Spring Practice Updates

Gerry is ready to see the field as a true freshman body wise.....ran the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.94

6.39 is the world record for the 60 meter dash.

Someone know how to convert the 60 meter to 40 yard dash?

Well, 40 yards is equivalent to 36.576 meters. It's proportionate so 6.94s/60m=Xs/36.576m. That's a 4.23 40 yard dash. That's pretty fast.

But as said before, it's not totally accurate. Longer distance spent at top speed in comparison to acceleration as compared to a 40.

nerds.gif

• Fire 1

Gerry is ready to see the field as a true freshman body wise.....ran the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.94

Well, 40 yards is equivalent to 36.576 meters. It's proportionate so 6.94s/60m=Xs/36.576m. That's a 4.23 40 yard dash. That's pretty fast.

But as said before, it's not totally accurate. Longer distance spent at top speed in comparison to acceleration as compared to a 40.

Oh, so you're an accountant. Now your username makes sense.

Oh, so you're an accountant. Now your username makes sense.

Wrong.

Self-proclaimed math wizard.

Dont let Hedley see this kids arms! It would turn this thread into a complete sh!tstorm!

No complaints here, kid works his back side off. His build and physique don't throw up red flags like the other player you are thinking of in regards to me.

I am still a little concerned about the offense, against quality teams. IE Ohio State and UCLA. We were not able to put up huge amounts of points and there is always the thought Ohio State and Wisconsin were far enough ahead that less than starters were playing when we scored some of the points we did.

We were only down 4 points 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter, and down 10 points halfway through the 3rd quarter against Ohio State. So no, that argument is invalid. Wisconsin sure, but we all know that.

Dont let Hedley see this kids arms! It would turn this thread into a complete sh!tstorm!

No complaints here, kid works his back side off. His build and physique don't throw up red flags like the other player you are thinking of in regards to me.

Just out of curiosity, who are you talking about?

Just out of curiosity, who are you talking about?

Carl Lawson

274296.jpg

274296.jpg

that's a HS kid? I guess I can see where Hedley was coming from now...

Because its not possible for him to built like that naturally or off of legal supplements?

I just can't wait to see what we can produce, on both sides of the ball come fall. Alonzo Moore and Westerkamp should be quite impressive, and as for the DL, I think it could become a solid position. With Nickens, or one of the incoming freshman, we should be much better than last year. LB crew, I think talent will over due the lack of experience.

We just need to let our secondary do its job, rather than doing their job, while being accountable for the run, like last year. Had we had an average DL and LB crew, we would have seen a stiffer secondary defense, and more INT's. I think average is all we need, and I do believe we will be above that. Top 10, maybe not, but I do believe top 30, if not 25 rush defense.

274296.jpg

Because its not possible for him to built like that naturally or off of legal supplements?

I just can't wait to see what we can produce, on both sides of the ball come fall. Alonzo Moore and Westerkamp should be quite impressive, and as for the DL, I think it could become a solid position. With Nickens, or one of the incoming freshman, we should be much better than last year. LB crew, I think talent will over due the lack of experience.

We just need to let our secondary do its job, rather than doing their job, while being accountable for the run, like last year. Had we had an average DL and LB crew, we would have seen a stiffer secondary defense, and more INT's. I think average is all we need, and I do believe we will be above that. Top 10, maybe not, but I do believe top 30, if not 25 rush defense.

Top 30 in overall defense? I would take that in a heart beat. My hope is a top 40 defense. If they can accomplish that with as much youth and experience that would be back for the 2014 season, the defense should be trending up. But it is way to early to look at that way as we need to see what the new guys can get done and how much they improve throughout the season.

274296.jpg

Top 30 in overall defense? I would take that in a heart beat. My hope is a top 40 defense. If they can accomplish that with as much youth and experience that would be back for the 2014 season, the defense should be trending up. But it is way to early to look at that way as we need to see what the new guys can get done and how much they improve throughout the season.

A top 30 defense is a definite possibility, especially because we are playing some sub-par offenses this season. I would not be shocked one bit if we cracked the top 25 at the end of the year in overall team defense.

The only offenses that can/will put some substantial yardage on us are UCLA, & Northwestern. Michigan is moving more towards a WCO offense, MSU is without Le'Veon Bell, Iowa is Iowa, Minnesota is Minnesota, Illinois is a maybe depending on Scheelhasse, Purdue didn't have a strong offense last year, Penn State is an unknown with a new QB, and Wyoming/Southern Miss are not very good teams.