Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

It's only a matter of time before the actual story comes out, and that's that Tuiasopoopoo and Te'o would meet up from time to time and get it on.

My theory is this:

Manti and Tuia were in a relationship. Manti, knowing his NFL stock was high after this season, couldn't risk the NFL knowing he was gay (not that it's against rules, but against the "mindset" of the NFL) so him and Tuia created this whole "catfish" scheme which allows Manti to save face. Thinking it would blow over quick, things have now gotten so out of control, they're creating new lies to cover other lies.

It's only a matter of time before the actual story comes out, and that's that Tuiasopoopoo and Te'o would meet up from time to time and get it on.

My theory is this:

Manti and Tuia were in a relationship. Manti, knowing his NFL stock was high after this season, couldn't risk the NFL knowing he was gay (not that it's against rules, but against the "mindset" of the NFL) so him and Tuia created this whole "catfish" scheme which allows Manti to save face. Thinking it would blow over quick, things have now gotten so out of control, they're creating new lies to cover other lies.

That's been basically my theory for awhile - that they wanted a cover story for their other friends but it got out of control.

Okay, so ESPN does a story about Te'o's dead girlfriend during the week leading up to the Heisman. Then, ESPN breaks a story shortly after that the girlfriend never existed. Then news broke that the girlfriend does exist, but it's just some random girls photos being used as the girlfriend that the girl never really knew Te'o. Turns out Te'o's girlfriend is actually a boyfriend fooling Manti into believing he was a girl. Then news breaks these 1000 hours of phone conversations were actually between two men, one pretending to be the voice of a woman, who doesn't even exist. One day later, news is breaking that it turns out the "man" on the phone, was actually a woman, but no the woman they thought existed when originally talking to Manti about his girlfriend. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then somebody refers to this situation, ever so correctly as regoddamndiculous.

But seriously, thanks for the summary. Saved me about 13 pages of some sh#t I would never believe would ever be necessary. WTF indeed.

My theory is this:

That's been basically my theory for awhile - that they wanted a cover story for their other friends but it got out of control.

This is the theory I had when the first deadspin article came out, then i cooled with the gay theory for a while, but it's been back in full force for a week now. Too much smoke.

My theory is this:

Is there enough tinfoil in Omaha to go around?

My theory is this:

Is there enough tinfoil in Omaha to go around?

Says the guy that believes Manti. Who's getting catfished now?

I didn't think it could get worse. Hopefully this is rock bottom.

Out of curiosity, why would Tuiasosopo coming out as gay (or kind of coming out - whatever he did) be "rock bottom?"

Is the implication that Te'o also is gay? Because who cares if Te'o is gay? He's still a pretty good linebacker. Being gay means he likes dudes, it doesn't mean anything else.