SCOTUS and Gay Marriage

Mr. Accountability (told ya...)- I was only slightly serious. There were a couple things in "someone" post that seemed a bit off. 1- keep heterosexual (non-natural) sex illegal. ?? I guess I was not aware.....

2- and then the logic leap doozy "if it's morally wrong the way 'they' do it, then it's wrong for married couples to do it non pro-creation style"

Maybe it's just me but I've never thought the physical mechanics of it had any bearing on whether it was moral or natural. Personally I don't care what or how 'they' do it, none of my business. But, if somebody were to ask me, I'd say it is definitely not natural. I can't imagine "not pulling out" would change the naturalness or the morality of the action.

But, my first questions were tongue in cheek....

You need to read the Bible passage about spilling your seed.

Yes. withdrawel-or pulling out-is viewed as a form of contraception. But yet, they have natural family planning where they basically show you how to determine when the right time is to have sex and not get pregnant. I've always viewed as a double standard and a way of preventing it as well. I've never understood, but I just go along with it. I love my wife and she is very set in her beliefs and that is fine with me.

i always thought that. i remember going through the marriage classes and they talked about this. it is a total cop out. you are still having sex just for the pleasure, so what's the difference of using a condom? that always frustrated me.

Mr. Accountability (told ya...)- I was only slightly serious. There were a couple things in "someone" post that seemed a bit off. 1- keep heterosexual (non-natural) sex illegal. ?? I guess I was not aware.....

2- and then the logic leap doozy "if it's morally wrong the way 'they' do it, then it's wrong for married couples to do it non pro-creation style"

Maybe it's just me but I've never thought the physical mechanics of it had any bearing on whether it was moral or natural. Personally I don't care what or how 'they' do it, none of my business. But, if somebody were to ask me, I'd say it is definitely not natural. I can't imagine "not pulling out" would change the naturalness or the morality of the action.

Yes. withdrawel-or pulling out-is viewed as a form of contraception. But yet, they have natural family planning where they basically show you how to determine when the right time is to have sex and not get pregnant. I've always viewed as a double standard and a way of preventing it as well. I've never understood, but I just go along with it. I love my wife and she is very set in her beliefs and that is fine with me.

i always thought that. i remember going through the marriage classes and they talked about this. it is a total cop out. you are still having sex just for the pleasure, so what's the difference of using a condom? that always frustrated me.

We're on the same page, you and I.

There is no difference, and the "spilling your seed" Scripture is not a blanket instruction across all people and all generations. In fact it's not instruction at all, it's a narrative.

There is discernment and wisdom and prayer that goes into the idea of trying to get pregnant or trying to prevent pregnancy. Scripture doesn't give an answer, so we need to responsibly seek out what is true and what is glorifying and beneficial, without justifying our own desires or intentions.

Uh...no I don't. How about this; You read whatever you like and interpret it however you wish and I and my wife will do as we please and (here's the big point) it's none of your business. Good with that? BTW sd'sker- you made the out of context quotes.....

The difference I learned was that it still has a reproductive end, sex with the wife out of phase. It is still something that people intending children would do but it would presumably only be an iteration. OTOH a contraceptive such as oral sex can never have a reproductive end, therefore it can't be procreative.

Uh...no I don't. How about this; You read whatever you like and interpret it however you wish and I and my wife will do as we please and (here's the big point) it's none of your business. Good with that? BTW sd'sker- you made the out of context quotes.....

The same could be said by gay couples.

The same could be said by gay couples.

Yes it could. And that is why I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes. I don't "get" or "understand" their sexual preferences and don't ask for my full acceptance of it. But, don't misunderstand that for me trying to tell them what to do or how to live their lives. If asked, I will say I think it's wrong and unnatural but what I think matters little. That is between them, their partner, and God to sort out. It's not really any of my business. I just get tired of hearing about it all the time.

On of my favorites: "I don't care if you are gay, but don't rub it in my face. I don't want to see two guys kissing or holding hands." My dad says this all the time. I'm sure everyone just loves seeing two old fat people making out... as long as they are straight!

On of my favorites: "I don't care if you are gay, but don't rub it in my face. I don't want to see two guys kissing or holding hands." My dad says this all the time. I'm sure everyone just loves seeing two old fat people making out... as long as they are straight!

Good for you that you can see two guys kissing and holding hands and not have it bother you. Sorry but it's not something I can control, it turns my stomach to see that. If it helps, I really don't want to see two old fat straight people getting it on either. But, if they happen to kiss in public it doesn't make me throw up a little in my mouth like two gay guys does. Sounds like I'd get along alright with your dad. We'd probably have a hoot talkin bout you.

Even better . . . the people who complain about the public behavior of gay men but think that two girls kissing is sexy.

In fact . . . I'm not quite sure why the anti-gay lobby fixates so much on men. Freudian?

Good for you that you can see two guys kissing and holding hands and not have it bother you. Sorry but it's not something I can control, it turns my stomach to see that. If it helps, I really don't want to see two old fat straight people getting it on either. But, if they happen to kiss in public it doesn't make me throw up a little in my mouth like two gay guys does. Sounds like I'd get along alright with your dad. We'd probably have a hoot talkin bout you.

What about two smoking hot chicks making out in public? They could rub that in my face all day long although it does make me a little sad since that means they probably wouldn't want to do the same with me. :(

What about two smoking hot chicks making out in public? They could rub that in my face all day long although it does make me a little sad since that means they probably wouldn't want to do the same with me. :(

The girls don't bother me. :snacks::waste I don't feel that is a double standard or inconsistency. Probably pretty normal for a guy that likes girls to not be bothered by hot chicks getting it on. I do know when it is in the movies, lesbos getting it on bothers my wife about the same as guys bother me. Unfortunately I guess that means no wild ménage a trois with me and two chicks at my house. :angry:

The difference I learned was that it still has a reproductive end, sex with the wife out of phase. It is still something that people intending children would do but it would presumably only be an iteration. OTOH a contraceptive such as oral sex can never have a reproductive end, therefore it can't be procreative.

to me, this is an issue of intent and motive. if you are not intending to procreate, it is all the same. as far as contraception methods, at least. the rhythm method is just gaming the system.