LeBron/Kobe/MJ

If I had to choose one of them for my team I would choose Bron Bron. he can do it all. I don't watch much of Kobe or didnt watch much of MJ but Lebron is one of the best athletes of all time

I won't argue with you here, LeBron might be THE greatest athlete of all-time.

Wish you would have watched more MJ and Kobe. They are two of the greatest basketball players of all-time.

First 3 quarters of a game, give me Lebron any day of the week. But when the 4th quarter rolls around, give me anybody but Lebron as far as I'm concerned. He has been a historically poor performer in the clutch, and if he ever dreams of being truly great, he needs to start being the closer.

The Lebron from the last two seasons say hello.... three years ago I would of agreed but not now....

He still has plenty of late-game stench about him. 2 years ago in the finals, the Mavs' entire strategy was to hang around till the 4th when Lebron was sure to collapse. It worked too.

Last year in the finals, you saw a team in OKC who IMO didn't handle the situation very well. They looked good in game 1 and then it looked to me like the moment was a little too big for a group of 22 and 23 year old guys. Not to mention, Perkins and Ibaka took a dump all over the Finals series last year. I hope OKC gets rid of Perkins because he is terrible and slow, but that's a convo for another day.

The OKC series is showing the importance of Westbrook, and its also showing that Durant is not in Lebrons realm.... so all that talk can stop. That Mavs finals was atleast 4 years ago, not two.... Lebron was extremely clutch throughout last years playoffs and its continued this year. He is on top right now and I dont see that changing anytime soon.

The OKC series is showing the importance of Westbrook, and its also showing that Durant is not in Lebrons realm.... so all that talk can stop. That Mavs finals was atleast 4 years ago, not two.... Lebron was extremely clutch throughout last years playoffs and its continued this year. He is on top right now and I dont see that changing anytime soon.

The Mavs vs Heat Finals were in 2011, that's two years ago. Don't count OKC out yet, Durant is definitely not the reason they are losing. Scott Brooks needs to change the lineup, Perkins looks like a senior citizen out there trying to play--he just as well have a walker or a cane they way he moves.

LeBron is a more complete player than either MJ or Kobe. He is a better rebounder and passer than either of them, but he is not quite as good of a scorer. MJ is the most prolific scorer and the most clutch player ever. He brought a will to win on the court that will never be seen again. LeBron will probably go down as the second best player in NBA history, because IMHO no one will ever surpass Jordan.

Are were talking figuratively, now? If so, that Cavs trip to the Finals was atleast 12 years ago, not six.

• Fire 1

I'm gonna reiterate my thoughts on this subject. I grew up watching Jordan and Magic and Bird. I have seen the Kobe era. I've seen Lebrons career. I am biased but realistic. MJ won 6 titles in 6 tries. 6 finals MVP awards. NEVER played a game 7 in the finals. Early in his career he was told by all the experts that a scoring champ could never carry his team to championships. one season he averaged 32.7 pts 8 Rebs an 8 assists. 2.89steals .8 blocks. Not even Mr all around Bron Bron has done that! Someone posted that MJ attracted other great players to come play with him is just pulling sh#t out of the air. Other than Dennis Rodman, whom nobody wanted at the time, MJ won with players drafted either 32 in the first round or scrub role players that could do one thing for the team. Pippen doesn't become the player he did on another team.

Kobe is a great player. Not even in my top 10 of greatest ever. He's MJ lite. Better perimeter shooter than Mike but he was a volume guy. Kobe didn't attract other talent IMO either. Phil Jackson did.

Lebron is a freak of an athlete. Great basketball player and I think he's reached his peak as a player. The greatness of a player is how long he can sustain it. He is 1 of 3 in the finals. His failure to lure other good players to Cleveland is why he had to leave. Could you imagine if MJ and Barkley left after their rookie deals and went and played with Hakeem or Ewing. Fuggetaboutit! Bron will always have an asterisk next to his Miami career IMO.

This discussion starts an ends with MJ.

• Fire 8

You serious Clark?

I'm gonna reiterate my thoughts on this subject. I grew up watching Jordan and Magic and Bird. I have seen the Kobe era. I've seen Lebrons career. I am biased but realistic. MJ won 6 titles in 6 tries. 6 finals MVP awards. NEVER played a game 7 in the finals. Early in his career he was told by all the experts that a scoring champ could never carry his team to championships. one season he averaged 32.7 pts 8 Rebs an 8 assists. 2.89steals .8 blocks. Not even Mr all around Bron Bron has done that! Someone posted that MJ attracted other great players to come play with him is just pulling sh#t out of the air. Other than Dennis Rodman, whom nobody wanted at the time, MJ won with players drafted either 32 in the first round or scrub role players that could do one thing for the team. Pippen doesn't become the player he did on another team.

Kobe is a great player. Not even in my top 10 of greatest ever. He's MJ lite. Better perimeter shooter than Mike but he was a volume guy. Kobe didn't attract other talent IMO either. Phil Jackson did.

Lebron is a freak of an athlete. Great basketball player and I think he's reached his peak as a player. The greatness of a player is how long he can sustain it. He is 1 of 3 in the finals. His failure to lure other good players to Cleveland is why he had to leave. Could you imagine if MJ and Barkley left after their rookie deals and went and played with Hakeem or Ewing. Fuggetaboutit! Bron will always have an asterisk next to his Miami career IMO.

+1 everything except the bolded.

Also this: If you take MJs full seasons played with Chicago, not counting his second year when he played 18 games before he missed the rest of the season due to injury and his 17 game season when he returned from little league baseball, he won 6 of 11 championships in which he played the whole season. He was defensive player of the year in 87 while also scoring 35 pts a game.

And again my favorite argument for the cause is the hall of fame list and all time greats MJ kept titleless! Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Mourning, Nique, Piatkowski, Muggsy Bogues! Hakeem and Clyde need to thank him for playing baseball so they could get theirs.

• Fire 1

Agreed with everything except bolded as well, and with footnotes. Yes, he's MJ lite, but he's really the closest anyone has or will get, and not including him in the top 10 is just bollocks. I mean yeah you can come up with legitimate arguments about his volume scoring, his field goal percentage, his overtaking of games to his teams detriment, but when you look at the big picture of where it's brought him, it's worked. Who else will ever finish with his resume? How many similarly molded players has he absolutely blown by or been superior to through either success, longevity, legacy, performance or a combination of many/all? Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, Baron Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Dwayne Wade, Ray Allen, Gilbert Arenas, Richard Jefferson and every other name that doesn't even deserve to be listed.

I could go on and on, and I'm biased, but I don't see how there's any legitimate way to put Kobe outside of top 5 all time when you look at the whole body of work. How can you not?

The Mavs vs Heat Finals were in 2011, that's two years ago. Don't count OKC out yet, Durant is definitely not the reason they are losing. Scott Brooks needs to change the lineup, Perkins looks like a senior citizen out there trying to play--he just as well have a walker or a cane they way he moves.

LeBron is a more complete player than either MJ or Kobe. He is a better rebounder and passer than either of them, but he is not quite as good of a scorer. MJ is the most prolific scorer and the most clutch player ever. He brought a will to win on the court that will never be seen again. LeBron will probably go down as the second best player in NBA history, because IMHO no one will ever surpass Jordan.

You're right on the year of the series, I must have been thinking of the first Mavs/Heat series in 06.... Consider the Thunder done. It would be a miracle if they won the West, and there is no way they beat the Heat without Westbrook and Harden.....The Heat have the league locked down for the next 6-7 years. Do I think they'll win 7 straight titles? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won 4-5 out of the next 6-7.....

+1 everything except the bolded.

Gimme your top ten.

Jordan

Kareem

Russell

Wilt

Magic

Bird

Oscar

Shaq

Jerry West

Hakeem

I put Kobe at 10-15. In there with Tim Duncan, Barkley, Malone, Elgin Baylor, pistol Pete. Some combo of those in my next tier.

You serious Clark?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.... I better start fact-checking every post I make :ahhhhhhhh