LeBron/Kobe/MJ

He makes one mistake so the world hates him?

Doesnt cheat all over his wife, doesnt commit crimes, donates a lot of his time to the city and money to charity.

But yeah - he is the bad guy. What a joke.

And people shifted away from hating him for the decision into hating him for joining Wade and Bosh.

Also, I didnt say Shaq had THE best footwork I said he has some of the best, as in grouping him with others. As far as im concerned no one can mess with Hakeem or McHale.

The Decision is a microcosm of why people hate Lebron James.

It's because the guy is an enigma, and he won't fill any role that society wants him to. First he was the golden boy of the new generation, but he couldn't get it done and he was too human. Then he tucked tail to get some help, and viliainized himself, and tried playing the villain role for a while, but that left him unsatisfied too. Now people just don't know what to do with him. In sports, we want good vs. evil. We want Michael and pre-fire hydrant Tiger vs. Ron Artest and Jose Canseco. They can't be human, that's far less interesting. They need to be immortal, and on one side or the other, and Lebron James shows strong elements of both sides and also imperfections, while still being absolutely dominant.

I mean there are a lot of other reasons but I feel like that is the underlying mindset a lot of the time.

I'm gonna reiterate my thoughts on this subject. I grew up watching Jordan and Magic and Bird. I have seen the Kobe era. I've seen Lebrons career. I am biased but realistic. MJ won 6 titles in 6 tries. 6 finals MVP awards. NEVER played a game 7 in the finals. Early in his career he was told by all the experts that a scoring champ could never carry his team to championships. one season he averaged 32.7 pts 8 Rebs an 8 assists. 2.89steals .8 blocks. Not even Mr all around Bron Bron has done that! Someone posted that MJ attracted other great players to come play with him is just pulling sh#t out of the air. Other than Dennis Rodman, whom nobody wanted at the time, MJ won with players drafted either 32 in the first round or scrub role players that could do one thing for the team. Pippen doesn't become the player he did on another team.

Kobe is a great player. Not even in my top 10 of greatest ever. He's MJ lite. Better perimeter shooter than Mike but he was a volume guy. Kobe didn't attract other talent IMO either. Phil Jackson did.

Lebron is a freak of an athlete. Great basketball player and I think he's reached his peak as a player. The greatness of a player is how long he can sustain it. He is 1 of 3 in the finals. His failure to lure other good players to Cleveland is why he had to leave. Could you imagine if MJ and Barkley left after their rookie deals and went and played with Hakeem or Ewing. Fuggetaboutit! Bron will always have an asterisk next to his Miami career IMO.

This discussion starts an ends with MJ.

vzdh1d.gif

ku-xlarge.gif

really embarrassing....

I don't think I've ever seen Jordan flop once in a basketball game compared to Lebron's 12.7 avg flops a game (sure I exaggerated Lebron's flops)....that there is worth ending this "Who's better MJ or Lebron?" debate

ku-xlarge.gif

really embarrassing....

I don't think I've ever seen Jordan flop once in a basketball game compared to Lebron's 12.7 avg flops a game (sure I exaggerated Lebron's flops)....that there is worth ending this "Who's better MJ or Lebron?" debate

This is an NBA ALL-Defensive 1st Team selection? Unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan's Finals low was 22 points.

LeBron's is 8. EIGHT!

Don't forget his 15, 17, and 18 this series.

As much as all the Bron enthusiasts argue his overall game superior to MJ/Kobe, as their reasoning of greatest ever, they need him to score. Spolestra needs to start running LeBron at point forward. He's more comfortable with the ball in his hands. Stop trying to run him in the post. Run a conventional 1-4 low and load up the perimeter with shooters. Sit Wade and start Miller or Jesus. Wade is killing them right now. Passing up on 20ft jumpers to drive and jack something up. Give them shots to Ray. You can't run 20 seconds of shot clock and then get the ball to LeBron and hope he can bail you out. This series has sealed Boshs fate in Miami. He gone! I expect Miami to put the ball in Lebrons hands early and often. He may go off for 45 and hit the FT line about 20 times. Heat will lose and this series will be all but over. I said SA in 6. But if the spurs win tomorrow night, it may only take 5.