'o can't be completely absolved here, though. He claims he knew on 12/6/12 that he was the victim of a hoax, but he gave an interview on 12/10/12 where he talked about "my girlfriend" in reference to this fictitious person. If he knew when he says he knew, then he perpetuated the hoax himself in this interview.

Here's a timeline of the events compiled by... ahem... TIME.

• Fire 1

Te'o can't be completely absolved here, though. He claims he knew on 12/6/12 that he was the victim of a hoax, but he gave an interview on 12/10/12 where he talked about "my girlfriend" in reference to this fictitious person. If he knew when he says he knew, then he perpetuated the hoax himself in this interview.

He can't be absolved even if you give him benefit of doubt for that.

Dude knew her for four years, dated her for one year, she was in a car accident and subsequent coma, was diagnosed with leaukemia, and then died. He never visited her and was hooking up with other girls ... while putting on sob stories for ESPN and Notre Dame is putting together pep rallies and wearing leis. Jesus.

Dude knew her for four years, dated her for one year, she was in a car accident and subsequent coma, was diagnosed with leaukemia, and then died. He never visited her and was hooking up with other girls ... while putting on sob stories for ESPN and Notre Dame is putting together pep rallies and wearing leis. Jesus.

yeah, the options are: he is the worst bf/biggest idiot of all time, he did not want to know the truth because the lie played so well, or at some point he became a part of the deception.

The only fact to emerge is how lazy journalists have gotten in the country.

This should have unraveled months ago when a reporter or fact checker tried to get a quote for attribution from Lennay's family.

I was talking to my girlfriend on why this never came out earlier, especially when that girl in Cali realized that was her picture being released as dead.

yeah, the options are: he is the worst bf/biggest idiot of all time, he did not want to know the truth because the lie played so well, or at some point he became a part of the deception.

I still can't wrap my brain around this one. Even IF he lied about actually meeting her to start with and IF he was duped into an online relationship with someone he thought was real but wasn't, how can the same person who supposedly talked to her all the time, fell asleep listening to her voice and woke up to the sound of her breathing on the other end of the line not bother to even once visit her after her accident and cancer treatment? Forget not going to the funeral, that's almost believable. He had at least three months and probably more from her "accident" to her "death" and he still never found the time despite seeming to live and die on her every phone call.

Not buying it for a second.

The only fact to emerge is how lazy journalists have gotten in the country.

This should have unraveled months ago when a reporter or fact checker tried to get a quote for attribution from Lennay's family.

I was talking to my girlfriend on why this never came out earlier, especially when that girl in Cali realized that was her picture being released as dead.

Just for clarification, she is a real person, right? :corndance