The guys coming in next year.. What is being said?

Comments about practice play of the redshirts.

http://journalstar.c...2cf2d127c6.html

I like the blend of athleticism and shooters in this class between the redshirts and future freshmen.

Thanks for posting that.

I had a buddy tell me that a guy who is at practice every day said "Pitchford is the best player to come to Nebraska in 5 years"

Take it for what its worth--this article says all the nice/coach speak type things...

I honestly see pitchford/petteway/biggs all starting next year... maybe go really small and start Webster and Gallegos as well. Not sure what we do at the 4. I think Pitchford plays the 5(undersized) unless Vucetic somehow puts on 60 pounds.

My assumption is this:

5- Pitchford/ Vucetic/Kurkowski

4- Shields/Rivers/Fuller

3- Petteway/Hawkins/Tyrance

2- Gallegos/Peltz/Richie

1- Biggs/Webster/Parker/Menke

This changes if they add Attewe and Thomas or one or the other. I think if we get both Thomas and Attewe(drooling)

We roll with this:

5- Pitchford/Attewe/Vucetic/Kurkowski

4- Thomas/ Rivers/Fuller

3- Petteway/Shields/Hawkins/Tyrance

2- Gallegos/Shields/Peltz/Richie

I think you see Fuller and Hawkins redshirt... possibly.

Lots of tweeners... Attewe probably more of a 4... petteway more of a 4.. Shields is more of a 3--webster is a mix of 1/2.

Few guys who get pushed out of playing time because of this: Parker, Peltz, Rivers

Nah I have to disagree a little

At the beginning of the year the starting lineup will be

1. Biggs or Webster (whoever wins out) most likely Biggs because he has the experience

2. Ray with the loser of Biggs/Webster matchup being the 6th kman

3. Pettaway getting the big minutes.. Rivers will get time between 3 and 4

4. Shields.. Money in the bank with that one with Rivers plays a key role here,

5. Honestly up in the air, depends what kind of lineup we go with but Vucetic will start it out.

I dont get how you can say Vucetic will start? The kid hasnt seen any time this year... Honestly him and Kurkowski look like the same type of player.

Just because of the offense we play. If we want fast paced offense like what Indiana runs I can see Pitchford starting but if we run the offense that Wisconsin run, which we have been doing we will most likely be playing a bruiser in Vucetic. In all honesty I hope it is Pitchford because I like his tempo more but I just am not sure what we will do.

I chuckle when I see Kurkowski mentioned on message boards. I understand most of you guys have never seen him play and he's one of only a few big guys, but I promise you Kye will not see PT next year. He won't even be on the team if Miles signs two bigs this spring.

I dont actually think he ever sees the court.. I am just saying him and vucetic look very similar.

Comments about practice play of the redshirts.

http://journalstar.c...2cf2d127c6.html

I like the blend of athleticism and shooters in this class between the redshirts and future freshmen.

Thanks for posting that.

I had a buddy tell me that a guy who is at practice every day said "Pitchford is the best player to come to Nebraska in 5 years"

Take it for what its worth--this article says all the nice/coach speak type things...

I honestly see pitchford/petteway/biggs all starting next year... maybe go really small and start Webster and Gallegos as well. Not sure what we do at the 4. I think Pitchford plays the 5(undersized) unless Vucetic somehow puts on 60 pounds.

My assumption is this:

5- Pitchford/ Vucetic/Kurkowski

4- Shields/Rivers/Fuller

3- Petteway/Hawkins/Tyrance

2- Gallegos/Peltz/Richie

This changes if they add Attewe and Thomas or one or the other. I think if we get both Thomas and Attewe(drooling)

We roll with this:

5- Pitchford/Attewe/Vucetic/Kurkowski

4- Thomas/ Rivers/Fuller

3- Petteway/Shields/Hawkins/Tyrance

2- Gallegos/Shields/Peltz/Richie

I think you see Fuller and Hawkins redshirt... possibly.

Lots of tweeners... Attewe probably more of a 4... petteway more of a 4.. Shields is more of a 3--webster is a mix of 1/2.

Few guys who get pushed out of playing time because of this: Parker, Peltz, Rivers

Nah I have to disagree a little

At the beginning of the year the starting lineup will be

1. Biggs or Webster (whoever wins out) most likely Biggs because he has the experience

2. Ray with the loser of Biggs/Webster matchup being the 6th kman

3. Pettaway getting the big minutes.. Rivers will get time between 3 and 4

4. Shields.. Money in the bank with that one with Rivers plays a key role here,

5. Honestly up in the air, depends what kind of lineup we go with but Vucetic will start it out.

I dont get how you can say Vucetic will start? The kid hasnt seen any time this year... Honestly him and Kurkowski look like the same type of player.

Just because of the offense we play. If we want fast paced offense like what Indiana runs I can see Pitchford starting but if we run the offense that Wisconsin run, which we have been doing we will most likely be playing a bruiser in Vucetic. In all honesty I hope it is Pitchford because I like his tempo more but I just am not sure what we will do.

I think we do this mostly to limit possessions and keep the game closer. Currently this roster does't have the athletes to get up and down the floor with teams in this conference. This could very well change though in the coming years if Miles gets some athletes.

Pitchford is nowhere near a bruiser, but he's much closer than Vucetic.

Pitchford is 10x stronger than vucetic, and I have no idea how you can call v a bruiser. He weighs like 170. If he doesnt get drastically better we will be playing pitchford and a forward centered game. He is just not good.

I have seen pitchford twice now at the rec, and all i can say is that he is an athletic freak, and probably throws down some of the biggest dunks I have ever witnessed.

I have seen pitchford twice now at the rec, and all i can say is that he is an athletic freak, and probably throws down some of the biggest dunks I have ever witnessed.

:D

We will run if we can rebound. Need dominant rebounders to do that though. I think we will be a mid-scoring type team next year. (70's) Kurkowski will be scout team if we sign some more post players. He will always be on the team unless he chooses not to be.....

We will run if we can rebound. Need dominant rebounders to do that though. I think we will be a mid-scoring type team next year. (70's) Kurkowski will be scout team if we sign some more post players. He will always be on the team unless he chooses not to be.....

If pitchford can get good position, I think we will be a much better rebounding team next year. We will be lengthy and Miles will GATA if they dont attack the boards. I'm telling you, this Pitchford kid will amaze you. Him and who I believe might have been a track athlete, maybe basketball, never seen him before though....anyways, they were having an insane dunk contest. Pitchford was trying to see how far above the rim he could get his chin.

I think everyone agrees that the athleticism on this team next year is going to take a huge jump. I'm enjoying watching these kids this year because I think they are working their butts off for Coach Miles. And, I have no clue what our record is going to be next year, but it is going to be a totally different team to watch.

All speculation of course, but I'd argue that anything less than 6 more wins (minimum) will be disappointing. That should at least get us in some form of post-season play.....

If pitchford can get good position, I think we will be a much better rebounding team next year. We will be lengthy and Miles will GATA if they dont attack the boards. I'm telling you, this Pitchford kid will amaze you. Him and who I believe might have been a track athlete, maybe basketball, never seen him before though....anyways, they were having an insane dunk contest. Pitchford was trying to see how far above the rim he could get his chin.

Yikes! Really good to hear about the hop! Hope he doesn't have a close shave!

Solid thread Minnesota_Husker, much appreciated.

I'm wildly optimistic about Miles. We sit about three rows behind the opposing bench, so we can actually hear what Miles is saying sometimes. (And that generally means he's angry, because that only occurs when he's yelling.) :lol: The guy is likeable, you can just tell people respond to him. But he also lays into our guys when they aren't putting out the effort they need to be, and I really, really like that about him.

Landing a 4-star PG is a big deal. Getting transfers in like the kid from Florida bodes well for the type of athlete Miles seems to be able to get to at least consider coming here. I think we'll be a middle level conference team next year that might be annoyingly troublesome for some of the blue bloods in our incredibly stout conference.

And Shields is a scrappy little bastard. He's made HUGE strides, from watching him against USC to seeing him basically single handedly inject enthusiasm into a sluggish NU lineup in our loss to Purdue. That kid has a lot of potential I think, but even more importantly, he CARES about winning. A guy like that who brings positive passion is infectious...the team around that guy starts to get energized too. (I think the same can happen with a player full of negative passion that involves yelling at teammates and complaining constantly...to a detrimental effect, obviously.) We're going to improve next year, but I really think (hope is maybe more apt) that in two or maybe three years, we'll be a team that can compete in and win whenever we take the court. (Disclaimer: I'm an unapologetic optimist, but I think there is some arguable evidence to support it.)

• Fire 1