Which program becomes the second program to win their 1,000th game?

Michigan, easily, with being up by almost 40 wins. Then Nebraska. I do believe we will pass Texass and ND. If we could land a couple undefeated seasons, and remain at the top of the B1G, we could beat Michigan there. Long shot, but out of that list, we have a great shot. If Michigan continues to win 9-10 games a year, they will get there first.

A lot can happen in 15 years but Texas is going the wrong way right now so I can see us get there before them. It will be interesting to see if ND can keep up their resurgence after several down years - I vote no. That would put us in very good position to be #2. I don't think (hope) that tOSU, OU or even Bama can make up 20+ wins on us in that time...

They just won 9 games, 8 the season before, 5 the one before that. How are they going in the wrong direction? They are back to where we are...with a much higher ceiling. And they only got blown out once in 2012. I guess we've closed the gap on them the last few years - but that does nothing to make up for how much they widened the gap over the previous 6-7.

A lot can happen in 15 years but Texas is going the wrong way right now so I can see us get there before them. It will be interesting to see if ND can keep up their resurgence after several down years - I vote no. That would put us in very good position to be #2. I don't think (hope) that tOSU, OU or even Bama can make up 20+ wins on us in that time...

They just won 9 games, 8 the season before, 5 the one before that. How are they going in the wrong direction? They are back to where we are...with a much higher ceiling. And they only got blown out once in 2012. I guess we've closed the gap on them the last few years - but that does nothing to make up for how much they widened the gap over the previous 6-7.

Depends on how they do this season. If they have a bad season Mack Brown is good as gone. He is under a ton of heat....a lot more than Bo is here. A lot of Texas fans and boosters were not happy with their last recruiting class.

Texas.

1. They are already in second place

2. They are in a top-3 talent state

3. A&M still would need a bunch of years of success to take away the Flagship football title away

4. They now play in a conference where they should blast everyone except for OU

5. Mack Brown is old and he will be fired soon.

That's the best thing that could happen to Texas. Mack is a Made Man in Austin for some reason, but once they get smart and axe him, presuming they hire a good coach, not a figurehead, they should take off to the stratosphere.

Of course, the history of Texas is one of underachievement, so maybe they do that again. Hard to say.

Depends on how they do this season. If they have a bad season Mack Brown is good as gone. He is under a ton of heat....a lot more than Bo is here. A lot of Texas fans and boosters were not happy with their last recruiting class.

Most in the know disagree w/ you...

Though many fans and media assume Brown is on the hot seat heading into the 2013 season, the truth is, he's really not. The head coach enjoys a uniquely protective relationship with his powerful boss, DeLoss Dodds. The Longhorns' largely uninspiring past three seasons -- a 22-16 overall record, including an 11-15 mark against Big 12 foes -- haven't affected the 73-year-old athletic director's confidence in the coach he hired back in 1997.

"What's here is reality. What's out there is whatever," said Dodds from his perch atop a tower. (Literally, Dodds' office is on the seventh floor of a tower in Royal-Memorial Stadium overlooking the north end zone.) "I know the reality, Mack knows the reality. Mack is as good as I've ever seen. ... I like stability, I like continuity."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130325/mack-brown-texas/#ixzz2OkkHEJKw

Michigan should pass that mark first.

As for second, I think we have a shot at it but it will maybe take 11 -12 years to do it. To do it in 10 years, we would need to average almost 10 wins per season. While I am very optimistic about the program over this period of time, if we have a coaching change at any point, that average may go down below that mark.

We would also need ND and Texas to have some bad years during that time. My guess is that as long as this coaching staff is at ND, they will be fine. Texas is a wild card. aTm is a big draw for Texas talent now that they are in the SEC and doing well. Texas had a decent year this year but they are a little tarnished.

Regardless of the pressure on Mack Brown, Texas will get to 1,000 wins before NU. They got to 800 almost a full season before NU. NU would have to average AT LEAST one more win over the next 10 years just to tie them. Then would have to beat them in wins almost every year moving forward from there to get to #2. Big hill to climb.

Regardless of the pressure on Mack Brown, Texas will get to 1,000 wins before NU. They got to 800 almost a full season before NU. NU would have to average AT LEAST one more win over the next 10 years just to tie them. Then would have to beat them in wins almost every year moving forward from there to get to #2. Big hill to climb.

Texas is only 10 ahead of Nebraska, and we've gained 7 games on them in the past 3 seasons alone. I dont see it as difficult as we're making it out to be.

That's the best thing that could happen to Texas. Mack is a Made Man in Austin for some reason, but once they get smart and axe him, presuming they hire a good coach, not a figurehead, they should take off to the stratosphere.

Of course, the history of Texas is one of underachievement, so maybe they do that again. Hard to say.

Texas is like Schembechler's University. Having every conceivable advantage and still managing to blow 1-2 games a year.

Except for Texas is in a top-3 football state. No logical reason why the State of Florida has 3 teams with more titles than UT over the past 25 years with UT being the only real power in that state.

Texas is only 10 ahead of Nebraska, and we've gained 7 games on them in the past 3 seasons alone. I dont see it as difficult as we're making it out to be.

Since 2000, they have 28 more wins than NU. I'm not saying it can't be done. I just don't see it happening. Texas brass will not let their program turn to crap.