Who does not redshirt?

Based on the running back management of 2011, you'd think both Taylor and Newby will get playing time.

I sure hope not.

The RB position with Ameer and Imani is two-deep and they are, respectively, a junior and a sophomore. Unless one of them get hurt, then you redshirt both Taylor and Newby. That way, the two freshman get acclimated, get stronger, learn the blocking schemes as redshirts and then the next year the distribution of RB's will be ideal (where we then would have a senior, a junior, and two freshman).

By all means, redshirt both RB's unless there is an injury. Or, if Cross turns out to be a role player only (just short yardage) then redshirt one of the two freshman and let the other back up Ameer.

Agree 100%. Don't cash in all of your chips unless you need to. Bo needs to "Know when to hold them". One of them may become another "Heard" - disappointed about playing time. This past year I would have rather us given Heard more touches and redshirting Cross ( I believe Cross was a true fresh - correct??).

• Fire 1

Really don't want to see both frosh backs play this season. Not saying any of the current or signed players is in the "it's all about me mode" but I feel like such a crowded backfield (that will stay crowded next year as well) could really wear on the confidence of younger guys, a la Aaron Green and, to an extent, Heard. Play one, redshirt the other.

With Ameers fumble problem and slight build, my guess is we use both true frosh RBs this year. B1G football is brutal and we saw last year how valuable it was to have 4 RBs capable of handling the position.

Ameer, Cross and Adams or Newby should be more than enough with a mix of Janovich and Marrow back there as well. Burning both Fresman's RS would be a waste. Its going to be hard enough for Beck to get 2 kids the ball let alone 3, then your talking about 4... Why do you think they were trying to get Heard on the field more at WR? One or both will be RS'ed I can almost guarantee that.

I understand your point and let me start by saying that I hope we have the luxury of shirting one of them. I just think that one or both of them beat out Imani on the depth chart. I think Adam gives you a power back with more elusiveness than Cross. And I think Newbys play will be too loud to ignore maybe a big year on returns as well. All that said, i don't consider Ameers a 25 carry workhorse like Rex. I'd love to see our RBs get 40-50 rushes a game and limit Taylor's exposure in the run game. I know it's an explosive element of our offense but if we can get back to dominating the LOS and with our stable of backs, That too would cut down on Taylor's fumbling.

Ameer, Cross and Adams or Newby should be more than enough with a mix of Janovich and Marrow back there as well. Burning both Fresman's RS would be a waste. Its going to be hard enough for Beck to get 2 kids the ball let alone 3, then your talking about 4... Why do you think they were trying to get Heard on the field more at WR? One or both will be RS'ed I can almost guarantee that.

I understand your point and let me start by saying that I hope we have the luxury of shirting one of them. I just think that one or both of them beat out Imani on the depth chart. I think Adam gives you a power back with more elusiveness than Cross. And I think Newbys play will be too loud to ignore maybe a big year on returns as well. All that said, i don't consider Ameers a 25 carry workhorse like Rex. I'd love to see our RBs get 40-50 rushes a game and limit Taylor's exposure in the run game. I know it's an explosive element of our offense but if we can get back to dominating the LOS and with our stable of backs, That too would cut down on Taylor's fumbling.

Cross is not going to be an easy guy to beat out. I think we just got a glimpse or a taste of what he can actually do. The only thing I would add to that, is I don't think Taylor will want to limit his exposure in the run game. We will have depth behind him, it is his Senior year and he is going to want to be Heisman worthy. The only way for this to happen, is with his feet. I think he will be smarter, and the defense is going to have to be accountable for a set of RB's, Taylor running or a play action. I don't think there is an NFL career for Taylor, but he has stated that he will be running harder than before, because we have that depth. Maybe see the attitude he had carry over from the Georgia game and his willingness to run people over like his RS Freshman year.

The problem i have with this staff is that they burn red shirts early in the year in garbage time, but come late in the year during crunch time, these kids make it on to milk cartons.

Not trying to argue, I just am wondering who you are talking about.

I'm curious about this as well. I can't come up with any examples. I wasn't a fan of Cross "burning" his redshirt last year but he did get carries throughout the season.

The problem i have with this staff is that they burn red shirts early in the year in garbage time, but come late in the year during crunch time, these kids make it on to milk cartons.

I'm curious about this as well. I can't come up with any examples. I wasn't a fan of Cross "burning" his redshirt last year but he did get carries throughout the season.

Curry's redshirt was going to be burned before the injury, and his playing time was slowing significantly.... I guess maybe Heard his frosh year. I don't think it has been an ongoing problem at all.....

Really don't want to see both frosh backs play this season. Not saying any of the current or signed players is in the "it's all about me mode" but I feel like such a crowded backfield (that will stay crowded next year as well) could really wear on the confidence of younger guys, a la Aaron Green and, to an extent, Heard. Play one, redshirt the other.

With Ameers fumble problem and slight build, my guess is we use both true frosh RBs this year. B1G football is brutal and we saw last year how valuable it was to have 4 RBs capable of handling the position.

How many fumbles did Ameer have this year if you take out punt returns?

Quincy Enunwa is another other obvious one. I think he only played in one or two games his freshman year. A-Rod you could make the case should have redshirted. There really aren't that many. Bondi I think redshirted last year and played a very small amount the year before. But either way he ends up a RS Soph this season so that's kind of moot I guess.

Quincy Enunwa is another other obvious one. I think he only played in one or two games his freshman year. A-Rod you could make the case should have redshirted. There really aren't that many. Bondi I think redshirted last year and played a very small amount the year before. But either way he ends up a RS Soph this season so that's kind of moot I guess.

2010 (Freshman)

Enunwa played in 10 games as a true freshman, including each of the final five contests.

I would like to think that we could afford to redshirt our D-tackles but after last year who knows. Maybe if Williams puts on some weight and really steps up and McMullen moves to DT.

I also would like to see a lot of the LBs and DBs redshirt, but I have a feeling we are really going to be looking to get these guys' speed and athleticism on our special teams at the least. I would be nice to see the likes of Martinez, Gerry, Banderas and Newby running down to cover kicks and punts. Not to mention Afalava. I can't wait to see that. I think he is going to be our next Eric Martin on kick-offs.

2010 (Freshman)

Enunwa played in 10 games as a true freshman, including each of the final five contests.

How much of that was on special teams? Its harder to keep an eye on those guys. He had one catch for 10 yards. Still think he could have redshirted.

• Fire 1

Miller

Gregory

Mixon may play if Ankrah moves inside.

Taylor

Kondolo

Finnin

Collins

Love has a shot as he is here for spring ball.

Singleton

Gerry

Hart

(This list is not saying who the best guys are rather it's the guys that I think are already physically mature and are at positions that are thin. There are guys who may redshirt who I think have really high upside but just need more time to mature. IMHO Taylor, Natter, Suttles Knevel etc...