Head of Husker Recruiting Candidates

KickThePig

Rodger is too busy running marathons now.

Pretty sure a check starting with a 1 or 2 proceeded by 6 zero's could free up his calander. I know money is not really a problem for him, but a big check & working with a Program that he loves could go a long way into bring him in.

$ 0000002 ? ;)

Joke's on you. Youre thinking of PREceeded. :rickjames

Could be. But I don't think you can "proceed by".

pro·ceed

/prəˈsēd/

Verb

• Begin or continue a course of action: "proceed with the investigation".
  • Move forward, esp. after reaching a certain point: "the ship proceeded to Milwaukee".

Synonyms

continue - go on - progress - go - act

I dont know. I think it can be interpretted that a 2 can be proceeded by zeros to create a desired figure.

I posted this on another site, but I would love to see Roger Craig. Nothing like having a guy with three Super Bowl rings, four Pro Bowls, knows California, is in marketing & loves the Huskers, to be the face of your recruiting. Pretty sure when he walks into any recruits house they will listen.

I would agree with that!

To be honest. I don't even know if this person needs to be from the Husker family. Bringing on a guy like Jon Gruden would do wonders. There are so many options & if the program is willing to really open up its check book the sky is the limit. You can offer a guy like Jon Gruden a $1MM base salary, $20M bonus for each 5 star player & $15M for each 4 star player. Then on top of that give a $500M bonus for a top 5 class & $250M for a top 10. They could live anywhere & still be able to perform this job. You put a solid staff behind him & really all he has to do is make about 30 trips to recruits houses, a few trips to Lincoln & spend a couple of hours a day on the phone talking & texting recruits. The staff of scouts can find the players, office people can setup the meetings & travel. There really is no limit on what can be done under this new recruiting program.

To be honest. I don't even know if this person needs to be from the Husker family. Bringing on a guy like Jon Gruden would do wonders. There are so many options & if the program is willing to really open up its check book the sky is the limit. You can offer a guy like Jon Gruden a $1MM base salary, $20M bonus for each 5 star player & $15M for each 4 star player. Then on top of that give a $500M bonus for a top 5 class & $250M for a top 10. They could live anywhere & still be able to perform this job. You put a solid staff behind him & really all he has to do is make about 30 trips to recruits houses, a few trips to Lincoln & spend a couple of hours a day on the phone talking & texting recruits. The staff of scouts can find the players, office people can setup the meetings & travel. There really is no limit on what can be done under this new recruiting program.

yea thats alot of money! if you paid somebody that much money and they had the recruiting class Bama had this year the university would be paying them upwards of $750 million for one recruiting class! that is completely out of the question in my mind. Nu's athletic department could not afford something like that

Alabama took the guy we needed to hire in Kevin Steele.

Jay Norvell would be a great hire but I don't think he'd want to not be a coach.

Tim Albin would be very solid.

Ron Zook would be good.

Joe Rudolph would be great.

Jim Tressel would be a home run.

Another option is to move Els to Head recruiter and hire another linebacker coach.

Another name that is likely a no go but I'll throw it out anyways is our old pal Marvin Sanders.

Kevin Steele would have been great, but he is a southern guy. Doesn't really like being up here with all us yankees. :lol:

I think the big questions is how much money are you willing to pay this RC. What is Steele making at Alabama? Zook would be good but what would he work for?

I think there are a lot of great guys that could do a great job, but what will they work for?

I don't think the present staff will let go of the reigns enough to bring in someone who would take so much $$$ to blow in kids ears. I think the staff probably has a good idea of their projected needs year by year (tweaked now and then due to things that come up). Not saying that getting someone who could draw in the 5 star recruits wouldn't pay off but as we have seen, Bo likes staff who see things as he does or those willing to conform to his thought process. :bat

Alabama took the guy we needed to hire in Kevin Steele.

Jay Norvell would be a great hire but I don't think he'd want to not be a coach.

Tim Albin would be very solid.

Ron Zook would be good.

Joe Rudolph would be great.

Jim Tressel would be a home run.

Another option is to move Els to Head recruiter and hire another linebacker coach.

Another name that is likely a no go but I'll throw it out anyways is our old pal Marvin Sanders.

Kevin Steele would have been great, but he is a southern guy. Doesn't really like being up here with all us yankees. :lol:

I think the big questions is how much money are you willing to pay this RC. What is Steele making at Alabama? Zook would be good but what would he work for?

I think there are a lot of great guys that could do a great job, but what will they work for?

I think Zook would be a great chioce "if", like you said

I'll take that job :)

but to be truthful; I was born and raised in Lincoln :dunno

GBR

yea thats alot of money! if you paid somebody that much money and they had the recruiting class Bama had this year the university would be paying them upwards of $750 million for one recruiting class! that is completely out of the question in my mind. Nu's athletic department could not afford something like that

FYI MM=Million & M=Thousands. Sorry I was in work mode & that is the abreviations used in finance.