Hypothetical 2013 B1G Championship & MNC

QMany

After getting riled up with hatred for Urban Meyer, I got a little excited thinking about the chance of beating him in Indianapolis next December.

Undefeated tOSU.

Nebraska with one loss to Michigan/UCLA.

Does the winner play in the MNC?

Obviously tOSU would. What are Nebraska's odds?

If there is an udefeated PAC12 or SEC champion, Nebraska's chances are zero to play in the National Championship.

Obviously if there is Pac12 and SEC champion undefeated, we wouldn't go.

You have to think a one-loss Nebraska beating an undefeated Ohio State would do well in polls over a Pac12 one-loss.

First off, we need to eliminate those ugly games we've been having. I would be happy with another 10-4 season if the four losses were all in tightly contested games. I will always dream of the Huskers winning them all and winning the national title, but, for now, just staying out of those ugly games like Ohio State and Wisconsin (the second time) is the real priority.

If there is an udefeated PAC12 or SEC champion, Nebraska's chances are zero to play in the National Championship.

Obviously if there is Pac12 and SEC champion undefeated, we wouldn't go.

You have to think a one-loss Nebraska beating an undefeated Ohio State would do well in polls over a Pac12 one-loss.

Yeah I read that faster than I comprehended it. I think the pecking order for 1 loss National Championship teams is SEC, B1G, Big XII, PAC12, ACC. It's only an opinion, of course.

Next year, I'll be happy wt the CC. I think the persception out there is that a one loss NU is not as good (because of the perception of the Big 10 strength) as a one loss Oregon or Stanford, Big 12 champ, or a one loss - any SEC. We'd have to run the table to get in it and hope the PAC, Big 12, and SEC champs aren't all undefeated.

Wouldn't this be the 2013 B1G Championship?

Why can't we be undefeated too.....

Sorry, typo. Thanks.

Well of course, going undefeated would be a good plan. Going to Ann Arbor won't be easy. Just got me thinking.

Its long time until the Spring Game.

It sickens me that I may have to root for tOSU to run the tables in the regular season to give the B1G the best shot at getting in the MNC.

As long as Urban Meyer is there, I will never root for Ohio St..... That arrogant bastard; who does he think he is planning on instructing other coaches on how to recruit? Given the competitive spirit of other coaches, I doubt it will go over well.... Maybe a Pelini head-butt, followed by Hoke sitting on him....

I figure we might have a good chance.

Say it was similar to this year:

• Alabama beats Georgia/Florida in the SEC Championship. The other East team has one loss but didn't play in a conference championship.
  • One loss Stanford beats a 3-4 loss UCLA team in Pac12 Championship.
  • One loss Nebraska beats an undefeated tOSU in B1G Championship.
  • One loss Oklahoma with no Big XII Championship.

Who goes?

I think Nebraska.

:koolaid2:

It sickens me that I may have to root for tOSU to run the tables in the regular season to give the B1G the best shot at getting in the MNC.

As long as Urban Meyer is there, I will never root for Ohio St..... That arrogant bastard; who does he think he is planning on instructing other coaches on how to recruit? Given the competitive spirit of other coaches, I doubt it will go over well.... Maybe a Pelini head-butt, followed by Hoke sitting on him....

Yeah. I don't believe anyone is going to usher him in to "teach" them how to recruit. I could see them learning how he develops them, though. Even Osborne did that with Bobby Bowden.

Say what you will about Meyer, though. He has made the B1G tougher and more competitive. Coaches took notice of what he did last year with flipping recruits from other B1G schools late in the process. I do not believe I saw any of that this year. Even Nebraska had more verbals early in the season prior to the year before. That was not by accident. These coaches have recognized they have to do way more now.

We could go undefeated as well and it could be for a chance to go to that game. I really don't think we'll lose to Michigan or UCLA next season, JMO.

These away conference games just scare me. It took some really spirited second half comebacks to beat MSU and NW. Other than that, we haven't beat anyone away (OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, B1G Championship game).