SCOTUS and Gay Marriage

I don't believe alot of christian groups feel the same way as Landlord but I am glad there are many open and affirming christian churches.

Most good Christian leaders feel the same way, and usually when people don't it's simply because they haven't been taught well. They believe there's something wrong with "it", not having had defined to them what it is referring to.

Not being a virgin (male) at your wedding is just as bad as being gay - correct?

If my understanding is correct that's not possible because marriage in the biblical sense is intercourse but I suppose that depends on your preferred flavor of christianity.

Marriage in the biblical sense is consumated through intercourse, but isn't defined by intercourse.

If my understanding is correct that's not possible because marriage in the biblical sense is intercourse but I suppose that depends on your preferred flavor of christianity.

Marriage in the biblical sense is consumated through intercourse, but isn't defined by intercourse.

That's not the way that I learned it. I was taught that "marriage" in the biblical sense was a monogamous relationship with sexual intercourse. It's possible that my instructors were just trying to discourage pre-wedding ceremony sex. :lol:

You assume morality equates to gross or being "icky".

There are lots of things that aren't immoral but are gross and lots of things that are gross that are not immoral.

So gay men are bad because they're gross and immoral.

Gay women are good (if they're hot) but they're immoral.

I'm reminded again why I'm so glad that I'm free from christianity. :lol:

There are lots of things that aren't immoral but are gross and lots of things that are gross that are not immoral.

Congrats!!!

You have mastered reading one hell of a lot into posts that aren't there.

Congrats!!!

Actually, that's all in there. Need a link?

Congrats!!!

Actually, that's all in there. Need a link?

What the heck are you even talking about? My post wasn't even to you.

I need a couple things explained to me. Based on a few comments I've received on my posts and affirming comments to those posts it would seem that I am way out of line with some of you and would like to understand that better. I shared a story about how I and a couple neighborhood guys joked about our soon to be new neighbors (who we had heard were a lesbian couple). The joking consisted of one guy referring to them as "thespians" and we all jumped on board with the "if we're lucky they'll leave the curtains open and we'll get a show" type of dialog. I can accept that this is rather childish and immature but it was brief and meant in fun. Since sharing that story, I have had a couple people on this board claim that means, in reference to me "If you look to public displays of affection for your sexual satisfaction, life can't be too grand." and "whispering creeper fantasies" and a desire his daughters never have to live by a person like me. I simply do not understand how people can take such a harmless, joking exchange between neighbors who know each other very well and jump to conclusions like has been done. As I said, I understand it was rather childish but really? Creeper fantasies? Not cognizant of problems I have? Looking for sexual satisfaction? My gut tells me a few of you are just wound way to tight on this subject or possibly that I have offended some gay members here. The thing is, I am not against people who are gay. I have gay friends and neighbors (both male and female). The lesbians next door are great neighbors, we talk when outside together, I usually snow blow their sidewalk for them when I get on it before they do. (Yes-the sign of a neighbor you would not want your daughters to live next door to) I do not have any problem with civil unions. I think gay people should be able to enjoy the same benefits legally as heterosexual married couples. In a nutshell, they should be able to lead their lives as they see fit with no harassment. My only issues with the whole gay thing are; I am not orientated that way so I have a very hard time understanding their preference (not that I need to but it does seem strange to me), on a basic level I do feel there is something wrong with it because it just doesn't seem natural to me (mostly because it cannot sustain the species), and I am really tired of having it shoved in my face on TV and politically. I guess I'm a don't ask, don't tell type. I don't care that it's happening but I don't want to be constantly made aware of it. As far as religion goes, I think LOMS summed it up very well. It is not my job to judge and I think homosexuals are no different than anyone else when it comes to being loved or forgiven by God. Personally, I think this places me in a lot more accepting group than many. I guess the thing that is bugging me is; why do so many on this board act like this makes me the scum of the earth? I can handle it fine, it just is bothersome. Seems there are more worthy people to direct this level of disdain towards.

Since I am the source of "If you look to public displays of affection for your sexual satisfaction, life can't be too grand." I'll comment.

1. Would you have made those jokes in front of the lesbians? If not, it's likely not harmless. If I refer to an African-American with THE word, but he's not in the room, are my words harmless?

2. Your avatar is far more offensive then your comment about them leaving the curtains open.

3. I love women. I am not gay. I don't know about others here but don't assume that you have offended a gay person based on my responses.

4. I also believe in Jesus and what he said about loving one another. As long as we try to put people into defined boxes that are different than ours, we are advocating for a form of mental segregation that allows for us to think more highly of ourselves relative to how we think about those who are different.

5. If we are to be truly open and affirming, we accept others who are different and stop claiming some moral authority that most likely doesn't exist beyond our skewed view of reality.

So, my statement was both factual and a dig. If I was a better person, I would NOT enjoy the dig part as much as I do. However, the statement doesn't confirm that you are a person that depends on "public displays of affection for your sexual satisfaction". You might might find sexual satisfaction from a healthy marriage or a friend with benefits or a robust collection of images of fit and tan women wearing Husker bikinis. Personally, I've never found voyeurism that much of a turn on yet if it is summer time and I spot a nipple slipping out from a cotton sundress, I am likely to smile.

I need a couple things explained to me. Based on a few comments I've received on my posts and affirming comments to those posts it would seem that I am way out of line with some of you and would like to understand that better. I shared a story about how I and a couple neighborhood guys joked about our soon to be new neighbors (who we had heard were a lesbian couple). The joking consisted of one guy referring to them as "thespians" and we all jumped on board with the "if we're lucky they'll leave the curtains open and we'll get a show" type of dialog. I can accept that this is rather childish and immature but it was brief and meant in fun. Since sharing that story, I have had a couple people on this board claim that means, in reference to me "If you look to public displays of affection for your sexual satisfaction, life can't be too grand." and "whispering creeper fantasies" and a desire his daughters never have to live by a person like me. I simply do not understand how people can take such a harmless, joking exchange between neighbors who know each other very well and jump to conclusions like has been done. As I said, I understand it was rather childish but really? Creeper fantasies? Not cognizant of problems I have? Looking for sexual satisfaction? My gut tells me a few of you are just wound way to tight on this subject or possibly that I have offended some gay members here. The thing is, I am not against people who are gay. I have gay friends and neighbors (both male and female). The lesbians next door are great neighbors, we talk when outside together, I usually snow blow their sidewalk for them when I get on it before they do. (Yes-the sign of a neighbor you would not want your daughters to live next door to) I do not have any problem with civil unions. I think gay people should be able to enjoy the same benefits legally as heterosexual married couples. In a nutshell, they should be able to lead their lives as they see fit with no harassment. My only issues with the whole gay thing are; I am not orientated that way so I have a very hard time understanding their preference (not that I need to but it does seem strange to me), on a basic level I do feel there is something wrong with it because it just doesn't seem natural to me (mostly because it cannot sustain the species), and I am really tired of having it shoved in my face on TV and politically. I guess I'm a don't ask, don't tell type. I don't care that it's happening but I don't want to be constantly made aware of it. As far as religion goes, I think LOMS summed it up very well. It is not my job to judge and I think homosexuals are no different than anyone else when it comes to being loved or forgiven by God. Personally, I think this places me in a lot more accepting group than many. I guess the thing that is bugging me is; why do so many on this board act like this makes me the scum of the earth? I can handle it fine, it just is bothersome. Seems there are more worthy people to direct this level of disdain towards.

Good post. I understand where you're coming from even though I disagree with some of your conclusions.

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

• Fire 1

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

Would you like me to expand upon my thoughts? LOL On a serious note, does anyone know why I cannot use the return key [Enter] to create paragraphs? Been having this problem for a couple weeks. Any ideas? Browser issue? HB issue? Doesn't seem to be a problem when I use my droid, only my PC. I've tried entering a bunch of spaces but it just slips back and ignores them.

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

Would you like me to expand upon my thoughts? LOL On a serious note, does anyone know why I cannot use the return key [Enter] to create paragraphs? Been having this problem for a couple weeks. Any ideas? Browser issue? HB issue? Doesn't seem to be a problem when I use my droid, only my PC. I've tried entering a bunch of spaces but it just slips back and ignores them.

I was having the same problem. Then I discovered the editing mode toggle on the upper left corner. I used it and everything was good.

• Fire 1

Seriously people. People like lesbians slightly better than gay men because they like beautiful women a lot better than beatiful men (whatever they look like). Pop culture lezzing is mildly subversive but majorly it doubles the beautiful persons. But where things are not pleasing to the eye, How many movies did you see this year that portrayed two fat old women kissing? Exactly.