Spring Practice Updates

I am still a little concerned about the offense, against quality teams. IE Ohio State and UCLA. We were not able to put up huge amounts of points and there is always the thought Ohio State and Wisconsin were far enough ahead that less than starters were playing when we scored some of the points we did. I think we have a lot of talent on the O side, but is it the real deal in every game. I think they will need to be for us to have a good season. As you have stated the defense is a question at best. Know one knows, and what Bo knows he is not going to tell us. Hopefully the speed, athletic ability is truly there, because we are going to need it I think. Next year, the D should be a lot better than what we have seen recently. Depending on how good we do this year, IE getting our back up QB in the game, will tell us how good the O will be next year. I think we are still two years away from seeing what we really have as far as being an elite team. But with the schedule, it could happen earlier. Here is hoping.

I am still a little concerned about the offense, against quality teams. IE Ohio State and UCLA. We were not able to put up huge amounts of points and there is always the thought Ohio State and Wisconsin were far enough ahead that less than starters were playing when we scored some of the points we did. I think we have a lot of talent on the O side, but is it the real deal in every game. I think they will need to be for us to have a good season. As you have stated the defense is a question at best. Know one knows, and what Bo knows he is not going to tell us. Hopefully the speed, athletic ability is truly there, because we are going to need it I think. Next year, the D should be a lot better than what we have seen recently. Depending on how good we do this year, IE getting our back up QB in the game, will tell us how good the O will be next year. I think we are still two years away from seeing what we really have as far as being an elite team. But with the schedule, it could happen earlier. Here is hoping.

Didn't we score 30+ against all the teams you mentioned?

Gerry is ready to see the field as a true freshman body wise.....ran the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.94

6.28 is the world record for the 60 meter dash.

Someone know how to convert the 60 meter to 40 yard dash?

It could be done but the numbers wouldn't correlate well due to the different lengths (different approach on how to run it) and the timing methods. I would no doubt say he would clock something in the 4.3s handheld and low 4.4s using combine style laser timers. But, if you really wanna convert it, it comes out as a 4.23 (60 meters=65.6168 yards, 6.94 seconds/65.6168 yards=.10576 y/s, .10576 y/s x 40=4.23)

Gerry is ready to see the field as a true freshman body wise.....ran the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.94

6.39 is the world record for the 60 meter dash.

Well, 40 yards is equivalent to 36.576 meters. It's proportionate so 6.94s/60m=Xs/36.576m. That's a 4.23 40 yard dash. That's pretty fast.

But as said before, it's not totally accurate. Longer distance spent at top speed in comparison to acceleration as compared to a 40.

• Fire 1

It could be done but the numbers wouldn't correlate well due to the different lengths (different approach on how to run it) and the timing methods. I would no doubt say he would clock something in the 4.3s handheld and low 4.4s using combine style laser timers. But, if you really wanna convert it, it comes out as a 4.23 (60 meters=65.6168 yards, 6.94 seconds/65.6168 yards=.10576 y/s, .10576 y/s x 40=4.23)

People cheated off of you a lot in school, didn't they? :)

Well, 40 yards is equivalent to 36.576 meters. It's proportionate so 6.94s/60m=Xs/36.576m. That's a 4.23 40 yard dash. That's pretty fast.

But as said before, it's not totally accurate. Longer distance spent at top speed in comparison to acceleration as compared to a 40.

Accountability, you're math is so much simpler and faster than mine! You and you're algebraic equations.

Accountability, you're math is so much simpler and faster than mine! You and you're algebraic equations.

Well, you beat me to it. You posted while I was figurin right quick. Then I had to edit to agree with your stance on the distances bein an issue.

Went fishing a little bit and found something interesting:

Husker 10 yard Dash Records

Husker 40 yard Dash Records

It doesn't look like they've been updated in some time and it doesn't really answer the question but interesting none the less.

As the the conversion, after a little research and looking at the above links, I'd say top sprinters are covering the last 30 yards at just under 10 yards per second. 60 meters is about 65 yards so you'd have to take off the last 25 yards or slightly over 2.5 seconds. That would put his time easily in the 4.4 range and possibly 4.3-something.