LeBron/Kobe/MJ

This Kobe/Lebron debate is easy for me.... After Shaq left L.A., the Lakers stayed around the middle of the western conference for a few years, barely making the playoffs (until they got Gasol). Lebron took that horrible Cavs team to the finals against the Spurs. Lebron can do so much more with less.... This debate isn't even close for me, Lebron is better than Kobe ever was, and he has been for 4-5 years now....

The Cleveland Cavaliers were so much better of a team than the Lakers were after the Shaq and co. fallout. We're talking about Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm and co.

Freaking Smush Parker

Who did the Cavs have? Ilgauskas (?) That team wasn't any better than Kobe's "down" teams....

I'd like to see LeBron's career without Wade and Bosh (and Ray Allen).

Hell, he LOST an NBA Final with them.

Yeah, and Kobe barely made the playoffs with the best Center in the game, and one of the best PG's ever....He (Lebron) had a fine career before Miami.... Kobe has had a better supporting cast most of his career. I just don't see the argument here. If you put Lebron on the Lakers team this year they are a top 2 seed in the west....

This Kobe/Lebron debate is easy for me.... After Shaq left L.A., the Lakers stayed around the middle of the western conference for a few years, barely making the playoffs (until they got Gasol). Lebron took that horrible Cavs team to the finals against the Spurs. Lebron can do so much more with less.... This debate isn't even close for me, Lebron is better than Kobe ever was, and he has been for 4-5 years now....

The Cleveland Cavaliers were so much better of a team than the Lakers were after the Shaq and co. fallout. We're talking about Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm and co.

Freaking Smush Parker

Who did the Cavs have? Ilgauskas (?) That team wasn't any better than Kobe's "down" teams....

Not saying they were good, but they were definitely better. Ilgauskas, Varejao, Ben Wallace, Delonte West, Eric Snow, Shaq, Jameson, etc. were all actual semi to mostly proven good role players.

Yeah, and Kobe barely made the playoffs with the best Center in the game, and one of the best PG's ever....He (Lebron) had a fine career before Miami.... Kobe has had a better supporting cast most of his career. I just don't see the argument here. If you put Lebron on the Lakers team this year they are a top 2 seed in the west....

I don't really think it's fair to look at this Lakers season on the same footing or to somehow exclaim that Lebron would have them playing at a top level. There's just too many factors outside of Kobe. Too many unfathomable and far-reaching disasters around the entire franchise that had nothing to do with him, and what Kobe did to guide them through troubled water and how high of a level he played at with how long he's been in the game and how old he is was simply just superhuman.

First 3 quarters of a game, give me Lebron any day of the week. But when the 4th quarter rolls around, give me anybody but Lebron as far as I'm concerned. He has been a historically poor performer in the clutch, and if he ever dreams of being truly great, he needs to start being the closer.

First 3 quarters of a game, give me Lebron any day of the week. But when the 4th quarter rolls around, give me anybody but Lebron as far as I'm concerned. He has been a historically poor performer in the clutch, and if he ever dreams of being truly great, he needs to start being the closer.

The Lebron from the last two seasons say hello.... three years ago I would of agreed but not now....

Will this championship be tainted with all of the stars down? Three of the Top-10 players in the league are down. One for biggest Eastern Conference foe, one for biggest Western Conference foe, and Kobe.

Why would it be? Besides, noone will remember when he has won his 4th straight....

Will this championship be tainted with all of the stars down? Three of the Top-10 players in the league are down. One for biggest Eastern Conference foe, one for biggest Western Conference foe, and Kobe.

Why would it be? Besides, noone will remember when he has won his 4th straight....

You think he the collusion will stick together two more years? Summer of 2014 is a huge offseason.

No matter how much it may suck for LeBron fans, his rings with this Heat team will always be met with skepticism.

You think he the collusion will stick together two more years? Summer of 2014 is a huge offseason.

No matter how much it may suck for LeBron fans, his rings with this Heat team will always be met with skepticism.

Why? Wade is Pippen.... Similar to Jordan with the bulls, there is no doubt who the best player is for the heat....

Why? Wade is Pippen.... Similar to Jordan with the bulls, there is no doubt who the best player is for the heat....

Because Jordan and Kobe brought/attracted talent to where they were. Lebron ran to where the talent was.

That's the perception anyways. No matter how legitimate or not.

• Fire 1

BINGO! Kobe is one of the most clutch players in the history of the game. I don't like the Lakers but watching this Spurs series would have been so much better with Kobe on the court.

When LeBron took the Cavs to the NBA Finals, the EC was so weak. Any NBA fan could have told you that the WC would win that year. The Spurs swept them that year if my memory serves me, or 4-1.