SCOTUS and Gay Marriage

"I know that this is all supposed to be about equal rights and the constitution and all that," Scalia said, "But does anyone else think that homosexuality is just gross? I mean I dunno it just makes me feel weird, so we should probably ban it."

“I have to disagree with you there, to paint all gay people with such a broad stroke,” Alito responded. “I mean, for example there are some really attractive lesbians. I think they’re called lipstick lesbians. You always see them making out at college spring breaks.

“Legally it would be really tricky, but if we could legalize gay marriage for those women, only for hot chicks … I think a majority of Americans would really be in favor of that, even in the South. Even I would go to that wedding.”

http://dailycurrant....ctive-lesbians/

• 2 weeks later...

Dominique Venner, a notable far-right French historian, shot himself in the head at the altar of the Notre Dame cathedral today, killing himself in front of a crowd of tourists to protest gay marriage, which was legalized in France last weekend.

The 78-year-old Venner, a prolific essayist for much of his life, was also a strict Catholic who frequently inveighed against gays and Islamists, who he believed were coming to wipe out French culture.

Protesting that gay marriage is against Catholic religion, he chose to commit suicide and go to hell. Smart dude.

Have I mentioned that I despise all things Texas?

http://www.slate.com...john_roach.html

A judge has ruled that a North Texas lesbian couple can’t live together because of a morality clause in one of the women’s divorce papers. The clause is common in divorce cases in Texas and other states. It prevents a divorced parent from having a romantic partner spend the night while children are in the home. If the couple marries, they can get out from under the legal provision—but that is not an option for gay couples in Texas, where such marriages aren’t recognized.

---

According to the women's lawyer, the morality clause technically makes it illegal for Carolyn to have anyone she is dating or intimate with at her home with her two children anytime after 9 p.m. In effect, that means Carolyn Compton had to choose between living with her lesbian partner and living with her children. The couple says they'll obey the judge's ruling and Price will move out while they consider their legal options.

Just a quick reminder at how easy it is to be an openly gay couple in these United States of America, where all people are treated equally. Or something.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.slate.com..._it_s_done.html

In a poignant blog post, Exodus International president Alan Chambers announced yesterday that the ex-gay ministry was shutting its doors, conceding that “reparative” therapy for gay people is ineffective and unhealthy. Chambers’ note took the form of an apology for the “shame,” “false hope,” and “trauma” he caused would-be converts, pleading for forgiveness from “ex-gay survivors”:

Please know that I am deeply sorry. I am sorry for the pain and hurt many of you have experienced. I am sorry that some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt you felt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents... I am sorry that I...failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry...that I callously celebrated the end of relationships that broke your heart. I am sorry that I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine.

That's horrible. "Curing" someone's sexual preference is an asinine concept. I like tall, leggy brunettes. You're going to put me in therapy and "cure" that attraction? Nope. I may be OK with blondes or redheads or someone who's short or whatever if the component pieces add up to an attractive package, but my preference is always going to be leggy brunettes. If you're attracted to guys, you're just attracted to guys. No getting around that.

• Fire 1

That's horrible. "Curing" someone's sexual preference is an asinine concept. I like tall, leggy brunettes. You're going to put me in therapy and "cure" that attraction? Nope. I may be OK with blondes or redheads or someone who's short or whatever if the component pieces add up to an attractive package, but my preference is always going to be leggy brunettes. If you're attracted to guys, you're just attracted to guys. No getting around that.

Well...aren't you one sick bastard.

Ever watch or read A Clockwork Orange?