Spring Practice Updates

its not like they are scrimmaging. why have 11 guys working at a time? especially going thru the motion type stuff. most college coaches are looking under rocks for more time with their players.

I remember when Jason Peter talked about NOBODY ever standing around at practices. as in zero players.

granted, it probably is the end of practice... but still. looks like dudes on the sidelines have better stuff to do.

That was game prep, not "practice", the rest of the team is on the sideline like they would be in a game. This is super common, they are simulating the game experience in this new offense.

It might not be the way that the Huskers used to do things in practice, it is just different.

True. Fair enough.

its not like they are scrimmaging. why have 11 guys working at a time? especially going thru the motion type stuff. most college coaches are looking under rocks for more time with their players.

I remember when Jason Peter talked about NOBODY ever standing around at practices. as in zero players.

granted, it probably is the end of practice... but still. looks like dudes on the sidelines have better stuff to do.

That was game prep, not "practice", the rest of the team is on the sideline like they would be in a game. This is super common, they are simulating the game experience in this new offense.

It might not be the way that the Huskers used to do things in practice, it is just different.

True. Fair enough.

The worst/most boring is when we do things like field goal or last play of the game. You rep it and rep it and everyone is just watching! Well, its great for the kids that are not part of those certain teams, they get to just chill out! ha

True. Fair enough.

The worst/most boring is when we do things like field goal or last play of the game. You rep it and rep it and everyone is just watching! Well, its great for the kids that are not part of those certain teams, they get to just chill out! ha

Not at Kansas. Everyone works.

Damn. I cant find the video. Weiss making the whole team practice celebrating a game-winning field goal. Proceeded to chew them out for not taking the first couple "reps" seriously enough. Quite comical.

EDIT* I found it.

http://totalfratmove.com/1051054

True. Fair enough.

Not at Kansas. Everyone works.

Damn. I cant find the video. Weiss making the whole team practice celebrating a game-winning field goal. Proceeded to chew them out for not taking the first couple "reps" seriously enough. Quite comical.

EDIT* I found it.

http://totalfratmove.com/1051054

The video is private

The video is private

Well shucks. That sucks.

Here's a cliffsnotes. The field goal team lines up for a field goal. Live practice against a full defense. 35 yards or so. As he kicks the rest of the team on the sideline starts running onto the field to *celebrate* the winning kick. Hilarious right of the bat though is that as the team is running on the field as he kicks, it shanks and is missed. Then on the second attempt that he made, Weiss apparently was not pleased with the celebratory effort for he rips the team out for not taking moments like these seriously, yada yada yada. So then he makes the 3rd kick and everyone just goes nuts. It's a practice. It was hilarious.

The video is private

Well shucks. That sucks.

Here's a cliffsnotes. The field goal team lines up for a field goal. Live practice against a full defense. 35 yards or so. As he kicks the rest of the team on the sideline starts running onto the field to *celebrate* the winning kick. Hilarious right of the bat though is that as the team is running on the field as he kicks, it shanks and is missed. Then on the second attempt that he made, Weiss apparently was not pleased with the celebratory effort for he rips the team out for not taking moments like these seriously, yada yada yada. So then he makes the 3rd kick and everyone just goes nuts. It's a practice. It was hilarious.

Lmao

And back in his day they had to walk in 3 feet of snow with no shoes just to get to practice. Up hill both ways.

I remember that ...LOL I walked to school the same way....

GBR!!!

And back in his day they had to walk in 3 feet of snow with no shoes just to get to practice. Up hill both ways.

I remember that ...LOL I walked to school the same way....

GBR!!!

Funny so did my dad!

mj-laughing.gif

lmao @ a hurry up offense taking up/wasting time in practice. guys are just standing around watching, walking around lolly gagging.

Some Auburn fans are laughing at it too and not even calling it a football practice. lol.

Have you ever watched the practice footage that we see from Nebraska? It seems fairly laid back at times, although I doubt that last the whole practice (Nebraska, or Auburn)....

mj-laughing.gif

lmao @ a hurry up offense taking up/wasting time in practice. guys are just standing around watching, walking around lolly gagging.

Some Auburn fans are laughing at it too and not even calling it a football practice. lol.

Have you ever watched the practice footage that we see from Nebraska? It seems fairly laid back at times, although I doubt that last the whole practice (Nebraska, or Auburn)....

The media is generally only allowed in during the first 20-30 mins. So the video we see is just stretching and warm-up drills at half speed. I think it gets a little more intense than Taylor lobbing those 20 yard go routes as Kenny lightly jogs under it that we see on video.

Things don't look good for the defense, kids.

When i see quotes like...

"It's hard to tell precisely where we're at because our offense is really good,"

and

"Since our defense is pretty young, we're just trying to compete out there."

http://journalstar.com/sports/columnists/sipple/steven-m-sipple-defense-trying-to-compete-as-spring-game/article_4bc9f1db-9760-5502-ad20-addb86c65792.html