Spring Practice Updates

I already stated my idea of where we should be. Bo wasn't hired to almost win conference titles.

Bo wasn't hired to win them immediately either. You must be part of that delusional crowd SVP was talking about.

He was here to build our program back to where it was before. Something he is slowly doing. If your truly that unhappy, then why do you follow Husker football still?

Answer my question though... since you wanted to look over it. You don't think we have the potential to go a long way?

We have the potential to win 9-10 games and not get over the hump. Nothing else has been shown to say otherwise. Saying we have the "potential" is nice and all but the results haven't shown that. Again with this years schedule and offense all Bo has to do is be average on defense and we shouldn't lose more than 2 games

3 conference championship game meltdowns, and consistent 4-loss seasons. What's your idea of "a long way"? Conference championships? That's not a long way, that's just where we should be, and we're not. Not quite being where we should be isn't the same as having potential to go a long way.

So we don't have the potential to go a long way then? Texas wasn't a meltdown...

Texas was absolutely a meltdown. We basically had that game won, then imploded.

As well as Oklahoma in 2010. I have no problem with someone calling all 3 conference championship games meltdowns. Because, hey, they were-one way or another.

I already stated my idea of where we should be. Bo wasn't hired to almost win conference titles.

Bo wasn't hired to win them immediately either. You must be part of that delusional crowd SVP was talking about.

He was here to build our program back to where it was before. Something he is slowly doing. If your truly that unhappy, then why do you follow Husker football still?

Answer my question though... since you wanted to look over it. You don't think we have the potential to go a long way?

Bo's been saying since he got here he's here to win championships. 6 years later. . . ?? I'm not truly unhappy. I think we're a long way from having the potential to go a long way. Bo's a long way from fielding the kind of team that plays championship caliber football. It's not necessarily all on the talent level either, I don't think, it's the consistent inconsistency. We're a mistake-prone football team.

We have the potential to win 9-10 games and not get over the hump. Nothing else has been shown to say otherwise. Saying we have the "potential" is nice and all but the results haven't shown that. Again with this years schedule and offense all Bo has to do is be average on defense and we shouldn't lose more than 2 games

Results with a below average defense. Again, you just nitpick sh#t so you have something to complain about. The potential is there. You can't see it, your loss.

Results with a below average defense. Again, you just nitpick sh#t so you have something to complain about. The potential is there. You can't see it, your loss.

Didn't we have all this potential last season? What happened? We have gotten spanked worse and worse with each season.

You just nitpick you so can talk about how awesome we are and have all this potential that no one else sees but you

Bo's been saying since he got here he's here to win championships. 6 years later. . . ?? I'm not truly unhappy. I think we're a long way from having the potential to go a long way. Bo's a long way from fielding the kind of team that plays championship caliber football. It's not necessarily all on the talent level either, I don't think, it's the consistent inconsistency. We're a mistake-prone football team.

Every coach is in their position to win championships. But in reality, if anyone expected one by now, is completely delusional. You have to build a sound program before you can take that next step. Bo finally has his coaching staff he likes, and that is the first step. Recruiting is the second step, and it starts to flow from there. The inconsistency come from the lack of talent, and immaturity of the players. That mostly steers from converting players (because of the lack of talent/recruiting), and players being young. Bo did all he could in the WI game, and players were in position to make stops. Thats where the lack of talent steps in. Coaches can put you in position, but its up the player to make the play.

Didn't we have all this potential last season? What happened? We have gotten spanked worse and worse with each season.

You just nitpick you so can talk about how awesome we are and have all this potential that no one else sees but you

Defensively, we lacked a HUGE amount of talent. Anyone that couldn't see that before the season started was blind. Going into the year, some knew we lacked talent on the DL, LB crew, and the Safety position. I am surprised we had the record we did last year and if it wasn't for Taylor, we would have had that record I thought we were going to have.

• Fire 1

I get the feeling that you want us to accept the young defense excuse. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to hear it. Just like there is nothing wrong with accepting it. It's just a difference of opinion. You and several others are willing to accept it and Headley, myself and several others are not. Personally, I don't think it is a fireable offense to have a young D and struggle. I just do not want to listen to the excuse. And neither do a lot of people.

I get the feeling that you want us to accept the young defense excuse. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to hear it. Just like there is nothing wrong with accepting it. It's just a difference of opinion. You and several others are willing to accept it and Headley, myself and several others are not. Personally, I don't think it is a fireable offense to have a young D and struggle. I just do not want to listen to the excuse. And neither do a lot of people.

Accept what? I have yet to say ANYTHING about a young defense. WTF are you even saying? Accepting something, would not be me saying that we have the potential to go a long way. Accepting it would be like you and Hedley, saying, we suck and we will never get passed this stage.

This defense is GOING to make mistakes, because they are YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED. This not true? The only difference between our lack of talent mistakes and our young and inexperienced mistakes, is the talent should overcome them much easier.

Accept what? I have yet to say ANYTHING about a young defense. WTF are you even saying? Accepting something, would not be me saying that we have the potential to go a long way. Accepting it would be like you and Hedley, saying, we suck and we will never get passed this stage.

This defense is GOING to make mistakes, because they are YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED. This not true? The only difference between our lack of talent mistakes and our young and inexperienced mistakes, is the talent should overcome them much easier.

We never said we suck and will never get past it.

Let me rephrase. IF we have another season like the last one where our defense is as bad as it was, I will not accept the excuse of a young defense. He has had 6 years to develop the players that he has brought in. I know it was tough for him in the beginning to recruit but that's on him. That is what he gets paid for.

Well if we don't have the potential, then how would we ever get passed it?

I said I don't see the potential. When you are shown the same results for 5 years how do you see potential for better? We have been saying this is the year for the last how many seasons? I'm not going to be optimistic like previous seasons until Bo and Co show it on the field.

Our spring defensively is going as expected with so many young faces. Between now and kickoff is where these boys need to grow