Spring Practice Updates

No reason to tell others to STFU that have a differing opinion then you. We both agree he and his staff recruited like crap and are now paying for it.

Stop with giving him excuses. He had to have known recruiting was a the life blood of the program he has been at OU and LSU.

This season it is time to put up or shut up for Bo and staff IMO a 3+ loss season is unacceptable given our schedule. This is HIS team and he has been a HC here for 6 seasons. This is his team and his players young or not.

You act like I don't want us to win games or something? I want us to win them all and get over hump and back to elite status. Just tired of excuses when they can no longer be made.

HAHAHAHAHA. Excuse? Its a fact! Bo tried to recruit, but again, read my previous comments, because I am not going to waste my time in explaining them once again. He was known for a dominant defense before his HC gig. Thats it. He didn't come from the NFL. He had nothing to sell the kids about how he runs his program. Actions speak louder than words and gibberish. NOW, he has his coaching style to sell, with a coaching staff that has a resume as well. This year will be his first year that he is going to be able to play his last 3 classes he recruited. Its hard to throw freshman on the field and expect a great team. We probably would have had a better year last year, if we played some guys, but we could have had a worse year. You never know, and we won't know. Bo played the safe route in making us better down the stretch. Too safe? Quite possibly. This season will tell. Its hard to put together a solid defensive group, when you have to make a name for yourself, before you can get great talent in here. Bo was lucky Callahan was able to recruit some diamonds in the rough, and Bo was able to turn them into great athletes.

So Bo was known for a dominant defense yet was unable to recruit defensive talent? Meanwhile an above average assortment of offensive skill players were recruited?

Are you basically saying that a first time HC should be given 10 years to figure things out and win? Sign me up for 10 years of 7 figure salaries to learn how to do a job.

I think Bo inherited some skill that worked very well with his (great, in my mind) defensive strategy. During those first years, he didn't recruit well, that is a given. He was young and was getting his legs. Then half way through his tenure, while our defense was still playing at a high level, we switch to a conference with much different offensive strategies. I think Pelini's mistake was thinking he had to change his defense to something else. While in that transition period, he was also building a new offense with a new coordinator. He probably couldn't spend as much time as he would have liked. I think he is recognizing his mistakes and is improving. He is getting his recruiting legs and you can see the change in athleticism. The blowouts can be disheartening, but a loss is a loss is a loss. "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile." Acting savant, Vin Diesel.

• Fire 1

So Bo was known for a dominant defense yet was unable to recruit defensive talent? Meanwhile an above average assortment of offensive skill players were recruited?

Are you basically saying that a first time HC should be given 10 years to figure things out and win? Sign me up for 10 years of 7 figure salaries to learn how to do a job.

Coaching is an entirely different job than any other form of employment, and there are a vast array of different areas of success than just winning games, and winning specific games.

As has been mentioned ad nauseum in the past, it took Tom just as long (longer in fact) to get over his own personal hump.

He has proven he can put a team together that has the potential to go a long way

Where/when did he do that?

3 Conference appearances out of 5 years, consistent 9-10 game seasons. You missed the key word obviously...

He has proven that he can put together a staff that can run a dangerous offense. Defense, he has shown what he can do, if he has the talent.

3 conference championship game meltdowns, and consistent 4-loss seasons. What's your idea of "a long way"? Conference championships? That's not a long way, that's just where we should be, and we're not. Not quite being where we should be isn't the same as having potential to go a long way.

We are talking from a recruiting standpoint here. Bo found out how to win 9-10 games from the day he got here. That is why his recruiting has gotten better the last 3 years. His first two were rocky, because he had no HEAD COACH experience. Bo is still learning, so yes, he is getting paid 7 figures to learn how to do his job to the fullest. If its so f'ing easy, then why aren't you coaching big fella?

• Fire 3

He has proven he can put a team together that has the potential to go a long way

3 Conference appearances out of 5 years, consistent 9-10 game seasons. You missed the key word obviously...

He has proven that he can put together a staff that can run a dangerous offense. Defense, he has shown what he can do, if he has the talent.

3 conference championship meltdowns, and consistent 4-loss seasons. What's your idea of "a long way"? Conference championships? That's not a long way, that's just where we should be, and we're not. Not quite being where we should be isn't the same as having potential to go a long way.

What's your idea of where we "should be"? Seems to me we should be exactly where we are at.

3 conference championship game meltdowns, and consistent 4-loss seasons. What's your idea of "a long way"? Conference championships? That's not a long way, that's just where we should be, and we're not. Not quite being where we should be isn't the same as having potential to go a long way.

Meltdowns, Three?

So we don't have the potential to go a long way then? Texas wasn't a meltdown...

3 conference championship meltdowns, and consistent 4-loss seasons. What's your idea of "a long way"? Conference championships? That's not a long way, that's just where we should be, and we're not. Not quite being where we should be isn't the same as having potential to go a long way.

What's your idea of where we "should be"? Seems to me we should be exactly where we are at.

I already stated my idea of where we should be. Bo wasn't hired to almost win conference titles.

Meltdowns, Three?

Correct.

I already stated my idea of where we should be. Bo wasn't hired to almost win conference titles.

Bo wasn't hired to win them immediately either. You must be part of that delusional crowd SVP was talking about.

He was here to build our program back to where it was before. Something he is slowly doing. If your truly that unhappy, then why do you follow Husker football still?

Answer my question though... since you wanted to look over it. You don't think we have the potential to go a long way?

• Fire 1

We are talking from a recruiting standpoint here. Bo found out how to win 9-10 games from the day he got here. That is why his recruiting has gotten better the last 3 years. His first two were rocky, because he had no HEAD COACH experience. Bo is still learning, so yes, he is getting paid 7 figures to learn how to do his job to the fullest. If its so f'ing easy, then why aren't you coaching big fella?

I always love that line. "If its so easy why don't you do it?" I didn't pick that as my profession and if I did I would be held accountable and wouldn't be making excuses. Bo is the President of our football team. He spent years as a Coordinator which is basically a VP type of role. Bo is getting his extended shot at being the big dog. This season will tell me plenty about Bo and "the process".

So we don't have the potential to go a long way then? Texas wasn't a meltdown...

Texas was absolutely a meltdown. We basically had that game won, then imploded.