Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Putting these in one place so they're easier to compare. Here's Ronaiah Tuiasosopo singing in some crummy video.

And here's the VM recordings (in the link) that we're supposed to believe is Ronaiah pretending to be a woman using a falsetto:

http://deadspin.com/...aiah-tuiasosopo

I'm no singing expert, but that hardly sounds like a person with such accomplished voice training that they could convince someone that they were a woman during hours-long phone calls.

Yes. According to TIME's timeline that knapp referenced earlier:

Right, but what I mean is, it wasn't a national topic until Manti chose himself to bring it up and bring it up in a huge and embellished way.

Does anyone have a link to the first interview where he talked about it? I'm curious if he brought it up out of no where or if the interviewer already knew about it (possibly from a teammate) and asked him about it. I don't think I've seen that anywhere.

Putting these in one place so they're easier to compare. Here's Ronaiah Tuiasosopo singing in some crummy video.

And here's the VM recordings (in the link) that we're supposed to believe is Ronaiah pretending to be a woman using a falsetto:

http://deadspin.com/...aiah-tuiasosopo

I'm no singing expert, but that hardly sounds like a person with such accomplished voice training that they could convince someone that they were a woman during hours-long phone calls.

That's not the worst video I've ever seen filmed in a garage

knapplc, Manti didn't really know Tuis that well I think. I think I read somewhere they met once or twice.

That's not supported by the original deadspin article:

I can't remember which article I read it in (so many!) but all that deadspin article mentions are a few friendly tweets and a suggestion that the families are close. Doesn't necessarily mean Manti met the guy more than a few times or that they were anything more than acquaintances who might run into each other at a holiday party on occasion.

Katie Couric better have brought the fire to that interview, can't wait to see him try and deflect the gay questions.

She asked him if he was gay. He said he's "Farrrrr from gay." (via twitter)

Also, not saying this happened, but here's a toy you can use to modify your voice. Just for the sake of reference.

Katie Couric better have brought the fire to that interview, can't wait to see him try and deflect the gay questions.

She asked him if he was gay. He said he's "Farrrrr from gay." (via twitter)

Also, not saying this happened, but here's a toy you can use to modify your voice. Just for the sake of reference.

I'm sure there's a options for that. But that doesn't jive with the latest story - intensive voice training - does it?

darren rovell@darrenrovell

Te'o tells Katie Couric he didn't lie (to media). He was never asked if he had seen Lennay Kekua in person.

SI: How did you meet her?

TE'O: We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular.

It is interesting...because he says that SHE saw HIM.

Which, for the 100th time, confirms that he's either ultra-stupid or an ultra-jackass.

Still difficult to believe that Te'o wouldn't push harder to Skype/Facetime. Why he wouldn't have asked for a ton of pictures.

I still can't believe he didn't Skype. Lennay had a tweet even mentioning a Skype date (I think with someone else).

The more he speaks the more the media can smell blood in the water so to speak! Where is his representation in all this! After going dark for however long and now breaking his silence only to look more fooolish with every mumbled(literally) word! :facepalm:

Still difficult to believe that Te'o wouldn't push harder to Skype/Facetime. Why he wouldn't have asked for a ton of pictures.

I still can't believe he didn't Skype. Lennay had a tweet even mentioning a Skype date (I think with someone else).

The more he speaks the more the media can smell blood in the water so to speak! Where is his representation in all this! After going dark for however long and now breaking his silence only to look more fooolish with every mumbled(literally) word! :facepalm:

I predict Teo is done talking, as a business move. Probably some publicist written comments will appear in type on espn after Tusioppo speaks to deadspin.