Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

i still do not think the 'te'o is gay theory' holds up. why make the story so fanciful? if he was using a fake relationship to hide a secret he would have only publicized it as much as necessary (i.e. with close family and friends).

I agree, although if he used the word fanciful too often I'd have to reserve judgment! :D

i was going to say 'dramatic', did not think that was too much better.

i still do not think the 'te'o is gay theory' holds up. why make the story so fanciful? if he was using a fake relationship to hide a secret he would have only publicized it as much as necessary (i.e. with close family and friends).

If true, I'm pretty sure it only started as a cover for people who knew them well. I'm sure it was never intended to stand up to the scrutiny it's gotten. I still haven't seen anything that explains how the story got so big - did Te'o just start talking about it or did more and more people find out and they were forced to keep covering a bigger and bigger lie? I think it was getting too big and they panicked and "killed her off."

I agree, although if he used the word fanciful too often I'd have to reserve judgment! :D

Fabulous?

Fabulous?

I didn't think it could get worse. Hopefully this is rock bottom.

Out of curiosity, why would Tuiasosopo coming out as gay (or kind of coming out - whatever he did) be "rock bottom?"

Is the implication that Te'o also is gay? Because who cares if Te'o is gay? He's still a pretty good linebacker. Being gay means he likes dudes, it doesn't mean anything else.

It wasn't bad enough that Teo fell for an imaginary gf, that is rare but we know from mtv is not extremely rare. But now he knows and we know that Teo was talking to a gay man fantasizing in a dark room. Teo gets to think about that for the rest of his life.

I didn't think it could get worse. Hopefully this is rock bottom.

Out of curiosity, why would Tuiasosopo coming out as gay (or kind of coming out - whatever he did) be "rock bottom?"

Is the implication that Te'o also is gay? Because who cares if Te'o is gay? He's still a pretty good linebacker. Being gay means he likes dudes, it doesn't mean anything else.

I think this Chris Culliver's view is more prevalent in the NFL than we think. Not saying that's the right way but it appears to be the way right now

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8900782/super-bowl-2013-chris-culliver-san-francisco-49ers-says-anti-gay-opinions-not-my-heart

It's sort of like gays in the military.

Wait, so the phone thing, was it Tuiasosopo's female cousin or not?

Pretty sure it was. The only outlet to report that it was a man was ESPN, which was likely just to victimize Te'o

That, and the fact that Ronihaveshitforbrains has reiterated to Dr Phil that it was his voice.

No way. I won't buy that for a second until he gives a demonstration of this voice. His word is worth exactly squat, he needs to prove it.

Wait, so the phone thing, was it Tuiasosopo's female cousin or not?

Pretty sure it was. The only outlet to report that it was a man was ESPN, which was likely just to victimize Te'o

That, and the fact that Ronihaveshitforbrains has reiterated to Dr Phil that it was his voice.

No way. I won't buy that for a second until he gives a demonstration of this voice. His word is worth exactly squat, he needs to prove it.

Exactly. But that's the point, that he's continually trying to spin it in that direction, and for what reason?