Greatest Special Teams Player in NU History

TGHusker

Johnny Rodgers, easy. Alex Henery is an easy #2 in my eyes. After that it's just a mumble jumble, because it's special teams.

I'd probably vote the same. The Jet easily #1. Henry #2.

Maher was on his way to this list but probably not after this year. AA started out great but that only lasted 3-4 games.

I'd say Groce and probably Kris Brown would make my top 5 but I'm not sure where to put the rest.

Was also gonna add Miles and Rigoni. Henery was probably my favorite of all time. Just cool as a cucumber. DeJuan Groce and Newcombe were probably the most fun to watch as far as returners go. I'd like to see Jamal Turner get the full time duties as PR for the rest of his career in addition to becoming a great wide receiver here. Watching the guy run with the football, you can see he just has that "vision" that makes some guys just a notch better than everyone else.

Jesse Kosch was a heck of a P (94-97).

did we punt at all in that time period? Maybe 1996. Santino Panico is seriously underated(sarcasm, but I would have loved to have this year), I guess because he was on less then average Nebraska teams. And really, who are some great wedge busters?

I can't find any stats on it, but in my not great memory Kyle Vanden Bosch blocked several field goals and extra points in his career.

Yes. In 1999. I know that he blocked 2 against Texas A&M alone. Then the next week against Kansas St, Alexander fumbles on the 1st play of the game (the fumbleitis year), defense holds 3 and out, and sure enough, Vandenbosch blocks another. Game was over from that point. He was incredible at that.

Man I miss those days when we had Newcombe, Groce, Joe Walker and Randy Stella returning kicks and punts. It added such excitement to the games. I remember being at the Texas Game in '02 when Groce returned the punt down inside the 10 yard line with less than a minute to go. I don't remember exactly how much time was left on the clock. The stadium absolutely exploded. One of my best experiences ever in memorial stadium. Of course you guys know the rest. Throw the ball away Jamal, throw it away!!! F@CK!

Man I miss those days when we had Newcombe, Groce, Joe Walker and Randy Stella returning kicks and punts. It added such excitement to the games. I remember being at the Texas Game in '02 when Groce returned the punt down inside the 10 yard line with less than a minute to go. I don't remember exactly how much time was left on the clock. The stadium absolutely exploded. One of my best experiences ever in memorial stadium. Of course you guys know the rest. Throw the ball away Jamal, throw it away!!! F@CK!

The half that were still there anyway. I remember that as well.

I don't remember the stadium emptying out. I know the section I was in was still full. People sure got up to leave fast after that interception though.

Half is an exageration of course. I bet about 25% left when Texas got up 27-17 with 4-5 minutes left. You know how the crowd can be. Hell, I admit my parents were two that left early. We get a score with about 2 minutes left, get a 3andout and then Groce gets the long return.