Oregon will name Frost OC

For those that want to see Frost at Nebraska someday, this is a really good step. Beck wants to be a head coach someday so if he leaves Frost would have some experience and may be a really good candidate.

I disagree. He didnt leave for us for an equal position the first time, why would he the second. Not to mention, if Helfrich has the same success (which isnt totally absurd to think), he could be gone in 3-4 years too, leaving Frost possible their unspoken coach in waiting.

I see what youre saying in "for those that want to see Frost at Nebraska someday", but I'm just being honest in believing that it just isnt gonna happen. I hope I would be wrong.

For those that want to see Frost at Nebraska someday, this is a really good step. Beck wants to be a head coach someday so if he leaves Frost would have some experience and may be a really good candidate.

I disagree. He didnt leave for us for an equal position the first time, why would he the second. Not to mention, if Helfrich has the same success (which isnt totally absurd to think), he could be gone in 3-4 years too, leaving Frost possible their unspoken coach in waiting.

Helfrich leaving would be interesting. It would be like one of us getting the Nebraska job and only staying for 3-4 years. He grew up a Ducks fan and his dad played for Oregon's freshmen team back in the day. If he got a job in the pros, sure, but no way he leaves for a lateral job.

I see what youre saying in "for those that want to see Frost at Nebraska someday", but I'm just being honest in believing that it just isnt gonna happen. I hope I would be wrong.

Maybe. Maybe not.

He wanted to be an OC. Perhaps he thought he had a quicker path to OC if he stayed there rather than came back.

I think he would be more attractive to Bo with some OC experience - especially if their offense continues like it has - but that would be another lateral move for him. Might end up having a lot to do with how both programs fare over the next couple years.