Spring Practice Updates

... because I'm cool finagling a Med Red for Stanton SEC-style.

Oh man, Tommy as a Sophomore-Junior-Senior and then Stanton as a Junior-Senior. We'd be set until 2019!

Enough time for Bubba Starling to fizzle out of baseball and finally get to Lincoln to suit up, eh?

Oh man, Tommy as a Sophomore-Junior-Senior and then Stanton as a Junior-Senior. We'd be set until 2019!

Incorrect math. Tommy is going to be a redshirt freshman in 2013. Stanton is going to be a true freshman. Even if he redshirts, which he probably will, next year Tommy will be a sophomore, while Johnny is still a redshirt freshman. Only one year difference between the two.

Enough time for Bubba Starling to fizzle out of baseball and finally get to Lincoln to suit up, eh?

kool-aid-guy-11.gif

• Fire 2

Incorrect math. Tommy is going to be a redshirt freshman in 2013. Stanton is going to be a true freshman. Even if he redshirts, which he probably will, next year Tommy will be a sophomore, while Johnny is still a redshirt freshman. Only one year difference between the two.

Yeah, I know. That is what I mentioned that a few posts earlier.

I meant it would be AWESOME if he could redshirt as a freshman and then get him a Med Red.

The more I read about Spring Practice, and I know its still way early, the more excited I get about the 2013 season. The Program that is Nebraska Football is teaching boys how to become men. You can see it in their eyes, the way they talk. I know not a lot it being said to the media, but it's not "I am, I am gonna, I will.." Its "We". The only I that I have seen is "How will I work to the best of my abilities to help the team".

Nebraska's defense is rising to the challenge of Bo Pelini and their expectations, and they may surpass them too. 2013 could/should be a rebirth in my opinion and I would love to be right, of the 1983 Scoring Explosion. The major difference could be a Defense to back it up. Call it what you want. Too much Kool Aid, wishful thinking or whatever. But I am supporting this Cornhusker Team with pride for where they have been, and what they are about to become.

I used to get that way every spring for years and years but have learned to ignore that feeling after too much coach-speak, spring game stars who never see the field in the fall, and bluster from bored journalists. I actually do feel that this year is going to be a really good one, but don't read too much into spring practice reports.

Oh...what the hell...I used to feel the way you did and then I realized it is a lot more fun to get excited and overly optimistic. To me, that is part of being a fan. So, I throw caution to the wind and eat it all up.

I'm pumped for next year!!!!

The Gifford kid from LSE was on our local sports talk show (Doug & Daddy of Kearney). He attended the scrimmage last night. Said Imani Cross was really impressive. Was very vast. Supposedly dropped 20 pounds, but didnt appear to have. Also said the defense was impressive as well. Was tons faster and more athletic as a whole than last year's.

The more I read about Spring Practice, and I know its still way early, the more excited I get about the 2013 season. The Program that is Nebraska Football is teaching boys how to become men. You can see it in their eyes, the way they talk. I know not a lot it being said to the media, but it's not "I am, I am gonna, I will.." Its "We". The only I that I have seen is "How will I work to the best of my abilities to help the team".

Nebraska's defense is rising to the challenge of Bo Pelini and their expectations, and they may surpass them too. 2013 could/should be a rebirth in my opinion and I would love to be right, of the 1983 Scoring Explosion. The major difference could be a Defense to back it up. Call it what you want. Too much Kool Aid, wishful thinking or whatever. But I am supporting this Cornhusker Team with pride for where they have been, and what they are about to become.

I used to get that way every spring for years and years but have learned to ignore that feeling after too much coach-speak, spring game stars who never see the field in the fall, and bluster from bored journalists. I actually do feel that this year is going to be a really good one, but don't read too much into spring practice reports.

Oh...what the hell...I used to feel the way you did and then I realized it is a lot more fun to get excited and overly optimistic. To me, that is part of being a fan. So, I throw caution to the wind and eat it all up.

ioRFPn5.png

Somebody call me??

You're probably more exciting to hang around with than I am. :nanalama

has anyone heard how the scrimmage went last night? Injuries?

Same question - there was a 100-play scrimmage yesterday, right? I haven't seen a report anywhere.

There isn't going to be reports. It was a closed scrimmage.

The Gifford kid from LSE was on our local sports talk show (Doug & Daddy of Kearney). He attended the scrimmage last night. Said Imani Cross was really impressive. Was very vast. Supposedly dropped 20 pounds, but didnt appear to have. Also said the defense was impressive as well. Was tons faster and more athletic as a whole than last year's.

I threw this out a bit ago. It's not much, but it's more than I've found so far.

I highly doubt either Armstrong or Stanton will ever change positions. We need depth at QB with the way our QBs are utilized in this offense. It's fast paced and physical, which (knock on wood) is a recipe for injuries. Depth depth depth

100% TA won't ever switch...Kid is the TRUTH