Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

But you're assuming they came up with it for national attention. I claim it was their little thing for whatever reason - joke on their friends or I'm still leaning toward covering something bigger - that they never anticipated would have to be defended from a national audience. It's only after the story got legs of it's own and everyone knew about it that they panicked and didn't know how to get out of it.

Even though Manti specifically talked about it to a national audience after that game in September? Was it even a "thing" before then?

Really, none of these explanations make sense. Equally plausible at this point:

• Te'o thought the girl was real, and really didn't ever meet her face-to-face
  • Te'o was duped by someone or a group of people, the practice being referred to as "catfishing" by the kids these days
  • Te'o fabricated the story, or helped fabricate the story, to cover up a gay relationship
  • Te'o fabricated the story, or helped fabricate the story, to bolster his Heisman campaign

• Te'o was duped by someone or a group of people, the practice being referred to as "catfishing" by the kids these days
  • Te'o fabricated the story, or helped fabricate the story, to cover up a gay relationship
  • Te'o fabricated the story, or helped fabricate the story, to bolster his Heisman campaign

with all these scenarios, he chose to make the relationship big news. it framed the story as the inspirational one we came to believe. if he was using it to cover something up or he actually never met her, why not keep it private? why not explain that he is a private person and would like to keep his relationship private? is that not more reasonable the saying you are 'committed' to a person, the 'love of his life', that he never met irl?

I could make this point 1000 times over and not get tired of how hilariously stupid AND simple it is:

In the fall, he described being in the same place at the same time with his dear Lennay. In real life. The kind of real life that's, you know...real.

This leaves you with two options:

1. He's one of the stupidest people you've ever heard of (for getting catfished so hard he allowed himself to be convinced "she saw him" in person but that he didn't see her.

2. He's one of the biggest jackasses you've ever heard of for intentionally hyping up a situation using national media attention to do so when he knew it was false.

Is it possible we'll never be 100% sure which one it is? Sure. But either way...

But you're assuming they came up with it for national attention. I claim it was their little thing for whatever reason - joke on their friends or I'm still leaning toward covering something bigger - that they never anticipated would have to be defended from a national audience. It's only after the story got legs of it's own and everyone knew about it that they panicked and didn't know how to get out of it.

Even though Manti specifically talked about it to a national audience after that game in September? Was it even a "thing" before then?

Yes. According to TIME's timeline that knapp referenced earlier:

Oct. 10, 2011: The first documented encounter between Te’o and Kekua occurs over Twitter when Te’o writes: “@lovalovaloveyou nice to meet u too ma’am.” According to Deadspin, all the avatars and pictures associated with Kekua’s Twitter account came from the Facebook and Instagram accounts of an unidentified 22-year-old woman from Torrance, Calif. and had been used without her knowledge. The woman and Tuiasosopo had been high school classmates.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/17/timeline-of-a-hoax-four-years-in-the-life-of-manti-teos-fake-relationship/#ixzz2Iq4jP7qM

i think the question we need to be asking ourselves, right now, is, 'do any of us really exist?'

It's been discussed...

I like to think that our entire universe is one massive dream being dreamt during a simple nap by some massive mind in a whole nother universe on the other side of time.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/61147-hb-misc-topic-bullsh-t-thread/page__st__300

Source provides ESPN's Jeremy Schaap with what source says are Manti Te'o's phone records from May-Sept.

BBURsE2CQAAHQWH.png

So in roughly 122 days, he had 110 sixty-minute conversations with "Lennay?" He called her EIGHT times per day?

Who the f*ck was he talking to?

Can I go back to my "gay" prediction?

Update, 3:25 EST: Apparently, ESPN doesn't have the actual phone records. They have "a spreadsheet" from their source, which claims it represents Te'o's phone records.

Nevermind, he is still just a liar, not gay.

1. If I meet female online, I'll keep up some form of contact, either by phone or online, and probably both, until I can arrange to meet her in person (and as fast as possible) to see if she's do-able. If I keep hearing bull$#!+ excuses as to why she can't meet, I'm through wasting my time. Even if I was duped, these contacts would come to an end probably in a month or two if I couldn't meet her.

2, To talk to somebody on the phone for more than an hour, you have really got to like that person.....I MEAN REALLY LIKE THAT PERSON......that's a lot of talking to someone special to enhance an image for a Heisman campaign.

3. I don't think Manti is lying about never meeting the girl......I think he's telling the truth about this......but I do think he met the person he talked to for hours on the phone during this time.....AND IT WASN'T A GIRL

3. I don't think Manti is lying about never meeting the girl......I think he's telling the truth about this......but I do think he met the person he talked to for hours on the phone during this time.....AND IT WASN'T A GIRL

You make a great case for this...considering that she's proven to not be real.

I still think he's gay :dunno

I can't find any other explanation that makes much sense.

I'm still not tossing this theory out. There's still just much more to this. Common sense says so. We wont know the full extent until we know the full extent.

If Tuis. has half a brain, he's lawyered up. If the lawyer has half a brain, he's telling Tui to STFU for a while lest he get sued by Teo or face trouble from the media. When Tuis talks, you can be assured that it will be just as carefully edited and prepped as Teo was.

1. He's one of the stupidest people you've ever heard of (for getting catfished so hard he allowed himself to be convinced "she saw him" in person but that he didn't see her.

How many people do college football players meet in a week?

i think the question we need to be asking ourselves, right now, is, 'do any of us really exist?'

Let's try this one. A woman under fabricates a story to get a man. Said man falls for it and they get married and now she has half of his money. Except the entire time she used her real name. Do you call that a hoax?

If Tuis. has half a brain, he's lawyered up. If the lawyer has half a brain, he's telling Tui to STFU for a while lest he get sued by Teo or face trouble from the media. When Tuis talks, you can be assured that it will be just as carefully edited and prepped as Teo was.

he has enough of a brain to dupe your boy and make him a national punchline. also, he did not break any laws, other than the laws of the heart. if anything, te'o's lawyers and agents are talking to tuis. to get te'o's story to jive with his and shift all blame and responsibility to tuis.

Let's try this one. A woman under fabricates a story to get a man. Said man falls for it and they get married and now she has half of his money. Except the entire time she used her real name. Do you call that a hoax?

what? i am not entirely sure what you mean, but i call that a situation that demands a pre-nup.