Been on a real flat iron kick lately, probably the most tender steak I've ever had.

how do you do that exactly? It never turns out right for me. More of an open flame guy.

I'm thinking maybe you misunderstood his post. It's a cut of steak called a "flat iron". It isn't cooked on a flat iron.

youre right. Major, MAJOR facepalm on that one.

But Ive heard of pan fried/seared steaks from a guy I know that turn out great, and the few times i've tried it, it's completely gone to sh#t. That's what came to my mind with flat iron.

Been on a real flat iron kick lately, probably the most tender steak I've ever had.

how do you do that exactly? It never turns out right for me. More of an open flame guy.

I'm thinking maybe you misunderstood his post. It's a cut of steak called a "flat iron". It isn't cooked on a flat iron.

But Ive heard of pan fried/seared steaks from a guy I know that turn out great, and the few times i've tried it, it's completely gone to sh#t. That's what came to my mind with flat iron.

Living in an apartment, I've perfected my seared/oven steak. It is a decent alternative. I've grown to love it, my neighbors and smoke alarm have not.

I love the flavor of fatty grilled pork loins and rib ends. Also, nothing like the flavor of a greasy, fatty, grilled pork steak on occasion.

yes, pork is cheap, and beef is getting expensive. Been eating a lot of pork lately.

Not much of a chicken or bird guy. Beef is best. Pork #2.

Fish? it's a ceremonial thing.

Get that pork business out of here. Pigs are omnivores.

And fish is practically a vegetable.

I don't think we should exclude pigs even though they would eat you if they had a chance. They are mostly vegetarian, unless you feed them meat.

Living in an apartment, I've perfected my seared/oven steak. It is a decent alternative. I've grown to love it, my neighbors and smoke alarm have not.

Tell them to stop being vegetarian communists and learn to live with a little steak smoke.

I eat a lot of chuck eye steaks. They're about as good as ribeyes (in my opinion) and much more affordable. Every flat iron I've ever cooked has been tough as hell, not sure if I just don't know what the hell I'm doing. . . or?

Bison meat is the way to go, however. I'd take that over cow any day. Just not nearly as easy to come by, and a little pricey.

• Fire 1

I eat a lot of chuck eye steaks. They're about as good as ribeyes (in my opinion) and much more affordable. Every flat iron I've ever cooked has been tough as hell, not sure if I just don't know what the hell I'm doing. . . or?

Bison meat is the way to go, however. I'd take that over cow any day. Just not nearly as easy to come by, and a little pricey.

I thought Ted Turner bought some ranches in northern Nebraska and was raising bison. Once upon a time, wasn't the talk about how bison would supplant beef? Ostrich seemed to be the next big thing for a while. Anyone try ostrich?

Ooh OOh. I was just gonna say this. Them things are damn good if grilled right (not hard to do though) Awesome economical alternative to the great ribeye.

By the way, I'm not a sirloin fan. I'd take an 8 oz chuck eye over a 16 oz sirloin (figure of speech. My steak(s) is usually in the 20 oz range)

I thought Ted Turner bought some ranches in northern Nebraska and was raising bison. Once upon a time, wasn't the talk about how bison would supplant beef? Ostrich seemed to be the next big thing for a while. Anyone try ostrich?

Yes he did. And, he has ruined one heck of a lot of pasture ground because of it.