Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

OK, so let's run with the idea that Manti Te'o's buddy Ronaiah Tuiasosopo has the ability to pull off that falsetto voice. You're tell me that in all the years they've been friends, Te'o has never heard Tuiasosopo's falsetto "girl voice?" Not even once, not enough to make him suspect something?

These explanations don't explain anything.

OK, so let's run with the idea that Manti Te'o's buddy Ronaiah Tuiasosopo has the ability to pull off that falsetto voice. You're tell me that in all the years they've been friends, Te'o has never heard Tuiasosopo's falsetto "girl voice?" Not even once, not enough to make him suspect something?

These explanations don't explain anything.

He's gay. Just come out. It's OK.

Looking (sounding?) more and more likely all the time.

Knapplc, he's gay, right?

I think I can honestly say that's the most plausible scenario here.

I think so too. It's all coming back full circle to the gay theory. Kudos to those who stuck with and hammered that theory, becuase I had frankly givin up on it. I'm bettin it will come out that he's gay after he's drafted and a contract's signed. Te'o seems to be nothing more than an attention whore at this time.

Knapplc, he's gay, right?

I think I can honestly say that's the most plausible scenario here.

why kill 'her'? why lionize 'her' as his motivation and create a national, inspirational story?

I think those questions are a little easier to answer than "how did you talk to a woman for 1,000 phone calls and not know that it was a man (that you personally knew)?"

knapplc, Manti didn't really know Tuis that well I think. I think I read somewhere they met once or twice. Wanted to echo Guy's post for emphasis:

I know a couple people who've been catfished.

They weren't stupid people. They were both pretty damn smart.

But boy, did they want to believe the perfect stranger on the other side of the Internet was perfect. Life was just easier that way.

And the sick people (it often takes more than one) behind the scam knew exactly what they were doing.

Friends of the victims knew something smelled terribly wrong, but there was no convincing the lovelorn until the evidence was overwhelming and hugely embarrassing.

These were 35 - 45 year old women with bad relationship histories. Te'o is a young man who should have been able to score poon at the drop of his pants. The women were not famous, and were never asked to describe their relationship to the national press. So this was embarrassment on top of embarrassment.

I think it went down pretty much as Te'o describes, though he's obviously leaving out even more embarrassing parts.

And Tuiasosopo is an even sicker dude. That's the interview I want to hear.

Or maybe not. Just feels like time to move on.

All those voicemail links are broken. Anyone have a mirror? I wanna hear that falsetto, haha. That is truly incredible.

Ok, I found it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-euQ3OigQ

Ronaiah is good. Damn.

knapplc, Manti didn't really know Tuis that well I think. I think I read somewhere they met once or twice.

That's not supported by the original deadspin article:

Once high school ended, in 2008, Tuiasosopo threw himself into his father's church. Titus is the pastor at the Oasis Christian Church of the Antelope Valley, and Ronaiah leads the church's band. He also has his own little YouTube music career. He sings secular songs, with a cousin (Conan Amituanai, a former Arizona lineman whom the Vikings once signed), and religious songs, both
and as part of an ensemble. "Ignite," the lead single on the group's ReverbNation page, is a likable enough song. It borrows its chorus from Katy Perry's catchy "Firework." But the song only has 10 Facebook likes, a fairly low figure that seems especially low once one considers who plugged Tuiasosopo's single on Twitter in December 2011: Manti Te'o.

Te'o and Tuiasosopo definitely know each other. In May 2012, Te'o was retweeting Tuiasosopo, who had mentioned going to Hawaii. Wrote Te'o, "sole"—"bro," in Samoan—"u gotta come down." In June, Te'o wished Tuiasosopo a happy birthday. How they know each other isn't clear. We spoke to a woman we'll call Frieda, who had suggested on Twitter back in December that there was something fishy about Lennay Kekua. She was Facebook friends with Titus Tuiasosopo, so we asked her if she knew anything about Ronaiah.

"Manti and Ronaiah are family," she said, "or at least family friends." She told us that the Tuiasosopos had been on-field guests (of Te'o or someone else, she didn't know) for the Nov. 24 Notre Dame-USC game in Los Angeles. USC was unable to confirm this, but a tweet from Tuiasosopo's since-deleted account suggests he and Te'o did see each other on that West Coast trip. "Great night with my bro @MTeo_5! #Heisman #574L," Ronaiah tweeted on Nov. 23, the night before the game.

And there was something else: Tuiasosopo had been in a car accident a month before Lennay's supposed accident.

LINK

I don't know. Something about this story initially led me to think he's gay, but there's been nothing come out since that bolsters that theory. The only evidence that possibly supports it is that he covered up a relationship - and he could have done that for any one of 1,000 reasons.

:lol:

Or no one....