OT Frank Ragnow [Arkansas Commit]

Visited Arkansas and had a great visit. Several reports that they pulled in the lead.

On the bright side he's stopping here for another UV this weekend. Another chance to impress him.

Not coming this weekend, according to Bryan Munson.

Bryan Munson @BigRedBryan 3h

Chanhassen (Minn.) OL Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) is not in Lincoln after all. #Huskers https://secure.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=12&requestedurl=http%3a%2f%2fmbd.scout.com%2fmb.aspx%3fs%3d204%26f%3d1127%26t%3d11730115%26p%3d1%26pin%3d11730115

Is this the guy who was supposedly close to committing at the beginning of summer?

He was high on Nebraska and came out for the spring game, and a lot of people were speculating he would commit on the spot if he was offered while on campus. However, he left without an offer. A few weeks later, Nebraska offered, but his interest seemed to have cooled by then.

Is this the guy who was supposedly close to committing at the beginning of summer?

He was high on Nebraska and came out for the spring game, and a lot of people were speculating he would commit on the spot if he was offered while on campus. However, he left without an offer. A few weeks later, Nebraska offered, but his interest seemed to have cooled by then.

Ah, that's too bad, I really like him in general.

Sucks that the opportunity to close was there but we held-off on an offer that he ended-up getting anyway. We're improving but still a work in progress.

Sucks that the opportunity to close was there but we held-off on an offer that he ended-up getting anyway. We're improving but still a work in progress.

Based on the amount of flip-flopping that occurs with recruits I have trouble believing that even if he committed after the spring game that he would have stuck it out the whole time if things have changed so much since then.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't bode well for us. Also, the link is VIP access only.

Frank Ragnow Visit Plans

Frank just told me he will be adding a stop to Alabama next weekend now as well. FSU is scheduled for Thursday. Florida and Bama stops are

minnesota.247sports.com

Not a big deal. We have been out of it for Ragnow for a while. Florida, Arkansas, and Minnesota should be more worried about this because Bama has started showing more interest toward Ragnow lately, thus the late addition to his schedule.

• 2 months later...

From today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette:

Arkansas Coach Bret Bielema and offensive line coach Sam Pittman impressed offensive tackle Frank Ragnow by showing up for his practice on Monday.

“Shows that I’m their guy, which is pretty cool,” said Ragnow, who’s working to set an official visit to Arkansas for Nov. 2. “I mean the head coach doesn’t just travel anywhere for anyone.”

Ragnow, 6-6, 291, 5.0 seconds in the 40-yard dash of Victoria, Minn., Chanhassen is a prime prospect for the Razorbacks, who are trying to rebuild both sides of the line. Ragnow reports having received 17 scholarship offers, including Arkansas, Florida State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Miami and Nebraska.

Ragnow visited Fayetteville on July 26, along with his father, and said they were impressed by the people and facilities.

“Everyone was great,” Ragnow said.

Ragnow said he’s working on a date to visit Florida State but hasn’t decided on any other schools for his other three visits.

He said the Hogs are one of the schools recruiting him the hardest.

“They send me, my mom and dad 30 handwritten letters a day and keep in contact with me daily,” Ragnow said.

Arkansas’ season hasn’t panned out well as the Hogs coaches and fans had hoped, but Ragnow said that has no impact on him.

“Nope, I’m thinking about the future,” he said.

ESPN rates Ragnow as the nation’s No. 27 offensive tackle and the No. 3 prospect in Minnesota.

His mother plans to accompany him and his father for the second trip to Fayetteville.

“I think she wants to see what I saw on my visit that made me like it a lot,” Ragnow said.

Arkansas Coach Bret Bielema and offensive line coach Sam Pittman impressed offensive tackle Frank Ragnow by showing up for his practice on Monday.

“Shows that I’m their guy, which is pretty cool,” said Ragnow, who’s working to set an official visit to Arkansas for Nov. 2. “I mean the head coach doesn’t just travel anywhere for anyone.”

Ragnow, 6-6, 291, 5.0 seconds in the 40-yard dash of Victoria, Minn., Chanhassen is a prime prospect for the Razorbacks, who are trying to rebuild both sides of the line. Ragnow reports having received 17 scholarship offers, including Arkansas, Florida State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Miami and Nebraska.

Ragnow visited Fayetteville on July 26, along with his father, and said they were impressed by the people and facilities.

Ragnow said he’s working on a date to visit Florida State but hasn’t decided on any other schools for his other three visits.

“They send me, my mom and dad 30 handwritten letters a day and keep in contact with me daily,” Ragnow said.

Arkansas’ season hasn’t panned out well as the Hogs coaches and fans had hoped, but Ragnow said that has no impact on him.

ESPN rates Ragnow as the nation’s No. 27 offensive tackle and the No. 3 prospect in Minnesota.

His mother plans to accompany him and his father for the second trip to Fayetteville.

“I think she wants to see what I saw on my visit that made me like it a lot,” Ragnow said.

Why is this allowed....

Why is this allowed....

well they aint winning so they have time on their hands i guess... or maybe they should be focusing on practice instead of dem 30 letters