LeBron/Kobe/MJ

I am not starting this to say anyone is better than MJ, because he is simply an icon, but LeBron could be named and seen as the best player since MJ. Kobe has done nice things, but Lebron is right behind him, with about 7 years less of playing time.

LeBron James

Games: 761 (10 years)

FG Made: 7521

FG Attempts: 15356

FG %: 49%

3PT Made: 1018

3PT Attempts: 3022

3PT %: 33.7

Free Throw Made: 4922

Free Throw Attempts: 6593

Free Throw %: 74.7

Rebounds Off: 947

Rebounds Def: 4582

Rebounds Tot: 5529

Assists: 5275

TO: 2517

STL: 1319

BLK: 648

Kobe Byrant

Games: 1232 (17 years)

FG Made: 10963

FG Attempts: 24157

FG %: 45.4

3PT Made: 1629

3PT Attempts: 4842

3PT %: 33.6

Free Throw Made: 7860

Free Throw Attempts: 9386

Free Throw %: 83.7

Rebounds Off: 1426

Rebounds Def: 5098

Rebounds Tot: 6524

Assists: 5828

TO: 3695

STL: 1813

BLK: 612

Michael Jordan

Games: 1072 (15 years)

FG Made: 12192

FG Attempts: 24537

FG %: 49.7

3PT Made: 581

3PT Attempts: 1778

3PT %: 32.7

Free Throw Made: 7327

Free Throw Attempts: 8772

Free Throw %: 83.5

Rebounds Off: 1668

Rebounds Def: 5004

Rebounds Tot: 6672

Assists: 5633

TO: 2924

STL: 2514

BLK: 893

Jordan was obviously the best shooter of all 3, points wise. Kobe has yet to put up what MJ did in 1072 games. The only way for James to hit that, is to average 37 points/game for the next 311 games. All 3 guys are outsanding players.

I was bored, so I figured I would show some interesting stats and have something non football related to talk about.

When LeBron carries his team to 6 championships-or more-yes, he will be better than Michael. Remember, Jordan couldnt do much without Pippen and Phil. LeBron got Wade and Bosch and now he's rollin. I am a Bulls fan and Michael fan, but I have nothing against LeBron. I never understood the hate for him. There's not much if anything that can stop him. Kobe's in there as well. But he had Shaq and Phil too. He didnt exactly do it on his own. None of these guys did or can. That's why LeBron left Cleveland to begin with. But at this point in time, LeBron is still #3 in this group. Rings say it all.

Athletically speaking Lebron might just be the tops of that list. No one will ever be the competitor that MJ was but Lebron is a physical freak. MJ is at the tops of the list as an overall player though. You knew on the last possession of the game who was getting the ball and it seemed like MJ won the battle every time.

Pippen is one of the MOST underrated players in the NBA to have ever played, IMO. His talent was hidden behind the shadows of Jordan. I was a huge Pippen fan growing up. Everyone I knew, always loved Jordan. I admired his talent, but Pippen was a beast.

Like I said, I wasn't stating that MJ is better than this person or that, or visa versa, just stating that LeBron is doing just as much, if not more than the greatest players to have ever played, or in Kobe's defense, still playing. What I like about LeBron the most, is the fact that he is one of the only players in the NBA who can and does play all 5 positions, and does it rather effectively, while he is also a team player.

Championships are won by a team, not just a player. Now that James has Bosh and Wade, while at the same time are meshing very well, they should be snatching up some rings now. James also doesn't have the luxury of Phil Jackson as Head Coach. That man is probably the best HC in all of NBA time. This Heat team under Jackson, it would just be amazing.

Athletically speaking Lebron might just be the tops of that list. No one will ever be the competitor that MJ was but Lebron is a physical freak. MJ is at the tops of the list as an overall player though. You knew on the last possession of the game who was getting the ball and it seemed like MJ won the battle every time.

There's no might; Lebron James is the most athletically gifted specimen of a man in the history of the sport.

That being said, Kobe Bryant has been the reason that I've watched the NBA since age 6. It'll be a weird and sad day for me when he hangs it up.

Just basketball wise. 6 finals, 6 rings, 6 finals mvps. End of discussion! Nobody can boast that kind of perfection. Moving on.

LeBron's not done yet. Not even close to done. That's the point I was making. I *think* he could pass up Michael as the best ever. It's there for the taking for him.

Just basketball wise. 6 finals, 6 rings, 6 finals mvps. End of discussion! Nobody can boast that kind of perfection. Moving on.

I am glad you can come in here and rule the rings and say when threads are done.

In 10 years, Lebron has accomplished this, MOSTLY himself, before he got Wade and Bosh next to him...

NBA Champion

NBA Finals MVP

3 time NBA MVP

2x NBA All-Star Game MVP

Rookie of the Year

6x NBA All-NBA First team

4x All-Defensive first team

NBA All rookie first team

with many more accomplishments. Lebron is right behind him, while putting up STAGGERING numbers, with playing 2/3's the time MJ has, and much less than Kobe.

I am glad you can come in here and rule the rings and say when threads are done.

In 10 years, Lebron has accomplished this, MOSTLY himself, before he got Wade and Bosh next to him...

NBA Champion

NBA Finals MVP

3 time NBA MVP

2x NBA All-Star Game MVP

Rookie of the Year

6x NBA All-NBA First team

4x All-Defensive first team

with many more accomplishments. Lebron is right behind him, while putting up STAGGERING numbers, with playing 2/3's the time MJ has, and much less than Kobe.

Lebron could outperform Michael in every single award and category that they track and he wouldn't equal up to the perfection that was Michael Jordan in my eyes. Maybe it's just the information age, but Lebron has shown himself as too imperfect in his legacy. Tarnished and tainted in too many ways, looking big picture, to compare him with the GOAT.

• Fire 1

NBA Champion

NBA Finals MVP

3 time NBA MVP (1/3)

2x NBA All-Star Game MVP

Rookie of the Year

6x NBA All-NBA First team (2/6)

4x All-Defensive first team (2/4)

Bolded are those that he accomplished after Wade and Bosh got next to him.

Italicized is what he should not have won. If I remember correctly, without looking it up right now, Melo should have claimed that.

He is entering his prime. I am excited to see how he adjusts his game later in his career, like Mike and Kobe did.

He is a great player, but I think he will always be looked at differently for taking the easy way out and "taking [his] talents to South Beach."

He is a great player, but I think he will always be looked at differently for taking the easy way out and "taking [his] talents to South Beach."

People can call it the easy way out, but he was doing what was best for himself and his career. Looking at the picture, it was obviously just that. I hated LeBron when he first got in the game, and for a couple years after that, but I just came to realize that the guy is just completely talented and stout. He is just as a sure shooter as MJ was, while at the same time, a premier defender. I don't believe you can say one is better than the other, because simply, the two games are completely different. The style, physicality and all has changed so much.

I am one of the biggest MJ fans you will ever find. MJ got beat up and carried the Bulls as far as he could in his early years. He got abused by the Pistons and couldn't get by them. What did he do to get over that hump? Did he call his buddies on another Eastern Conference team and collude to form some super-team? Hell no! Obviously he got some roster help with the Bulls eventually, but he didn't take the easy way out.

I'm just playing devils advocate. LeBron is going to go down as one of the game's all-time greats, and I think he may be the greatest athlete of all time. I just don't like how the whole Heat team turned out. Obviously it was better for his career, but I think it will tarnish his legacy at the same time, if that makes sense.

• Fire 1