Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

At the very, very, very least, Manti Te'o promoted and benfitted from the heartbreaking story he was telling, leaving out the part where they'd never actually met because he knew that would kill the story.

No matter how much money he makes, he's still going to be a joke in the locker room. You don't want your defensive enforcer being a humiliated punch line and for that reason I think Manti's future salary just took a big hit.

• Fire 1

and based of this latest twist, the date in which he knew it was a hoax is now back to December 6th, not making it at the very least over a month that he played it leading up to the championship game. December 6th was also 2 days before the Heisman ceremony by the way.

As of today's news, Dec 6th was the day his dead gf said she was alive and running from the drug dealers.

Then we actually disagree. I find the imaginary bobblehead giveaway hilarious!

it just seems... busch league.

He's literally months away from making millions to play a game. Too bad.

good point. just when i first heard on the radio my thoughts were 'that's cold' and 'will it still be topical then?' i suppose i was being oversensitive, but it does seem rather elaborate for a joke that is funny in theory (reading it in an article), but rather cumbersome to execute.

anyway, it's friday and time to drink. good night to all!

I guess I'm just a hard ass. I dont have any sympathy for pro athletes anyway. I know he's still in college now, but that doesnt mean anything to me. He's 22 frickin years old. If Te'o knew what I was doing at 22 instead of playing game in exchange for a college educations, it would make his head spin, and my situation was probably very mild compared to a lot of other people.

My point being that if they make millions to play a game, they should have enough strenghth to not let anything that is said and thought about them to get to them. He better have the understanding that this little bobblehead joke thing is just the first. He's gonna be a butt for a LONG time.

i agree. it just seemed like an odd promotion to me. i wasn't really concerned with manti's feelings. it can't get any worse for him.

The only fact to emerge is how lazy journalists have gotten in the country.

This should have unraveled months ago when a reporter or fact checker tried to get a quote for attribution from Lennay's family.

I was talking to my girlfriend on why this never came out earlier, especially when that girl in Cali realized that was her picture being released as dead.

Just for clarification, she is a real person, right? :corndance

I'd hope so, otherwise these past 5 years would have been a figure of my imagination, along with the picture of my daughter in my avatar :P

and based of this latest twist, the date in which he knew it was a hoax is now back to December 6th, not making it at the very least over a month that he played it leading up to the championship game. December 6th was also 2 days before the Heisman ceremony by the way.

As of today's news, Dec 6th was the day his dead gf said she was alive and running from the drug dealers.

Would you quit bringing logic and common sense into this. Youre ruining all the fun.