Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Ha. So basically, Notre Dame didnt really conduct any investigation but rather said they did. And of course ESPN is going to comply with this sh#t. God forbid theyre glorification of a fake dead girlfriend for 4 months is COMPLETELY called into question.

I posted yesterday before ND announced the investigation was limited in scope. What I have heard is that it was strictly an electronic audit, so yes for Twitter and facebook but no to telephone and bank records.

But that should get resolved now that Katie Couric is on the case :sarcasm

But you would still need some kind of smoking gun to convince anyone that Teo didn't think that his girl actually died on Sept 6th.

Ha. So basically, Notre Dame didnt really conduct any investigation but rather said they did. And of course ESPN is going to comply with this sh#t. God forbid theyre glorification of a fake dead girlfriend for 4 months is COMPLETELY called into question.

I posted yesterday before ND announced the investigation was limited in scope. What I have heard is that it was strictly an electronic audit, so yes for Twitter and facebook but no to telephone and bank records.

But that should get resolved now that Katie Couric is on the case :sarcasm

But you would still need some kind of smoking gun to convince anyone that Teo didn't think that his girl actually died on Sept 6th.

"University officials said the investigators did not examine cell phone records, e-mails or other electronic communication..."

Notre Dame didn't do sh*t. Don't try to blow smoke up our a$$.

They Googled, searched on Nexis, and what is public on Twitter and called it a day.

Smoking gun? Or common sense.

I believe, that he believed, that she actually died. He also definitely had some feelings for the fake woman, though I'd bet that those past feelings grew exponentially once he realized he could play it up as a major tragedy in his life. No couple wants to admit that they met online, so he fabricated a grand story to justify why he was in love with a girl he had never actually met before. He fully believed that he'd lost a friend, but that fake persona was nothing near a girlfriend.

I know...but I think this is a really simple point: Joe says it's obvious that he really thought she died when he thought she died. But she's not real. And he describes meeting her in person. Those two things are not reconcileable, by my account.

No they aren't. But they may be understandable. He clearly lied to his parents (and media) about meeting her because that sounded better than "she no showed to our first meeting." From the early reports there must have been an exchange along the lines of:

LK Voice "Don't you remember talking to me after the Stanford game?"

MT "uhhh, oh yeah I remember you."

At that point in Teo's mind he did meet her and they are communicating, so she's real enough. Besides, if a girl who likes you says that you've met before, who actually admits that they don't remember? Among conmen this is a basic move.

EDIT: Mrandyk said it better than myself.

I think under the right conditions, the NFL owners would love Manti on their team:

Manti *texting agent* "So Jeri, why isn't the Cowboys paying me more?"

Jerry "Jeri" Jones "I think that I have they have been very generous. Think of all the people who would pay to play in the NFL!"

Manti "Yeah, but $5000 a game seems a little light. And why do I have to do the teams laundry"

"Jeri" Jones: "Well, you have to start somewhere and the CBA has me handcuffed."

Manti: "Maybe I can meet you and talk this over"

"Jeri": "Sorry, I'm out of the country feeding orphans"

• Fire 2