Spring Practice Updates

I'd rather get banned for three days than... Oh wait. I could just put him on ignore. I'm too immature for that though.

Hedley, you are a very annoying individual.

I know how to hurt peoples' feelings with the best of them.

Attack the post not the poster. Feel free to go to the shed with this post.

HAHA!! Hedleys' been on a roll lately with calling people out. That's funny stuff right there.

I know the BTN guys will be at practice today. Anyone know if they will be airing anything?

That is cool. Thank you for sharing that info. I would much rather read posts like this than people arguing back and forth about complete nonsense.

I'd rather read posts that have an "answer" to the question he asked........

:cheers

edit: didn't realize I WAS on post #666. No wonder the board has been messed up, sorry my bad!

Well, I know the answer now. It will be shown Monday for their football show...I don't remember the name of the show.

Big Ten Football Report

Thanks all. just bustin' the hangy downs, nebinwi

• Fire 3

lol

but Gerry DiNardo spoke really highly of our defense last year during spring ball. So I'm a bit leery of his sunshine pumping this time around.

A lot of his talk was also around Randle, Valentine, Moss and Peat Jr, which all unfortunately suffered injuries. Had they all been healthy (as they were when he was there), he could have been correct.

***Bo Pelini said that tomorrow's practice, the final one before Nebraska gets 10 days off for spring break, will consist solely of a scrimmage and will almost be like a game. Receiver Jamal Turner said this will provide a game-day type atmosphere for the younger players and give them a taste of what Saturdays will be like in the fall.

***The NU coaches have given players detailed workouts for their time away on spring break. Pelini said that while he plans to give most of the coaches a few days off, he still plans to spend much of his time working.

***Cole Pensick said that he, Mark Pelini, Paul Thurston and Scott Criss are working at center right now.

***Avery Moss missed practice again, so Greg McMullen was working with the ones for the second time this week.

***Taylor Martinez said he won't get much of a spring break because he plans to spend most of his time working with coach Steve Calhoun, who he's spent extensive time working with in the past.

***Martinez also said that running back Imani Cross has looked good as the offense's No. 1 back. He said that Cross greatly improved his speed over the winter and the speed difference with him in the lineup isn't very noticeable.

***Martinez said that up to this point, he has been held out of any live scrimmaging but hopes the coaches will let him go during Friday's scrimmage.

***Turner said that, thanks to his increased understanding of the offense, he's been practicing at all the receiver positions this spring.

***Wide receiver Brion Carnes and and tight end David Sutton were among the Huskers that didn't practice Wednesday. Ryne Reeves, who suffered a lower leg injury earlier this spring, was riding around

on a motorized cart.

***The Big Ten Network's Gerry DiNardo was at practice Wednesday, the second stop on his spring Big Ten tour after visiting Northwestern. He said that from what he can tell, it's becoming more and more common for schools to break their spring practice apart with spring break like Nebraska is doing this year.

On DiNardo's Twitter feed following the practice, he was very complimentary of the offensive line. "O Line was very impressive. They have 2 do a lot in the scheme and have to be athletic and they r" read the first tweet, which was followed by this one:"J. Cotton much improved based on today's practice, 2 early 2 tell but this could be best O-Line in the B1G".

***Martinez also said that running back Imani Cross has looked good as the offense's No. 1 back. He said that Cross greatly improved his speed over the winter and the speed difference with him in the lineup isn't very noticeable.

chuckleshuffle:ahhhhhhhh:horns2

Why doesn't this surprise me? A faster Imani, that is close to Martinez's speed, who hits a hole like a freight train, is the last thing the B1G needs!

chuckleshuffle:ahhhhhhhh:horns2

Why doesn't this surprise me? A faster Imani, that is close to Martinez's speed, who hits a hole like a freight train, is the last thing the B1G needs!

I don't think he meant Imani was as nearly as fast as him. Lol Martinez is one of the fastest guys in the country and nothing against Imani but he won't ever be in that league