Texas potentially in trouble?

• 3 months later...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Longhorns-Insider-Kearney-case-not-going-away-4368627.php

So, I did a little google search to see what was up with the Bev Kearney case. Apparently:

Kearney's lawyer filed a complaint against UT with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Texas Workforce Commission alleging racial and gender discrimination, as well as retaliation.

The EEOC has 180 days to investigate Kearney's claim before she can sue UT, which her lawyer,Derek Howard, said she intends to do. The 180-day window expires Sept. 8.

In the meantime, multiple staffers at UT — including in the athletic department — could be subject to questioning. Howard said he has knowledge of “in excess of 10” inappropriate relationships between UT staffers and subordinates.

Sucks to have to wait, but at least this stuff will come out just in time for football season!

yeah, I guess the wheels of justice always move slowly... the bigger question is why won't any media outlet touch this?

ESPN won't because they are in League with ye Old Whornes. Tarnishing them means losing viewers of the LongWhorne Network.

There aren't any viewers of the LongWhorne Network.

• Fire 1

yeah, I guess the wheels of justice always move slowly... the bigger question is why won't any media outlet touch this?

ESPN won't because they are in League with ye Old Whornes. Tarnishing them means losing viewers of the LongWhorne Network.

There aren't any viewers of the LongWhorne Network.

Outside the state of Texass

Right. Because controversy always makes people change the channel.

Right. Because controversy always makes people change the channel.

Hey I'm just talking about what TV executives think, not what I think.

I don't believe for a moment that this is what TV execs think.

• Fire 1

So Charlie Sheen goes batsh!t crazy and freaks out on the executives of his own network forcing them to fire him. ALL of media covered this.

Texas has allegedly been involved in some harassment and other deviancy to which there is a lawsuit and no media will touch it for fear of losing viewers?

Sorry your "leap" was not a good one.

• Fire 2

You have not made one convincing argument as to why not one network has refused to pick up the Texas story. ESPN aside, if there was something to this, another channel would have done something with it if this had teeth.

With regards to Charlie Sheen, which bares ZERO correlation to Texas, EVERY network reported on him for that short time. This includes CBS who had to fire him and risked potentially losing money. I don't see the CBS exec's not allowing their news people or celebrity reporting shows to report on him out of fear.

Does that make sense to you? Because this discussion between you and I has gone on longer than it probably should have.

• Fire 1